It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Update:

One Patron that I know of and one employee that a friend knew had passed away.

My condolences to all who lost their lives last night.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: neo96

Fine.

IT's time for RELIGION control.

Everyone has to pass a background check before they get to practice their RIGHT.

That's UnAmerican.

PERIOD.

How so ?

Every American that wants to practice their second has to pass one. It's completely American.

Guess i should have put 'sarcasm' and the end.

edit on 12-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113

just wondering if you have statistics for this claim.

Degrading Scientific Standards to Get the Defensive Gun Use Estimate Down

By Gary Kleck

In this article, Florida State University Professor Gary Kleck responds to critics of the National Self-Defense Survey, which found that there are approximately 2.5 million defensive gun uses per year in the United States.

1. Introduction

It has now been confirmed by at least 16 surveys, including the 1993 National Self-Defense Survey (NSDS) of Kleck and Gertz (1995), 12 other national surveys, and 3 state-wide surveys, that defensive use of firearms by crime victims is common in the United States, probably substantially more common than criminal uses of guns by offenders. The estimates of the annual number of defensive uses of guns in the United States range from 760,000 to 3.6 million, with the best estimate, derived from the NSDS, being 2.5 million, compared to about a half a million incidents in which offenders used guns to commit a crime (Kleck 1997, pp. 149-160, 187-189; see also the more recent Centers for Disease Control and Prevention study of Ikeda, Dahlberg, Sacks, Mercy, and Powell 1997, which estimated 1.0 million defensive gun uses linked with burglaries in which the intruder was seen, compared to 0.9 million such incidents derived from the Kleck-Gertz survey, 1995, pp. 184-185, estimates within sampling error of each other).

www.saf.org...

Who is Florida State University Professor Gary Kleck?
criminology.fsu.edu...
edit on 12-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct link.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Yes, well given the creepy tenor of parts of this thread, if you changed the license to little golden patches we all had to wear on our arms ... some people might take you seriously and approve.

link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I will have to disagree. Have you ever tried to shoot someone while getting shot at? It is not easy. Usually both yourself and your target are hiding behind cover. Not only does the cover make it really hard to hit your target, but also trying to remain behind cover makes it harder to aim without putting yourself in danger. I wont even mention the adrenaline and fear pulsing through your body making things difficult. In other words, you may miss 100 times before you hit something.

Having a 100 round magazine is like insurance. It's like grabbing more than one square of toilet paper to wipe your ass... so you don't miss any sh!t, or get any sh!t on you.

link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I am so very sorry. So sorry.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Been reading your posts since this morning, I was hoping for the best. Sorry for your loss man. There is a serious problem that needs to be addressed.

edit on 12-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Thanks to all who have supported me and thanks to all who have PM'd me with their condolences.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, well given the creepy tenor of parts of this thread, if you changed the license to little golden patches we all had to wear on our arms ... some people might take you seriously and approve.

That's the kicker though isn't it.

They clearly see it as being 'wrong', but have no problems doing it to someone they dislike.

And they have been doing it for over 80 years.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

My condolences for your loss. It really was a tragedy, and my apologies for dragging the gun control issue here.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

No need to apologize. I watched Obama's public address on the issue and had to turn it off when he turned it into a gun control politicization tactic.

I took some medication and slept for 6 hours and I woke up hoping it would all have been a dream but, alas. This is as real as it gets.

Now it's being called the worst mass shooting in US history.

My parent's called. Mom wanted to tell me not to go to any gay clubs anytime soon (which I don't anyway). Dad just wanted to make sure I was fine.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

No need to apologize. I watched Obama's public address on the issue and had to turn it off when he turned it into a gun control politicization tactic.

Why?

Because he's president of everyone including the anti-gun citizens. Or are you the only one that matters?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Soloprotocol

maybe I am wrong but didn't this happen around 2 am this morning? the date would be 6/12/2016...

I really hate these number games, but.......

6/12/2016

6, then 6 + 6......three sixes.....

and, 6x6x6=216. Drop the 0, and......

Evil day, evil act?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That comment is awful. Shame on you.

Take a break. Please.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

You probably should just stop commenting about guns then, your ignorance is blatant and you are doing yourself and this thread a major disservice.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
People are sure helping each other out in the RT video. The guy with the huge American flag t-shirt stands out...in an odd ATS sort of way. He's in a few bits of footage.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Please... Don't...
edit on 6/12/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
America is too soft. YouTube is labeling this Orlando shooting video "too graphic" to show.
www.liveleak.com...

The public needs to see the damage that these shooters do. Not just flowers, people crying and death counts.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves

That comment is awful. Shame on you.

Take a break. Please.

NO - - its Not!

new topics

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join