It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Furby conspiracies, autopsies etc

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Back with this in a few minutes.

[Edited on 18-6-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

Furby censorship

I tried earlier. But the powers that be refused to allow it.

Evidence.

spaceport666.tripod.com...

www.rumormillnews.net...

www.cae.wisc.edu... As you may have heard, Furby has been having some problems with the government. In January, in a warning to employees, the National Security Agency said, "Personally-owned photographic, video and audio recording equipment are prohibited items. This includes toys, such as 'Furbys,' with built-in recorders that repeat the audio with synthesized sound to mimic the original signal." This is rather unneccesary, since the only English Furby can "learn" is what�s already been programmed into his chips."

www.thebee.com... Furby hacking case study, excellent

www.badfads.com...

And the famous Jerky Boys episode.

Why is ATS so anti-Furby?

[Edited on 18-6-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

[Edited on 31-7-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
www.phobe.com...

This is a brilliant site for alien autopsy researchers.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
You said in your first post

Furby
This is a stupid post.
I wanted to see how many people would visit this topic.
And I was surprised to find out when I used the search term 'Furby' that 'Furby' is a term never before used at ATS.

Post your furby stories here.

I agreed with you it was a stupid post, it had no purpose, no meaning, no information or humor or ANYTHING, except the tappings of a bored poster. So as we both agreed I figured you wouldn't mind if I deleted it.

So I did ...

This thread seems to be heading to the same place...

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
You may be right, except about my boredom.

Let others determine whether Furby should be vanquished.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
www.cae.wisc.edu... As you may have heard, Furby has been having some problems with the government. In January, in a warning to employees, the National Security Agency said, "Personally-owned photographic, video and audio recording equipment are prohibited items. This includes toys, such as 'Furbys,' with built-in recorders that repeat the audio with synthesized sound to mimic the original signal." This is rather unneccesary, since the only English Furby can "learn" is what?s already been programmed into his chips."

maybe this discussion would belong better in chit-chat, just because it's so utterly random. or maybe Furby pictures would belong in the creepy pictures thread in paranormal. (those things skeeve me out, and I'm not sure why.) and the fact that furbys are banned by the NSA are hilarious. furby: national security threat!

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
lol this is great dont delete this

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
What the hell is a furby?...I heard of one, is it like a tickle me elmo?
Deep

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Deep

To see the inner workings of a furby, see the Furby Autopsy section at the phobe.com link provided.

Furby was the toy fad of 98-99. There is much more to it than meets the eye. Corporate intrigue, highly controlled distribution to inflate demand, and one of the first waves of ebay rip-offs along with contemptible beanie babies. But they were easier to get than the infamous A.I. Super Toy Teddy whose production run was slashed when the A.I. movie was critically planned.

When you put two Furbies on a table within earshot of each other they will have conversations in Furbish. Secret ones.

Furbies are a pre-millennium signal of the corruption of the fabric of western society. Most conspiracy theorists will dismiss Furbies as harmless junk for the proletariat, but it is not safe to do that.

Mine is a Special Edition Wizard Furby, who is black with a purple and gold cap and cape, named Tu-Mo. I haven't spoken to him for a while. He can't speak to Super-Toy Teddy, who only speaks to homo sapiens.

Back to your regular 'programming'.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 05:36 AM
link   
A Furby Autumn Story..... (Fall, that is)

Furby loves the autumn time.
Leaves are falling: it's so sublime.
Furby says, what he likes most,
Is that all the colors seem to boast.

There�s so much orange, yellow and red,
The trees, the leaves, dance in Furby�s head.
Furby is "noo-loo" (happy) and having "dah-doo-ay" (big fun).
In pumpkin fields, Furby loves to play.

Summer heat turns into autumn cool,
And Furby has gone back to school.
His friends, his Teachers, have all returned.
It�s time to study, it�s time to learn.

Fall says in every way,
It�s the beginning of a brand new day.
So, open your books, and start anew,
Remember to yourself, always be true.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
[QUOTE=Grey;1211483]*shakes head* having taken apart and rebuilt furbies I can tell you there is not secret pentagon equipment in them. In fact the feds were scared of the same thing wich is why you dont see them for sale anymore.[/QUOTE]

Superstitions aside the government hadconcerns of the Furby.. not because of superstitious beliefs, but because word had it that furbies in a few cases had been hacked into and or completely new high tech hardware and software could be installed having a high tech spying devise Made to look like a furby.

The programing was changed and things were added to them like surveillance equipment and cameras in the eye sockets, Trackable RFID microchips, and apparently they were sent to homes targeting children whose parents someone had interest in.. and the Furby would have it's regular programing, but then it could be remotely overridden by someone controlling the Furby with a computer and when the parents were around a guy could speak through the microphone in a furby voice engaging the kid in role playing games which might include the kid reveling information about their parents,and the Furby could be used to influence the young suggestible child into doing certain things... Also the possibilities of bombs in furbies promoted caution around them when they were found in sensitive areas not only would the bombs serve the purpose of hurting people, but destroying the chip which the signals could be traced.

I could imagine how fun it would be to have remote control Furby to play pranks on people and even spy on them and pretend you can read their mind latter LOL : )

CNN - Furby a threat to national security? - January 13, 1999
Furby is embedded with a computer chip that allows it to record words. ... Furby resembles an owl, with tufts of hair between its huge pink ears. ...
www.cnn.com/US/9901/13/nsa.furby.ban.01

They are still popular with many hackers as they can be dissected and made to do interesting things. In particular, their advanced audio capabilities and various sensory interfaces make them popular with the circuit bending community.

www.makezine.com/blog/archive/robotics/

www.spybusters.com...

World: Americas

Furby toy or Furby spy?

The Furby, a highly sought-after Christmas toy in 1998, is now a high-ranking public enemy and has been banned from National Security Agency premises in Maryland.

news.bbc.co.uk...

eecue.com...
New Furby Hacking : Part 1 : Skinning

New Furby closeupYesterday I went and bought the New Furby which just came out in October this year. The new Furby is a pretty darn advanced toy for only $30, if you haven't seen one before they are basically armless Mogwais with beaks. New Furbys are powered by the Sensory Inc's RSC-4128 which is a multi-purpose microprocessor that does everything from voice recognition to text-to-speach to IO to DTMF output. After reading through the white paper for the RSC-4128 I was pretty sure that the Furby would be quite the hackable robot, so I decided to take a look inside and see what hacking would entail.

top topics

join