It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Announced Florida Threat THREE Days Ago: “We Will Attack Florida”

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: CIAGypsy

What's the point of DHS? What the hell has Big Brother protected US from? If this was an ISIS plot or ISIS inspired plot how the hell does our gov't not know about it?? ISIS openly tells us what they're gonna do and then they do it.

That's a loaded question and a complicated one to answer... My GUESS is that the FBI will say that terrorists have gone dark (i.e. operating off radar of the web or any compromised communications). This is the "justification" they give for needing to tap into anything and everything whether its Constitutionally legal or not. It is a subject I have debated with the Government on many occasions.

Indeed, it's just a justification. There is no reason that nearly all comms between terrorists can't be monitored, other than couriers by hand, which are subject to intercept, at times with extreme prejudice. NSA has inroads into pretty much the bulk of transmitted communication, including SSL and RSA. There are encryptions that they have not yet broken, and probably won't for the foreseeable future, but the most common encrypted communications are already compromised. I strongly suspect that AES has probably been compromised as well - there must be some reason it was pushed so hard to be a "standard", when it is sub-par compared to certain other algorithms.

There is a "security encryption suite" allegedly developed by al-Qaeda and further developed by ISIS called "Mujahideen Secrets 2". It, like their most famous hack, is largely plagiarized work of others rather than a native development. It's a good idea, a novel approach, but it too is substandard and plagued with problems. I have a copy of it, and wouldn't use it to communicate between kids' tree houses, much less in an security sensitive application. Whomever wrote the "directions" for it's use was either incredibly naive in encryption matters, OR purposely wrote instructions that would guarantee insecure use. I suspect the latter. Might as well just send your "secure" comms in an unsealed envelope and send them with the header "To: Local Terrorist Cell - Care of NSA".

Then again, it's to be expected - Islam has, throughout it's history, stolen the work of others and tried to pass it off as it's own. I just think that MujSecrets2 was probably a donation rather than a theft, with an eye towards making the intel agencies jobs a whole lot easier.

My point here is that there is no reason on Earth that the various alphabet agencies can't read nearly all "encrypted" internet transmissions as if they had wrote them themselves. No reason at all that they wouldn't know what's coming down the pike well in advance of the actual event. Since they (most recently the FBI) howl and whine and wring their hands over their alleged incapability against run of the mill encryption, knowing all the while that the vast majority in use might as well be wrapping the message in saran wrap, I smell a disinformation campaign designed to fool most folks into thinking their communications are secure when they are nothing of the sort, thus making the agencies' jobs a whole lot easier... yet "stuff" keeps happening.

Therefore, you are likely correct - it's just a "justification", and the end game it runs to is not a pretty picture.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
a reply to: Shiloh7
Western violence and interference in Muslim nations is the root of the problem
30+ years of bombing a bloodshed can have this effect.
Don't mess with them and they wont mess with us , to me its that simple

That betrays an utter and complete ignorance of Islamic history. Hint: it stretches much farther back than just the last "30+ years", and includes far more victims than just the modern "west"... and was absolutely not initiated by "western violence". Look up "the battle of Badr", and then explain to me how that wedges in to the last 30 years, or how the victims were "western"... or Christian, for that matter.

The "root of the problem" runs far deeper and spreads through far more dirt than you are willing to admit.

edit on 2016/6/14 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

I wouldn't argue anything you've said in this post....

The point where this capability has gone awry occurred when the government chose to turn this on its own citizens, without warrant, because they are fighting an ideology that crosses non-geographic lines. The "enemy" is harder to identify because it isn't wrapped in a flag but in something much harder to discern.

My problem is that its a slippery slope which gives unopposed power and information to an entity which was never intended to be sentient. Can you imagine how corrupt individuals within that entity would utilize full access to the intellectual property of its citizens? Some might even say (with valid argument) that its already happened....

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Gotta love religious nutters...which is exactly what your source is about. Equals not a legit source.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdChillin

Gotta love religious nutters...which is exactly what your source is about. Equals not a legit source.

Keeping reading the thread.

The source is not shoebat. The source came from a local Florida television station. He only regurgitated it.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

BOO! Made ya flinch....

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join