It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
a reply to: Annee

Yes it is. And completely unnecessary to hurt someone who lost someone they knew in this tragedy. Turn off your computer and sleep on it. Please.

NO, It's Not!

The President of the United States represents EVERY citizen.

Gun advocates get their panties in a bunch if he even hints at gun control. Too Bad.

He is the President of anti-gun citizens too. Their voices are just as valid as pro-gun citizens.

And he is prez of that Islamic moron too.

What's he gonna do about it besides making more noise about gun control?

Actually, yes he is. Was gonna mention that, but . . . left it clean.

The shooter is a born American.

The president acknowledges both gun advocate and anti-gun advocate. Its part of his job to all citizens. Not just a select group.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

There is a reason why the left always uses gun control as a knee-jerk reaction instead of tackling the real issue behind these crimes. More gun control = more government dependency.

Oh I am aware... and it's terrifying that people even think that it's a feasible solution.... Look at all the other "no gun" countries that are dealing with attacks right now... It's absurd

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

MASS SHOOTING! Lone gunman....

Also, I didn't bring it up. The guy who trashed Obama did.

Exactly!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

Yes it is. And completely unnecessary to hurt someone who lost someone they knew in this tragedy. Turn off your computer and sleep on it. Please.

NO, It's Not!

Gun advocates get their panties in a bunch if he even hints at gun control. Too Bad.

He is the President of anti-gun citizens too. Their voices are just as valid as pro-gun citizens.

The fact that gun laws are even brought up in the time of tragedy is an insult. A gun didn't go off and kill 50 people... a PERSON opened fire.

It's not a gun issue, it's a human issue.

That's nice, but 50 people are dead. By gun assault.

My original post was to someone complaining about Obama saying something about gun control in his speech.

I said he is everyone's president, not just yours.

50 people are dead because of one PERSONS actions. Using an inanimate object as a scapegoat is a fallacy.

I am a gun owner. I do not blame guns.

But, that was not my point.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

if someone with road rage drives into 50 people we make it safer for the people. that's our concern. to do nothing is not an option. this man should not have had the right to hold a gun as he was on a watch list, even if he was in security. he should not have been given one.

two things failed us, the club not checking for guns, and our gun laws allowing people on watch lists access to guns. if these two conditions were met, this would have never happened.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

NO, It's Not!

The fact that gun laws are even brought up in the time of tragedy is an insult. A gun didn't go off and kill 50 people... a PERSON opened fire.

My original post was to someone complaining about Obama saying something about gun control in his speech.

50 people are dead because of one PERSONS actions. Using an inanimate object as a scapegoat is a fallacy.

So then you know that there are laws and procedures in place to register and obtain guns already.... what other laws should there possibly be?
edit on 13-6-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: Why is no one correcting my grammar!?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

NO, It's Not!

So then you know that there are laws and procedures in place to register and obtain guns already.... what other laws should their possibly be?

That is not what I was addressing.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113

if someone with road rage drives into 50 people we make it safer for the people. that's our concern. to do nothing is not an option. this man should not have had the right to hold a gun as he was on a watch list, even if he was in security. he should not have been given one.

two things failed us, the club not checking for guns, and our gun laws allowing people on watch lists access to guns. if these two conditions were met, this would have never happened.

My point is that we don't blame inanimate objects... we blame the people. Maybe the person who sold him the guns should be investigated for fraud as well...There are laws in place for every step. I'm not sure what new laws even should be in place for this.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

NO, It's Not!

So then you know that there are laws and procedures in place to register and obtain guns already.... what other laws should their possibly be?

That is not what I was addressing.

Weren't you talking about gun laws and Obama addressing the "need" for more restrictions gun control?
I promise I am not being facetious, I genuinely am getting everyone confused because I feel like I have been talking about this all day, so please don't take it the wrong way.
edit on 13-6-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: Half asleep and can't grammar.....Im an idiot

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Saw Obama again get up in front of the American people, talking about "loving one another" and wtf!! This dude is SO SOFT! Damn, I've never seen a weaker president.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

My point is that we don't blame inanimate objects... we blame the people. Maybe the person who sold him the guns should be investigated for fraud as well...There are laws in place for every step. I'm not sure what new laws even should be in place for this.

blame who ever you want, do you think that people on terrorist watch lists should have access to guns?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Ahh yes, how indeed.

Banning gays from military service, banning gays from getting married, passing laws targeted specifically against gays.

But they alienate themselves? Wrong.

Gay people ran to the blue side of the isle for a reason. And that reason is that conservatives have historically treated gay people as a problem needing a solution rather than individuals whose rights should be protected.

edit on 13 6 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

The FBI couldn't connect the dots? Couldn't connect the dots? Hmm... we'll never end this, because the writing has to be on the f*#&ing wall and the ceiling and the back of their hands, and on their eyeballs to make a connection when someone says I want to kill, in the name of Allah blah blah blah...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brainiac
Saw Obama again get up in front of the American people, talking about "loving one another" and wtf!! This dude is SO SOFT! Damn, I've never seen a weaker president.

The only solution to this issue is enlightenment.

To understand the Oneness of us all. To see us all as family. To love one another.

War, killing, bombing, fighting... is not the solution.

Perhaps your lack of enlightenment is the reason for your current perspective of the President. What one sees as wisdom, another may see as weakness.
edit on 13-6-2016 by More1ThanAny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

Don't even know how that happened. I mean, you walk into a gun store, want to buy a big rifle, and lots of ammo, the fat guy behind the counter runs a background check on you and it comes back clean, yet you've had 3 FBI detentions and interviews? Yeah he wasn't charged with anything to get his name put somewhere, but if he was under suspicion he should not have been able to get a weapon as deadly as this without some deep questions.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: More1ThanAny1

Have you heard the historic saying, if you want peace, be ready for war.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
edit on 6/13/2016 by Brainiac because: (no reason given)

link   

blame who ever you want, do you think that people on terrorist watch lists should have access to guns?

I am well aware of this which is why I previously stated that the person who sold him the guns should be under investigation.

link   
Conspiracy theorist here. I think it's fairly obvious at this point that America was due for another terror attack and, like clockwork, got one. I'm going to start looking at how far apart the 'terror' attacks in the US are, specifically the ones that dominate the 24-hr news cycle i.e. provide a distraction for a population that is not amused by the establishment's pathetic attempts at making us think this election matters whatsoever. I guarantee there's a pattern.

Election fervor was winding down significantly.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Brainiac

i know it should have been prevented. unfortunately congress sees the this limitation on americans as a second amend violation, a law that obama tried to get passed. now that this happens you have people blaming obama and not the people who dont want safer gun laws, because you mention gun laws and they freak out.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

ill repeat myself, congress blocked the law that would give restriction to people on the watch list.

2 minutes in pay attention
edit on 13-6-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join