It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That ain't happening. Blind faith in the state on full display.

Do you people not learn from history?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Curious, because the FBI spokesman said the interviews were inconclusive.

Not that he was cleared.

link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: Liquesence

You really think the US is exceptional? Ha... that's pretty tired.

It's almost a religious sentiment isn't it? American exceptionalism.. yeah, did your politicians tell you that?

Pfft...

No, my Constitution told me that.

Insofar as that—and the rights therein—yes, we are exceptional.
edit on 12-6-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: JimBielson

originally posted by: vjr1113

originally posted by: JimBielson

originally posted by: vjr1113
a reply to: JimBielson

ill repeat myself, congress and the nra does not want stricter gun laws. they block obama. obama wants stricter gun laws on people on watch lists but he can't do it because conservatives wont let him. what exactly do you want him to do? convict people that havent done anything yet? put anyone in prison that looks shady?

No, I expect him to do his job with the tools he has. You further my suspicion by saying Obama's hands are tied. As many tools that he / they have, that we know about and many we dont this guy was free to slaughter. Just because someone says no, you cant have that does not mean you throw a tantrum and just let a massacre take place.

That is exactly what Obama did. He knew the target and he was warned about the terrorist that did the deed. That is all we need to know.

when you label him a terrorist before he does anything wrong is where you are mistaken. there's lots of people on the government watchlist, you're saying they should all be in prison for thought crime. thats the essence of fascism and it goes against american law and what we stand for. innocent until proven guilty. i dont expect for the president to imprison someone that hasnt broken any law. the fact that violence happens doesnt mean he fails as a president, that means the the terrorist fails at being a human. the blame is on the terrorist.

Is that really what you got out of my post? Here, let me slow it down for you. He was on a terrorist watch list. He was under investigation. I said nothing about the thought police. You people are amazing...

He should have been flagged for any weapons purchases and shadowed after that. This was no snowflake as you describe him to be. He wasn't as innocent as the wind driven snow. There is a reason the feds were on him and now there is a reason they let him go off like a bomb. They should have been on him as soon as he loaded those weapons into his car. That is their job, not ours!

And yes, Obama failed as president in this case. He lost a battle. He failed, he is indeed a failure today. Let's hope he does better tomorrow AND without blaming inanimate objects.

he's on a watch list, has he done anything that illegal that prompts arrest? no. he could have bought guns before being in a watch list. you're talking like a fascist that thinks anyone that is under surveillance is subject to spontaneous arrest. example al capone, we knew he was a gangster, but just because he's being watched does not give the government justification to arrest someone who hasnt broken the law.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Ok, goodnight all. I have to go to work in the morning to support through taxes our anti-terrorism efforts and all the tools that were wasted in preventing this nightmare.

Before retiring, I will bend a knee for those that were lost and for those left behind that are suffering and need comfort.

God Bless & stay safe.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Noticed about this news from another thread. Is this still happening? Hope as many people as possible get out.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: vjr1113

Considering how many individuals are shot daily, and in the occasional mass shootings, the stance by our Presidential Administration and Congress is absolutely insane. Until scientists learn how to erase our violent side, guns should only be shipped to law enforcement and the military.

BS....As long as there are violent people, I want the god-given right to arm myself, protect myself and my family. As they say, "When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away". Your reasoning is what is absolutely insane.

If someone in your family is murdered by a gun, you'll see the simplicity and logic in allowing only the military and law enforcement to receive gun shipments. After a couple of years, the gun-murder rate will start to decline, and continue to drop from there.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I wonder when we citizens will be able to sue our government and specially agencies like the FBI when they fail to stop terrorist from committing crimes, after all the FBI interview the man three times for terrorist related issues and still he was free to go around and do what he did.

The FBI failed the American people.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

any other terrorist attack that involves a mass shooter counts as a mass shooting. the two are not mutually exclusive, i dont understand why this is so hard for you to understand. i dont care what anyone else calls it, if a tarrorist or nonterrorist shoots a mass of people it is by definition a mass shooting.

link   
a reply to: marg6043

Or maybe the laws failed, since the FBI was acting on behalf of the law.

link   

originally posted by: yuppa
OH i know some here on ATS will be dancing in the streets over the death of Gay people and transgenders.

Why in the world do you think that?... Have there been any threads or posts were people have been joyous about the deaths of people in the LGBT community?...

link   
Who here knew the WBC would weigh in on this....

There is no end to their lunacy....

WBC Says God Sent The Shooter

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

The FBI failed the American people.

I am not so sure they did marg.

We have seen politics infest a myriad of government agencies, IRS,DOJ,DHS,EPA etc.

We have seen quite a few bend to the political will of the executive and verboten from doing their jobs.

link   
a reply to: carewemust

link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

- I was just hearing that the shooter blocked the club door, and that might be one reason for the high numbers of victims.

How naïve. the high number of victims was because the shooter had a gun that used MAGAZINES.

I don't know much about guns -- admittedly - and I don't need to or want to. But I do know American society has no reason to permit such guns except for LE, and maybe some other circumstances I'm unaware of.

These guns are designed for mass killings, and any idiot can buy one. If he had had to reload every six bullets or so, someone could have taken him down.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Considering how many individuals are shot daily, and in the occasional mass shootings, the stance by our Presidential Administration and Congress is absolutely insane. Until scientists learn how to erase our violent side, guns should only be shipped to law enforcement and the military.

BS....As long as there are violent people, I want the god-given right to arm myself, protect myself and my family. As they say, "When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away". Your reasoning is what is absolutely insane.

If someone in your family is murdered by a gun, you'll see the simplicity and logic in allowing only the military and law enforcement to receive gun shipments. After a couple of years, the gun-murder rate will start to decline, and continue to drop from there.

And when someone in your family is saved when a drug-crazed rapist and would-be murderer breaks into your home and heads up the stairs toward your teen's bedroom and gets shot by her daddy, you'll see the simplicity and logic in all law-abiding citizens standing firm on their 2A.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

should it be illegal to put people in prison for thought crime? because its not illegal now. to make ideas illegal is an incredible slippery slope and is the essence of fascism. so if you're going to blame anyone blame american law.
edit on 12-6-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Well then 9-11 was a mass box cutter attack.

Boston Bombing was a mass pressure cooker attack.

People need to watch out for those mass vest attacks over in the ME.

They also need to watch out for them mass truck attacks blowing up buildings and markets.

Then they need to watch out for mass boat attacks.

Then they need to watch out for mass airplane attacks.

'mass shooting' is about ridiculous as it gets. A term created by the same people that came up with 'gun violence'.

TERRORIST attack.

link   
a reply to: Konduit

yea because everyone should carry enough ammo on them at all times to outgun anyone at all times. most people don't want to live like this.

link   
People seem hell bent on blaming anything EXCEPT the radical extremism that caused this.

edit on 12-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join