It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Mass Shooting Orlando Night Club. Possible Bomb

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

NVM

edit on 12-6-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

They are not only ones that use it, but yes they are the most well known for it. I get why one would immediately think that.

Also not a confirmed report.
edit on thSun, 12 Jun 2016 05:06:40 -0500America/Chicago620164080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Shooter is dead according to police.

Orlando Police ‏@OrlandoPolice 8m8 minutes ago Orlando, FL Pulse Shooting: The shooter inside the club is dead.

edit on 2016-6-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
RIP poor souls.

Nobody regardless of race, religion or sexuality deserves to die in such a senseless manner.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
If the shooter is dead, now comes the hard part and one that will have to be done with care.

They will have to figure out who this man was, where he lived and do an investigation on what happened. It is in the course of this investigation, that it will be determined what religion he was a part of and they will try to put a motivation as to why he felt the need to do such. It is a waste and a shame.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

This is true. Husband and I went to a dance club all the time that was the "gay friendly" one when we were in college, and neither of us is decidedly gay. In fact, I'm sure most of the board thinks I hate them which is not at all the truth. Thing is that places often get reputations that are not their stated purpose, so even thought a large population of gays might have hung out there doesn't mean it was a purposeful gay bar.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This is true. Husband and I went to a dance club all the time that was the "gay friendly" one when we were in college, and neither of us is decidedly gay. In fact, I'm sure most of the board thinks I hate them which is not at all the truth. Thing is that places often get reputations that are not their stated purpose, so even thought a large population of gays might have hung out there doesn't mean it was a purposeful gay bar.

Gay bars are straight friendly.

As long as folk going into them realise that they are gonna see some courting that they are not perhaps used to seeing, they are welcome. I used to walk into my local one with a girl on either arm. Great friends and great times they were! The girls loved it because they could go have some fun and not worry about getting treated like a piece of meat by the men.

I've seen my fair share of stag and hen nights go through my local. It's always a giggle for us.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Yes, but the type I am talking about was not an explicit gay bar. Basically back in college, we had a lot of bars packed into about two or three blocks (seriously, it had more bars per square foot than Bourbon St.), and each one was simply a bar, but at the same time, each became a hangout for a different "group." Each sports team had their own. The soldiers from the fort had their own. The professors and grad students had one, etc. This particular one was the hangout for the LGBT crowd and everyone knew it. Because of that, the social scene inside sort of took on its own flow.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
From the press conference taking place right now:

The shooter was killed by the police. 42 people were transported to hospitals. They used "distractionary devices" and apparently blasted open a wall and drove an armored vehicle through it to rescue 30 people who had apparently locked themselves in a bathroom. SWAT encountered the shooter and killed him at that time. There are about 20 dead.

There was a "suspicious device" on the shooter. Their saying he was not a local person.

They're calling it a "terror incident."
edit on 2016-6-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Given the mindset of our "betters" and PC, terror incident could mean anything. So it doesn't tell us much besides potentially religiously motivated.

From Orlando police, two possible "devices," one on self and one in car?
edit on 12-6-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: markosity1973

Yes, but the type I am talking about was not an explicit gay bar. Basically back in college, we had a lot of bars packed into about two or three blocks (seriously, it had more bars per square foot than Bourbon St.), and each one was simply a bar, but at the same time, each became a hangout for a different "group." Each sports team had their own. The soldiers from the fort had their own. The professors and grad students had one, etc. This particular one was the hangout for the LGBT crowd and everyone knew it. Because of that, the social scene inside sort of took on its own flow.

They're all explicit, the proper gay bars. Or they are simply 'gay friendly'

Back in the day when being gay was not so safe, it was the only real way LGBT folk could meet up and commune. The bouncers on the door were the ones who were charged with keeping the crowd inside safe.

One of the most impossible things for a gay person looking to meet a mate is walking into a regular bar and looking at everyone, wondering if they are gay or not and whether they will get bashed or not for making advances on the cute person who has taken their eye. That's why gay bars happened and yes they do have their own social flow.

There are also specific fetish bars i.e. leather and bears (hairy men) It's quite an underground culture.
edit on 12-6-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

It crossed my mind as well, only because of the Christian far rights issues with homosexuals, but the suicide vest firmly puts it as an Islamic fanatic. Which I hope this is not the case because many lives will be lost (many more than there already are) I hope as many people can come away alive tonight as possible.

While Christians certainly view homosexual behavior as a sin, if this is a Christian, this would be the first and largest such attack on homosexuals by a Christian in the US. Generally, in the US examples of Christian intolerance has been confined to isolated incidents where couples were refused something or where couples were blocked from churches or things like that. Some occasional attacks, one on one, usually where the people in question knew one another - family members.

But this, if it turns out to be that, takes it to a whole new level.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Good job Mass Media.

They fanned the biased hatred of people long enough (pouring gasoline on the flames like only the Media can) and what do you know-- Somewhere out there, an extreme nut case goes off.

Now we get the result, GIGO (Garbage in Garbage out).

They can't wait for stuff like this to happen. My post a couple days ago about it…

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A while ago it was media fostered racism, now its media fostered bigotry towards another difference between people, their sexual preference. Which some idiots are prepared to murder over.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Again a terrorist attack in perfect EU style indicating once more how the EU is desperate at this point, and wants to have its own manchurian candidate in the White House. In other words, the EU is trying to skew the November's elections with these kind of provocations and show of force. Isn't it curious, the EU was constantly blackmailing the USA during the 90s and the EU is currently blackmailing the USA. These 2 periods are the ones with the most intense terrorist activity in the US.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
Again a terrorist attack in perfect EU style indicating once more how the EU is desperate at this point, and wants to have its own manchurian candidate in the White House. In other words, the EU is trying to skew the November's elections with these kind of provocations and show of force. Isn't it curious, the EU was constantly blackmailing the USA during the 90s and the EU is currently blackmailing the USA. These 2 periods are the ones with the most intense terrorist activity in the US.

It sounds like you, are blaming the European Union for this attack on a Gay bar.

I know this is a conspiracy site but....really?

Apparently you have an agenda that needs discussion. I'm not sure this is the proper thread for it...please start another as I want to hear your theories.

edit on 12-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I case it hasn't been mentioned yet...they've identified the terrorist.

The suspected Islamic extremist who killed about 20 people after taking party-goers hostage inside a gay club in Orlando has been identified.

Law enforcement sources have identified the shooter, who was wielding an assault rifle and a handgun, as US citizen Omar Mateen, from Port St. Lucie in Florida.

The gunman, who was born to Afghan parents, was carrying a suspicious device, possibly a suicide vest, when he opened fire on the dance floor inside Pulse in the early hours of this morning.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Well from unnamed sources, but not saying they are wrong. Just not really confirmed yet.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Named FBI source on the record:

FBI Special Agent in Charge Ron Hopper said there’s no further threat to Orlando or the surrounding area.

When asked if the gunman had a connection to radical Islamic terrorism, Hopper said, “we do have suggestions that individual has leanings towards that.”

newyork.cbslocal.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I said this in the other thread but it bears repeating IMHO
-----------------------------------------------------------
He is a Muslim radical.

They are bent on the genocide of homosexuals and he went into a gay club and began shooting...This is not surprising and only the beginning...

Their ethos is long since bereft of humanity and bent on the subjugation of women and the genocide of infidels, apostates and homosexuals...

They are a virus who love death more than we love life and an enemy whose sensibilities reside in the Stone Age is an almost invincible foe...

Only violence speaks to them and I say we begin a conversation in a language they can understand...

We, the light of the west, will not stand for our citizens to be judged and murdered based upon their sexual orientation or whatever 7th century litmus test these savages use as a gauge.

War is coming whether we like it or not...personally I'd rather the war be in their homeland rather than mine...

-Christosterone

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
If the shooter is dead, now comes the hard part and one that will have to be done with care.

They will have to figure out who this man was, where he lived and do an investigation on what happened. It is in the course of this investigation, that it will be determined what religion he was a part of and they will try to put a motivation as to why he felt the need to do such. It is a waste and a shame.

And keeping in mind that homophobes come in all shapes and sizes, and religions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join