It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I agree, I guess in America your are not a murdered or killer or a terrorist until you kill 50 people.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
A lot of new recruits are coming here from Cuba, more than in decades.

I wonder if we're seeing some new drug gang action. Speculation.

c'mon dude, I was born in Cuba. Most Cubans or Cuban/Americans are not gangsters like "Al Pacino in Scarface"...

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

- I was just hearing that the shooter blocked the club door, and that might be one reason for the high numbers of victims.

How naïve. the high number of victims was because the shooter had a gun that used MAGAZINES.

I don't know much about guns -- admittedly - and I don't need to or want to. But I do know American society has no reason to permit such guns except for LE, and maybe some other circumstances I'm unaware of.

These guns are designed for mass killings, and any idiot can buy one. If he had had to reload every six bullets or so, someone could have taken him down.

It appears that you are gravely mistaken on the way purchasing a firearm actually works...

Congress.gov

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Agreed.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It seems to me that on every so far terrorist that had committed crimes in the US the FBI "kind of" knew about it before hand that a problem was brewing.

I think is too many coincidences to dismiss, perhaps you are right is not the agency but the government itself hindering the powers of the agencies.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: yuppa
OH i know some here on ATS will be dancing in the streets over the death of Gay people and transgenders.

Why in the world do you think that?... Have there been any threads or posts were people have been joyous about the deaths of people in the LGBT community?...

No.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: vjr1113

Well then 9-11 was a mass box cutter attack.

Boston Bombing was a mass pressure cooker attack.

People need to watch out for those mass vest attacks over in the ME.

They also need to watch out for them mass truck attacks blowing up buildings and markets.

Then they need to watch out for mass boat attacks.

Then they need to watch out for mass airplane attacks.

'mass shooting' is about ridiculous as it gets. A term created by the same people that came up with 'gun violence'.

TERRORIST attack.

you're doing it again. you're separating terrorism and the way the terror was carried out with. 9/11 was a box cutter attack and a terrorist attack. this was a mass shooting and a terrorist attack. terrorist describes the motivation, mass shooting describes the way it was carried out. the two are not mutually exclusive for the 3rd time now.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
new information for you all. not meaning to spam just get the word out! i will make a single post!

Alert! - Worldwide 24 Hour Attack By ISIS/ISIL - Predicted months ago!

Source as well : www.conspiracyoutpost.com...

and all the news is now coming out with info that suggests this is 100% accurate. get ready people!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

- I was just hearing that the shooter blocked the club door, and that might be one reason for the high numbers of victims.

How naïve. the high number of victims was because the shooter had a gun that used MAGAZINES.

I don't know much about guns -- admittedly - and I don't need to or want to. But I do know American society has no reason to permit such guns except for LE, and maybe some other circumstances I'm unaware of.

These guns are designed for mass killings, and any idiot can buy one. If he had had to reload every six bullets or so, someone could have taken him down.

It appears that you are gravely mistaken on the way purchasing a firearm actually works...

Congress.gov

Okay, that's a lengthy document. Can you direct me to the part I should read, or lift it and post it here? thanks.

link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Oh I see.. so we're not talking about some kind of intrinsic exceptional nature here.

Other countries are far better managed than the US is without ever calling themselves exceptional. These freedoms really aren't all that special as far as I know but they're shrinking by the day, besides most Western countries have similar or even greater freedoms.

Meh..

link   

Wait what? I am sorry ladyinwaiting but you are going way off tangent. Are you also calling for the ban of knives, or the ban of alcohol?...

Any crazy person can use varied means to murder people if you are going to be banning everything that can be used to murder people it's going to be a long list. But if you are going just after one weapon, then there is an agenda you are trying to impose. This is a tragedy but it doesn't give you, or the government the right to restrict or ban firearms...

BTW. did anyone from this thread noticed the information other members were gathering that links to this possibly being a staged attack?...

Let me find the link.
Here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

He was a guard for a courthouse with no felony convictions or documented history of mental illness. Based on what you propose, he still would have been armed in his security role. I understand the desire to be safe but he would have been the one armed...still. Life comes with risks. Sometimes sadly so.

link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

Congress.gov

Okay, that's a lengthy document. Can you direct me to the part I should read, or lift it and post it here? thanks.

Control F and then the word you need, in this case.. Purchase

SEC. 6. NOTIFICATION TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES OF PROHIBITED PURCHASE OR ATTEMPTED PURCHASE OF A FIREARM. (a) In General.—Title I of the NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007 (18 U.S.C. 922 note) is amended by adding at the end the following: “SEC. 107. NOTIFICATION TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES OF PROHIBITED PURCHASE OR ATTEMPTED PURCHASE OF A GRANDFATHERED SEMIAUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPON. “(a) In General.—In the case of a background check conducted by the National Instant Criminal Background Check System pursuant to the request of a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer of firearms (as such terms are defined in section 921 of title 18, United States Code), which background check determines that the receipt of a grandfathered semiautomatic assault weapon (as defined in section 921(a)(49) of title 18, United States Code) by a person would violate subsection (g) or (n) of section 922 of title 18, United States Code, the System shall notify the law enforcement agencies described in subsection (b), including in a case where such a determination is made after 14 business days have elapsed since the licensee contacted the System. “(b) Law Enforcement Agencies Described.—The law enforcement agencies described in this subsection are the law enforcement agencies that have jurisdiction over the location from which the licensee contacted the System and the law enforcement agencies that have jurisdiction over the location of the residence of the person for which the background check was conducted, as follows: “(1) The field office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. “(2) The local law enforcement agency. “(3) The State law enforcement agency.”. (b) Clerical Amendment.—The table of contents of the NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007 (18 U.S.C. 922 note) is amended by inserting after the item relating to section 106 the following:

link   
a reply to: Konduit
gun control does not mean, take away law abiding citizens their guns. no one is proposing that. what obama and most of the left way is that gun laws should be stricter so that people on watch lists cant buy their guns, or for that matter anyone cant buy guns that can kill 50 people.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
People seem hell bent on blaming anything EXCEPT the radical extremism that caused this.

Yeah, because there is no solution for terrorism, so they rationalize to themselves taking guns away will work, even though terrorists favorite weapons are bombs which can't be stopped.

It is a typical emotional based response, because they want something done even if it won't work. It is the liberal mindset in general, the world is simple, their is no evil in the world, and just wanting something to be true is good enough.

link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

How is this called "winning"? "Winning" what?

link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves

He was a guard for a courthouse with no felony convictions or documented history of mental illness. Based on what you propose, he still would have been armed in his security role. I understand the desire to be safe but he would have been the one armed...still. Life comes with risks. Sometimes sadly so.

Here is the latest on that front

Shooter's ex wife claims he was mentally ill

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113
a reply to: Konduit
gun control does not mean, take away law abiding citizens their guns. no one is proposing that. what obama and most of the left way is that gun laws should be stricter so that people on watch lists cant buy their guns, or for that matter anyone cant buy guns that can kill 50 people.

I guess my guns are defective then.

Cause they haven't killed anyone.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Meh, you know what I don't care how he got one of those BIG FREAKIN KILLER GUNS. He got one, and he shouldn't have.
Those things should not be available PERIOD. Those things are for war, and mass murders, and this very incident we see now is the CASE IN POINT.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Those things should not be available PERIOD. Those things are for war, and mass murders, and this very incident we see now is the CASE IN POINT.

No they are not.

No military in the world would carry an AR.

Then there is entirely different design tolerances.

And one more time.

The Orlando shooter purchased his firearms legally, passing the background check.

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join