It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:
Gin

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Indeed. These feeble-minded people are even ganging against on Bernie after what he said about this event and it's connection to ISIS, Sanders Twitter. Didn't expect him to have gut to say it at least we know what his stance is now. He would make a nice VP with Trump.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

Thank you.

I'm just really disturbed over these guns. These are not the guns law abiding citizens carry in their cars, or keep on their bed side table to deter intruders and such. These guns aren't to kill a mugger on a city block, they are to kill everyone on the block.

I really hate them, and as I said, I see no place for them in our society except for LE.

edit on 6/12/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I'm just really disturbed over these guns. These are not the guns law abiding citizens carry in their cars, or keep on their bed side table to deter intruders and such. These guns aren't to kill a mugger on a city block, they are to kill everyone on the block.

What's disturbing is listening to people ignore the Bill of Rights, and the 14th amendments.

LAW ABIDING citizens don't go around shooting people to begin with.

Not us anyone has to worry about.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

- I was just hearing that the shooter blocked the club door, and that might be one reason for the high numbers of victims.

How naïve. the high number of victims was because the shooter had a gun that used MAGAZINES.

I don't know much about guns -- admittedly - and I don't need to or want to. But I do know American society has no reason to permit such guns except for LE, and maybe some other circumstances I'm unaware of.

These guns are designed for mass killings, and any idiot can buy one. If he had had to reload every six bullets or so, someone could have taken him down.

First off, you're quite mistaken. AR-15, a legal one, is not "designed for mass killings."

That's just totally ignorant.

Can they be modified/manipulated to become a fully automatic gun? Absolutely. But that isn't the gun manufacturer's fault and not a recommended modification. If, in fact, it was modified.

Most guns use MAGAZINES.

The terrorist probably had a drum that held 50-100 rounds. Combine that, with a possibly fully auto rifle, and tragedy ensues.

However, I have a very strong h feeling he was not alone. There was a post on Facebook by a person who's close friend was shot 12 times, but survived.

Anyhow, he is claiming there were two other shooters who got away, but "they" do not want the info out there bc they do not want the public to be terrified. The post appears legit, btw.

I'll try to upload a screen grab of it.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Something that get me about how legally he was to purchase guns even after been interviewed by the FBI for terrorist related comments while he was working for the security firm.

It makes no sense.

I guess profiling in the US after soo many outrages has taken its told on Americas national security.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I saw the interview. She hadn't had contact with him or his family in over 7 years. He was violent with her. They were together 4 months. She considered him bi polar. Clearly it was never documented or treated, that we know yet. Sad.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Gin

Much like Trump, Sanders actually speaks his mind and believes in the things he talks about, which is what separates these 2 candidates from the rest of the field.

Revolving door establishment politicians like Obama and Clinton will just say whatever their PR staff deems to be appropriate.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConspiracyOutpost
new information for you all. not meaning to spam just get the word out! i will make a single post!

Alert! - Worldwide 24 Hour Attack By ISIS/ISIL - Predicted months ago!

Source as well : www.conspiracyoutpost.com...

and all the news is now coming out with info that suggests this is 100% accurate. get ready people!

if anyone has any questions i can do my best to answer.

link   
a reply to: neo96

just because they haven't doesnt mean they cant. allowing anyone to have access to as many guns and ammo as they want, is a bad idea because some may be criminals or in this case terrorists. wouldn't you agree? or maybe anyone should always have the freedom to potentially kill as many people as they can?
edit on 12-6-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

link   

Thank you.

I really hate them, and as I said, I see no place for them in our society except for LE.

Speak for yourself...Why have a weapon if you cannot get to it when and if you need it?

My husband keeps his RIGHT next to our bed, ready to go.

We do not have any little kids, by the way.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

People doesn't understand sometimes that is not about the medium used when it comes to terrorism, but the purpose and reason for the act, he used guns because he was able to get them thanks to his job and permit.

If guns were banned he would have opted for any other way of mass destruction, bombs comes to mind.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: vjr1113

Considering how many individuals are shot daily, and in the occasional mass shootings, the stance by our Presidential Administration and Congress is absolutely insane. Until scientists learn how to erase our violent side, guns should only be shipped to law enforcement and the military.

That's as crazy as letting radical Muslims in the country!

Neither will happen.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Thank you.

I grew up around firearms. My step dad kept them locked away but taught me to shoot when I was about 7 with bb guns, worked my way up to pellet guns and eventually to a shot gun. I think that having a better understanding of gun safety at a young age, I have a higher respect for weapons.

I understand the distaste but we have to remember that criminals don't obey laws. A gun is an inanimate object that cannot be set off without manual input. A person has to operate it for it to go off. The person behind is to be blamed, not the weapon. We don't blame explosives when there is a bomb threat, why would we do the same for guns?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

You know what they say... when 5 seconds count, the police are 5 minutes away.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
As I said, and I keep seeing it:

Muslim goes on shooting spree = all Muslims are terrorists

White guy goes on shooting spree = lone wolf with mental issues.

It fits the rhetoric, sadly it seems.

When one person of a minority group in the USA does something horrible, it is representative of his/her entire race, gender, creed or class.

When a Caucasian person commits horrific crimes of hate, it is isolated mental illness that is blamed. It's never racism, sexism, xenophobia or a hate crime.

I can't emphasize this ENOUGH.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Omar Mateen called 911 just before the shooting and pledged allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, NBC News reports.

He also mentioned the Tsarnaev brothers, who carried out the Boston Marathon bombing, during the call, CBS News reports

ISIS issued a statement calling Mateen an “Islamic state fighter.” Read the full statement here.

Mass shooting my rear end

TERRORISM of the radical Islamist kind.

link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

Thank you.

Speak for yourself...Why have a weapon if you cannot get to it when and if you need it?

My husband keeps his RIGHT next to our bed, ready to go.

We do not have any little kids, by the way.

And if you did, I am sure you would be responsible enough to have one of those finger print safes that you can keep on your bedside. Those things are pretty neat.

link   
I was going to get nasty but today my heart broke.
Needless to say, Paris, San Bernadeno, Belguim, Sydney, now Orlando, the largest attacks this side of the International Date Line, purpotraited by... oh wait... it is global... and by which group/affiliation? Tip of the ice burg, imho. Stay safe ALL. #pissedoffatthis#

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I understand the feelings you have. This case just doesn't make your point. It's not a case in point for the point. Yes, it's horrible. Devastatingly so. Can we protect you from people that haven't been found guilty? Maybe if we learn to treat hate and mental illness better.
edit on 12-6-2016 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

That is exactly what people are proposing every time they bring up "why can't we be like Australia?"

Compulsory buyback program? No thanks.

Side note: any firearm is capable of killing 50 people; one simply has to reload. Short of a belt-fed weapon or drum magazines, the overwhelming majority of firearms already require reloading to make them go bang more than a couple dozen times in a row.

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join