It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Wastes No Time Politicizing Orlando Massacre

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+80 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
We've got the posts condemning the President for not using the words "Islamic Terrorist" as though we live in some sort of possession movie and if we can call the demon by its name we can control and expel it. The "argument" as it were, being that "political correctness" is preventing us from doing... something... it's not really clear what.

Then there's a thread for denouncing the President for saying that this, the worst mass shooting in American history (I'm going to venture that it's not if you count massacres of Native Americans but that's a topic for another thread) is a "further reminder" that it's too easy for some people to get their hands on guns. This comes as we learn that at least in the case of the handgun, that gun was purchased within the last couple of weeks. Whether or not you or I agree with President Obama — and I think he missed the mark as this cowardly, homicidal scum would have passed a background check by all indications — his politicizing of the massacre is positively respectful next to Donald Trump's:

The Daily Beast - Donald Trump Makes Worst Mass Shooting In U.S. History All About Him

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must be smart! 12:43 PM - 12 Jun 2016

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Is President Obama going to finally mention the words radical Islamic terrorism? If he doesn't he should immediately resign in disgrace!
1:58 PM - 12 Jun 2016

What is he to be congratulated for exactly? What is this "toughness" and "vigilance" he's talking about? For that matter, what kind of asshole would even think to say that he "[appreciates] the congrats for being right" in the immediate aftermath of a terrorist attack?

Donald Trump is right about nothing. The simple truth is that there is nothing our government can do to stop individuals from launching lone wolf terror attacks that doesn't involve egregious violations of our most fundamental rights. This is an inescapable truth and it should be obvious to anyone capable of rational thought.

Yes, this is horrible. Yes, it is frightening to realize that a person bent on murder and mayhem could at any moment bring harm to you and yours but this my friends, is a fact of life in a free society. The President is wrong in suggesting that restricting legal access to guns will prevent terrorist attacks. Terrorists have and will employ a variety of instruments for doing their evil — bombs, knives, swords, acid, poisons, toxic gases, biological agents, cars, planes, box cutters — you name it.

Donald Trump is even more wrong and what he suggests is far worse.

Again I ask, what does this loudmouthed buffoon believe he was right about?

More un-Constitutional surveillance? Infringing on religious freedoms? Ostracizing Muslim Americans and using 'magical words' to cast away the darkness? Don't be taken in by this would be authoritarian strong man. He has no solutions, he has no answers, he only has prescriptions for destroying civil liberties in the name of a 'safety' that we can never be guaranteed.

This is a fight we can never win with bombs. This is a fight we can't win with laws that erode the most basic rights of individuals. For the same reasons many of you reject Obama's suggestion that stricter gun laws will prevent mass murder, you should rebuke with greater force the blatantly authoritarian overtures and wanton demagoguery of Donald Trump.
edit on 2016-6-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+103 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Can one of say...

"theantediluvian wastes no time knocking Trump over Orlando massacre"

To the same effect?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
50 people dead, god knows how many hurt and here we are worrying who is right obama or trump. Just feels wrong

+44 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: imod02

In situations like this we need a leader who's willing to act fast and tell the truth.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
You got that wrong...Trump is a waste of time...the Florida is a sad statement on how we treat each other.
Cheers

+30 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I can smell the desperation in this thread

There's nothing authoritarian about his statements

+55 more 
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I am seriously far more troubled by the President's immediate politicization than Trump's and Hillary's.

He's been politicizing murders, at his whim, for years now.

+65 more 
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Good. I'm tired of pussies excusing Islam and violence.

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It's ok for the great orange to do anything in the eyes of his supporters. If Obama is an ass for politicizing the shooting then Trump is no different. Unfortunately the Trump supporters will flood this thread to make excuses for him or drift the thread away from him. Too late they have already shown up.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: imod02

In situations like this we need a leader who's willing to act fast and tell the truth.

As I said before nither the US or Europe has such a thing, there is a diffrents between a strong leader and some one who shoots first then shoots anyone who asks questions, I dont think trump is a strong leader, none of the canadates you lot have are strong,

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Trump is like all politicians he's just taking advantage of a national tragedy to push his own political agenda.

Nothing new here....

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Can you imagine Obama saying "Sorry people, we have participated in the creation of ISIS, and our best buddies, the Saudis are responsible for their funding..."

The democrats would be f*#&d, and it would pretty much guarantee Trump's victory

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Never let a good tragedy go to waste.

Trump is sounding more like a politician every day.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think everything we've seen from Trump so far, shows us he's not a politician lol. In my opinion, he's just a man speaking his mind, without any filter, which is something a politician would never do.

+30 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

This bs happening today and yesterday is going to work in his favor.

I hate to say that but it's true.

And honestly it should because it's about damn time we elect someone who's got the balls to call a spade a spade.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think everything we've seen from Trump so far, shows us he's not a politician lol. In my opinion, he's just a man speaking his mind, without any filter, which is something a politician would never do.

did I say politician.... sorry salesman

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

If criticizing politicization is politicization, then you criticizing me for politicization for criticizing politicization is in fact, politicization.

This is what is known as an infinite regress or homunculus fallacy.

The answer to your question is "No."

+48 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I love how desperate you kids are getting.

Admit your religion is the worst problem facing your globalist dreams.

Islam is a cancer on this planet.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
It's ok for the great orange to do anything in the eyes of his supporters. If Obama is an ass for politicizing the shooting then Trump is no different. Unfortunately the Trump supporters will flood this thread to make excuses for him or drift the thread away from him. Too late they have already shown up.

So what? Some people who aren't rabidly 'loyal' to any party nor candidate are sick & effing tired of the back & forth finger-pointing.

If Trump is politicizing these murders, he had the Clintons, Bushes, and Obama who set the standard to follow.

Start holding them all accountable.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Come on, that's not political correct...you will offend other people's feelings...don't mind more and more Islamist going on a mass murdering rampage...it's all about being political correct

I mean, how dare this Trump pointing to the cause of it all? Damn he
edit on 721k2016Sundaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join