It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney on "trickle down racism"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Well this is certainly a new term for me. Romney was being interviewed on CNN and said he WON'T be voting or either Clinton or Trump. That in and of itself shouldn't be a surprise.

There is speculation he MIGHT be waiting until the convention to sweep in and try to toss Trump out.

In any case, Romney got creative with the "trickle down" term in the interview with Wolf Blitzer"

"I don't want to see trickle-down racism," he said. "I don't want to see a president of the United States saying things which change the character of the generations of Americans that are following. Presidents have an impact on the nature of our nation, and trickle-down racism and bigotry, trickle-down misogyny, all these things are extraordinarily dangerous to the heart and character of America, so I'm not looking for Mr. Trump to change a policy that more aligns with my own."

Article

What do we think? Is that even a "THING"? Can racism and bigotry "trickle down"?

We should all know by now that trickle down economics doesn't and didn't really work.

I wonder if there is some kind of double-meaning behind Romney's words?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

I guess trickle down Mormonism should be frowned upon as well.

It makes me sick that every single politician must be religious in some sense, as if it meant they were just.

There is no such thing as trickle down anything in my opinion,

Our words or beliefs are not waterfalls, unless we force the stones beared from our bodies to be weathered away by our constant reign of tyrrany by oppression upon those rugged facades we call stones to resemble ourselves we are meant to believe in.

Mitt Romney has no chance of becoming anything besides Al Gore's puppet. Those two would make a great transgender, non binary, furry couple.

We are apart of a game, and we choose to play it, and illegal immigrants have the right as well. I can phone in from France and place my vote for U.S. President if I have pull even if I never stepped foot in the country.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Trickle down stupid has been going on.

Trump is right that Romney is a choker. He choked with Candy Crowley in the debate.

And who gives a rats who you vote for, Mitt.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Here we go , another Irrelevant , Recalcitrant , Romney speaking out his rear again
Why doesnt he just fade off into the sunset ? Let it be. He blew his chance to be President big-time and now he wants to throw comments around about someone that is SERIOUSLY running for President and has a chance ? (which Romney never had)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

What do we think? Is that even a "THING"? Can racism and bigotry "trickle down"?

Yeah, it can. When racism becomes institutionalised - or put into office -racism also becomes legitimised. To some degree it does manifest itself in the mind of the populus. We have seen this many times - we have seen this in America even.

It is not that long ago, that you would not be considered racist, or consider yourself racist, for believing that blacks were lesser beings than caucasians - the legislation supported the notion, so why should not you?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

To think that supports the notion that law dictates morality and tells you what to think and believe. Are you really that weak minded?

If we really believed that the law told us, then slavery would still exist, the Civil Rights era would never have happened, and there would be no controversy whatsoever surrounding abortion, gay marriage, and similar things.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Romney is Racist towards 50% of Americans (now 60-70%, thanks to buggers like him) who don't have enough in their Bank accounts. I wish he would just shut his pie hole and go live in his many homes equipped with automobile elevators.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
That's funny because politicians like Mitt are the reason race relations are not improving. These are supposed to be voices of the people, and yet they never openly talk about race issues. What do candidates do during campaigns? They don't talk about it. They get a token black preacher on stage to say a few nice things, probably for a donation, then they nod their head in agreement and move on to the next topic.

We thought Obama would help open the conversation up. Many people voted for him for this very reason. Nothing. Not even a okie dokie.

I'm not saying Trump will be the one to help initiate conversation about race relations, but I just think it's very hypocritical for someone like Mitt to say what he said.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well you've all gone and proved it.
This is just another one of those things that Trump supporters and trump himself just don't get.
Don't waste time here. Talking to the wall.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

Romney is Racist towards 50% of Americans (now 60-70%, thanks to buggers like him) who don't have enough in their Bank accounts. I wish he would just shut his pie hole and go live in his many homes equipped with automobile elevators.

That's not racism -- it's arrogance.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I used to like Romney, but he is a has-been choker, and I couldn't give two squats less what he thinks. He's jealous and thinks he's going to have some effect on what people think. He is totally irrelevant now.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

His people need to help coin better buzz words.

That said, it's not hard to see the point he's attempting to make. Trump's use of blatantly racist drivel, along with his insincere claims that he's not racist (oh, the lulz) has made it fashionable for his supporters to bring out the hate.

Romney's assessment does ring true. A presidential candidate whose entire platform is based upon a poorly built foundation of bigotry, misogyny and flat out hate is not only dangerous, it's unamerican.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust

originally posted by: ugmold

That's not racism -- it's arrogance.

That is arrogance and hate indeed.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

There has always been a segment of the wealthy that have shown disdain for those of lesser means, and vice versa.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
romney is so wrong.

we need Trump in the white house NOW.
im eager.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Romney is many things -- aloof, arrogant, condescending...

Many traits which Trump shares, by the way.

But in this instance, he is not wrong.

The last person we need in the White House is Trump.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I don't like or trust Romney any more than I do any of the rest of them. He's polluted two elections already and he's a big part of the reason why we're still having to put up with Obama. He very clearly had absolutely nothing to get people to vote for in 2012. He couldn't exactly claim to be against Obamacare when Obamacare IS really just Romneycare renamed and spread out nationally.

I honestly think the Republicans have just sold us out (those of us who don't like or want the liberal agenda) and they're throwing these elections on purpose. Because if a traditional conservative were to actually be elected, they would be expected to actually do things like repealing Obamacare. People like me don't want it to be "repealed and replaced". I want it gone and I don't want it coming back in another hideous disguise. The Republicans obviously don't want to do that and won't do that so they have no reason to even want to win. What are they going to do that is one bit different? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
its obviously a reference to trickle down economics, and that the people under the leader can be influenced by his attitudes

I don't agree, racists are created at home, but a leader encouraging it is like lighting a match

trump said something very interesting about orlando, that is was "just the beginning"

was that a promise or a guarantee ? what exactly are his plans ?

top topics

join