It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 88
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Then Charleston was too.

ter·ror·ist
ˈterərəst/
noun
noun: terrorist; plural noun: terrorists

a person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims.
synonyms: extremist, fanatic; revolutionary, radical, insurgent, guerrilla, anarchist, freedom fighter;
bomber, gunman, assassin, hijacker, arsonist, incendiary
"the detainees are suspected terrorists"

You don't have to belong to an organization to be a "terrorist".

An act of "terror" is carried out by a terrorist, and therefore Charleston is also a terrorist attack. I don't know why people refuse to believe white Christians are incapable of acts of terror.

There are many forms of terror, and many ways and types of people who carry it out.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
As I said, and I keep seeing it:

Muslim goes on shooting spree = all Muslims are terrorists

White guy goes on shooting spree = lone wolf with mental issues.

It fits the rhetoric, sadly it seems.

When one person of a minority group in the USA does something horrible, it is representative of his/her entire race, gender, creed or class.

When a Caucasian person commits horrific crimes of hate, it is isolated mental illness that is blamed. It's never racism, sexism, xenophobia or a hate crime.

I can't emphasize this ENOUGH.

Come on really, first off who exactly is saying all Muslims are terrorists? I think it's mainly just you in your desire to see persecution that largely does not exist.

Will people be more wary of Muslims because of this incident, yes because Muslims keep killing dozens of people for no apparent reason. It is called common sense to view them as a greater potential threat, because statistically they are.

Second, Isis has claimed responsibility. This was a terrorist attack.

Third who is the last white male mass shooter motivated by a religious group, or cult. All of them that I can remember were mentally ill, acting alone, and motivated by revenge.

Stereotypes exist for a reason, they are usually based in some reality.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
I do not know if this will work or not but here's a screen shot of the FB post stating there was more than one shooter...Also, idk if this is true or not.

Link to Photo

That link doesn't seem to be working

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: imod02
There is no extreme islam, there is no moderate islam, there is only islam.

And the knee jerk reaction starts.

There have been a number of "christian" shootings too in the USA.

Please list them, with full backup for the claim that they were done because of Christian ideology.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

More people are saved from firearms than people are killed with firearms...

for some reason, I doubt that. maybe more people are saved from firearms in the country than are killed with firearms in chicago or something... but overall, na, I don't buy that. I read alot more stories of people getting shot, or kids accidentally killing each other than I read about people using them to defend themselves or families.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

They are not... What about all those people, including children who have saved family members or themselves with firearms?... More people are saved from firearms than people are killed with firearms...

For the Love of God!

Here is what I said:

These are not the guns law abiding citizens carry in their cars, or keep on their bed side table to deter intruders and such. These guns aren't to kill a mugger on a city block, they are to kill everyone on the block.

I'm referring to the magazines that hold 100 rounds. I'm done trying to explain this.

If you guys keep those things on your bedside tables, then perhaps you are expecting not just an intruder, but the whole of ISIS. God.

eta: I don't know the names of guns. It's not necessary for me to know. But to me, anything that rapidly fires 100 rounds is a "machine gun." I don't think people need machine guns in their glove box or on their bedside tables, and most people don't have that. The people who want those things are trouble. That's all I'm saying. Pfft.

edit on 6/12/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Again, motivation is the key.

Did he kill them because he was Christian and doing it in God's name for his faith, or did he happen to be a white Christian who was killing people because he was a racist? Then with any racist who carries out violent attacks, you also have to ask what manner of Christian: regular denomination or Christian Identity which is to white supremacists what Louis Farrakhan and Nation of Islam is to black racism.

So, did this guy kill people because he was swept up in religious ideology or did he just hate gays? Or was it both?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
People seem hell bent on blaming anything EXCEPT the radical extremism that caused this.

Same thing happened with the San Bernardino shooting, and people were even at first claiming the shooter/s were white. So it is confirmed that it was a Muslim terrorist attack? 87 pages already on this haven't been able to read it all.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

for some reason, I doubt that. maybe more people are saved from firearms in the country than are killed with firearms in chicago or something... but overall, na, I don't buy that. I read alot more stories of people getting shot, or kids accidentally killing each other than I read about people using them to defend themselves or families.

I don't have the stats, but the sad fact is that most gun deaths in the USA are suicides.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Well when you have a press that colludes with a gun control agenda ... which type of story do you think would be put out as news?

And don't make the mistake of thinking that only one type of story exists because that's a lie. They both do, but when you work in journalism you know that there are many more stories than there is room in the paper, so they pick and choose what they deem relevant.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

... and that's another bone I have to pick with the "gun violence" stats.

When we want to have a doctor do it, it's a beautiful, wonderful thing. Very brave, and my body, my choice and all that, but if you use a gun to accomplish the same thing, it's horribly, awful death by gun violence and we ought to do everything we can prevent you from it ...

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

He walked into a club full of people he didn't know, and just started shooting.
I'm sorry, but the first thing we should all agree on was that the guy was insane!
no sane person could shoot that many people without having something metally wrong with them.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Konduit

Um...I'd count racist or homophobic beliefs up there with religious beliefs. Both are beliefs that encourage and embrace violence against others.

And in any case, violent homophobia isn't some kind of requirement to be Muslim.

Actually, according to the Quran it is.

And in this case, religious beliefs were a factor.

The punishment for homosexuality - islamqa.info

10 countries where homosexuality may be punished by death

edit on 12-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

So a homophobe uses radical religious ideology to justify killing gays. I think it speaks for itself.

ISIS claims responsibility for Orlando mass shooting

link   

his hatred was a product of his religious interpretation of islam. you really have to jump through hoops to make islam non violent but like christianity it can be done and the majority of muslims do.

in the end this is his fault more than anything else, he chose to act violently, unlike the majority of muslims living in the west, or even in the rest of the world for that matter. violent extremists are a minority in most of the world.
edit on 12-6-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

link   

I know locally, there is far more people shot than there are saved with guns. heck I read of people being shot around here just about on a daily basis...
don't hear about people, outside of law enforcement, using them in self defense that much though.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

... and that's another bone I have to pick with the "gun violence" stats.

When we want to have a doctor do it, it's a beautiful, wonderful thing. Very brave, and my body, my choice and all that, but if you use a gun to accomplish the same thing, it's horribly, awful death by gun violence and we ought to do everything we can prevent you from it ...

Oh God. You're not really going there, are you?

Sigh. What next? This thread is all over the place. Where the Hell is DTOM when you need her?

link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Yes, bu the post I was replying to was implying that people go around carrying out mass shootings in the name of Christianity all the time. It was attempting to draw a moral equivalence.

Are white Christians capable of carrying out mass shootings? As much as anyone is capable of doing it, sure, but how often are they doing it in the specific name of their religion?

Even Breivik who killed all those people and called himself a Christian admitted he was not a religious Christian but only Christian inasmuch as Christianity has shaped Western civilization. So he was more of carrying out his attack in the name of Western Civilization which he considered to have been shaped by Judeo-Christian principles.

link   
a reply to: neo96

Fine.

IT's time for RELIGION control.

Everyone has to pass a background check before they get to practice their RIGHT.

That's UnAmerican.

PERIOD.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Just like Dylann Roof was an extremist. This guy was likely mentally ill. His ex wife thinks he was bi polar. Doesn't appear it was ever documented or treated. He was likely homophobic like Roof was racist. No evidence that he was ISIS directed. He may have become a wanna be to justify his hatred and violence. They come in all shapes and sizes. Intolerance and hatred kills. No matter the insane reason.

edit on 12-6-2016 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join