It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 98
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: gps777
Fair enough imo, then why stop nearly all Yazidis, a Kurdish-Christian community that lives throughout Iraq, Syria, Turkey and even Armenia and Georgia, who have applied for asylum in the U.S. yet have been rejected.

I have no issue with them, or anyone else, coming here legally.

I didn`t think you would, just pointing out that Christians are rejected to the US over Islamic refugee`s.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Press conference going on now:

Off-duty engaged the shooter near an entrance around 2 am, during the initial attack. Additional units arrived and they pushed in to the club and engaged the shooter again, forced him to retreat into a bathroom which is where he took hostages. Officers cleared the club itself and rescued several people at that time.

The situation stabilized and SWAT arrived, communication between LE and the attacker took place. Shooter made statements about explosives and explosive vests. Around 5 am negotiators felt the situation was escalating again and the decision was made to assault the building with SWAT, at which point another gun battle ensued, and we know how that turned out.

48 of 49 deceased victims have been positively identified. Around 20 families have been notified.

Will update further.

ETA - ATF says two weapons found on the shooter, one in his vehicle. Two belong to shooter, still working on the third one. The ATF spokeswoman seemed incredibly confused about why she was there.

FBI is working on reconstructing the shooting from start to finish. Says they've received over 100 leads.

Q&A - victim count changed from 50 to 49 because shooter was removed from list of deceased victims. 1 dead shooter, 49 victims, plus wounded.

Q&A stopped so the sheriff and AG can add their two cents.

Q&A part 2 - shooter contacted 911 and made his declaration from inside the bathroom.

Shooter had four or five people in the bathroom with him. There's no indication of another shooter in the club besides law enforcement. There IS an investigation by the FBI into "something" regarding the shooter having help outside the club. Shooter was "cool" on the phone with 911.

Chief says that when SWAT engaged the shooter, their backdrop was a concrete wall as opposed to hostages or open area. Unknown if anybody was struck by "friendly fire."

Reporters are asking stupid questions now.

It's unknown (by the chief) if there was active media surveillance inside the club.

FBI SAC doesn't have an answer as to how the subject was able to purchase firearms without the FBI being notified. Says that FBI HQ is working that angle.

edit on 13-6-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: gps777

Just asking everyone to stay ... on topic.

Not claiming ownership ... nor would I want to.

However Bible references and religion was a catalyst for this very tragedy.

😊

Then get at least one thing right, it wasn`t Bible references that was a cause for this massacre it was Quranic references that was,

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

You are hounding me.

What is your point ...

How does your religion help this that has preceded ?

??

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

One thing I have been trying to understand:

This gunman was obviously outnumbered by over 300 to 1. Even if he had a weapon, wasn't there at least one person with the courage to tackle this guy before he could continue shooting? A few brave people could have stood up to him to save the others.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I don`t know I wasn`t there, but can assume that in the mayhem and carnage people paniced and fight or flight kicks in and if nobody was able to be close enough without being gunned down, flight kicked in more than fight.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Having a gun when nobody else does has a way of tilting the odds back in one's favor.

Yea, maybe somebody could've ninja'd the guns away from him and ended it. Or they could all try to get themselves, and others, out.

Fairly certain the active shooter training is run, hide, fight. Don't really think it's fair to expect people, and especially not to second guess people, for not fighting an armed attacker.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: dismanrc

As a previous poster mentioned ...

Bodily fluids etc ...

Require that service.

HAZMAT and site cleanup are NOT the same thing. Site cleanup would only be called in after investigation was done and the site was released. HAZMAT would be used if a chance of further spread or contamination was suspected and needed to be dealt with immediately. But it is true that the site cleanup would also work under HAZMAT condition when they did work. They would normally come in 24-48 hours latter. (shorter or longer depending on the crime. I would imagine a longer time for this size,)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: dismanrc

It was a gay club.

There is still in many places a big stigma about HIV and hepatitis.

And quite frankly any club that’s likely a risk and so they are likely taking precautions in the clean-up.

Over 100 people have been shot. That means the clubs a sea of blood, piss and #.
Id want a hazmat suit on clean up as there is a good chance in any club one person going to have a STD.
edit on 13-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
a reply to: Konduit

This guy sounds like he was a homophobic who decided to cite ISIS hoping for his virgins as an excuse for his insanity. Think Dylann Roof and his racial terror attacks. Muslim bashing isn't selling here. Just stop.

From a report I read he was in contact the LGBT community through Facebook and or other social media. I wonder if the guy was really a frustrated Homosexual that was rejected by a potential lover? Could it be he was a closeted member of the LGBT community?

Maybe this wasn't about religion at all and it was because he was gay?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JimBielson

It has been speculated a couple of times earlier in the thread.

Can not discount the theory ...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimBielson

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
a reply to: Konduit

This guy sounds like he was a homophobic who decided to cite ISIS hoping for his virgins as an excuse for his insanity. Think Dylann Roof and his racial terror attacks. Muslim bashing isn't selling here. Just stop.

From a report I read he was in contact the LGBT community through Facebook and or other social media. I wonder if the guy was really a frustrated Homosexual that was rejected by a potential lover? Could it be he was a closeted member of the LGBT community?

Maybe this wasn't about religion at all and it was because he was gay?

Guy was pissed off about many things. His Dad, Homosexuals, America, and it was i who posted earlier about him possibly being rejected by his boyfriend.

One things is for sure, He was mentally unstable at the time. You need to be to commit these atrocities. No sane person would do this.
edit on 13-6-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Totally agree.

We need to now focus on a preventive strategy.

This has got to stop.

But with what further loss of liberties ?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Excellent summary. The one story that has out that I find odd is that there is a description of someone blocking a door and not allowing patrons to leave. Saw it once and it is gone and no more mention. This could allude to the additional weapon.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Early reports of 2 shooters were dismissed as Security firing at the gunman ... Outside the club.

I have not heard an explanation of the gunman being tracked to the hospital ...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It's a bit confusing but I think what may be throwing people off is that the initial contact by law enforcement took place near an entrance to the club. If the shooter was at the entrance, that would effectively shut that entrance down.

Just an idea, don't know one way or the other.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Shamrock6

Excellent summary. The one story that has out that I find odd is that there is a description of someone blocking a door and not allowing patrons to leave. Saw it once and it is gone and no more mention. This could allude to the additional weapon.

I heard George Stephanopolis interview that survivor on ABC News yesterday, where the guy described not being able to exit the club through the rear door because someone was holding it shut. The person on the outside of the door told them that they had to stay inside the club.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

www.palmbeachpost.com...

This is the article. I know that he did engage someone upon entry.

new topics

top topics

<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join