It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything an invitation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Absolutely Everything is about you,
not the real you,
but the potential you.
An invitation to become.
To become a fool, a lover.
Someone’s puppet, someone’s master.
Each life beckons us to follow
or repels us to keep away.
On seeing an old person
we may whisper to ourselves.
"I don’t want to be that way."
Then that person looks back
with the eyes of a child.
"Don’t be fooled, for I am not that way."
"I am the perfect human", says another
and it appears to be so.
But their partner, who lives with him smiles,
and says "the things you just don’t know."
Are we all on the band wagon
of making a show?
Until we realize the difference
between becoming and being.
There is no way to know.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Nice timing. Beautifully said.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
Absolutely Everything is about you,
not the real you,
but the potential you.
An invitation to become.

Everything - that is, all there is appearing presently - is an invitation to see that there is only being.
'Becoming' is in time and where is there any other time but the present.

Are we all on the band wagon
of making a show?

You are showing up as this presentation - eternally.

There is no way to know.

Knowing is happening - it is being what there is.
edit on 12-6-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

Very nice, doesnt make it that way I just looked at it that way and leave it planted in appreciation.

To do or not to do... as soon as the mind thinks the seed presents itself for what comes, not to do then what has already been done? Why become anything when such reason has been undone?

It just is in all its perfection and imperfection, neither.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

leave it planted in appreciation.
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness
A great practice! That is what I am learning to do more and more.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Thanks for twirling it from where you found it so others could have a chance to appreciate it... impermanence shouldnt be escaped but embraced. How else does on conquer such powerful a demon?

Te mind planting all seeds gives rise to beautiful and ugly who are we to judge and discriminate our creation when we chose to plant them to begin with using discrimination afterwards is an unappreciation of life itself and all the hardwork everyone has put into it... even what people call ugly cant be ungrown but in due season minds change and the aroma with such a blind eye is freedom just the same.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

impermanence shouldnt be escaped but embraced. How else does one conquer such powerful a demon?
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness
Now that is great wisdom also, so much in a short line.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Well if trying to keep things in a permanent state when all is impermanence(entropy) causes suffering... how else is one to escape it? Its called making friends with: things change, things arise and they pass. Seeing what we hold onto as a belief is what mediation is all about... then seeing the root of which that trauma or extreme that does not allow the resent to unwrap naturally, but instead stays traped in a box or memory that we drag into the right now.

With a clear persective of what we are holding onto or have cut the fetters dragging all of that along; we can clearly see the strings that control, and chains that bind that keep causing people and others a slavery or suffering that does themselves and others no good. It turns into greed for nothing but what they like and hate for everything they do not like. In children this gets called fussy instead of personality... but it is simply attachment to pleasant and unpleasant and forcing every single experience into ones own personal box trying to contain and keep out change... which is an impossibility.

We not only do this as individuals, we seek out entire groups to have validation of hey trying to keep that in your box too? Lets band together and fight against what is trying to take it out or change it... which is a lesson in futility, control, psychopathology... we form such things first out of this attachment which has nothing to do with enjoyment or appreciation because thats a personal experience that is variable and changes but what it is in and of itself doesnt change at all just our view point of it... so when we try to force permanence on impermance it becomes our enemy... we take so many actions to make the impossible possible we prevent any lasting happiness from actually arising.

Since such a process starts in that false made self one takes permanent... it takes individual responsibility to do what? Start changing or becoming impermanence itself... we are embracing it each time whether we like it or realize it or not. Each time we say well I guess thats the way things are and move on from the pain of trying to make something permanent and lasting as we see it being? We heal and move on towards the future and sto wallowing in it.

Of course if we havent sat and throughly investigated the roots of why things keep changing as they are always apt to do, within us? These lessons keep arising time and time again until we see how we keep producing our own suffering by saying such silliness as this is ALWAYS this way that or another... theres no constants just somethings last longer than others, and somethings have a greater statistically probability than others for occuring.

Of course our ideation and concepts about anything arising or occuring doesnt make them what they are... as those names and labels are a concept... go to a country where you dont speak the language and youll realize just how quickly you know but dont know a damned thing and stand there like an idiot going does anyone know what I know? Or speak the same language... then such huddle in masses and point saying; I dont know what the hell those people are talking about while the other group is pointing saying the same thing... whos right and whos wrong in such a situation? Yes its a paradox so I urge readers to not be so quick to form an opinion as an answer. Because it is both and neither at the same time which is reality itself.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
There is no way to know.

1)There is no 'difference'!
ALL is Knowledge, ALL is Known!

1)Beautiful picture/woman!

edit on 16-6-2016 by namelesss because: just because!

top topics

join