It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Shamrock6

so someone calling 911 and declaring allegiance to ISIS has nothing to do with a connection to ISIS?

am i reading that right?

If you're having a mental break and you're gonna go, go big, am I right?

Odd how with both this and San Bern they all of a sudden declared allegiance to the convenient enemy of the day.

Yeah, I'm quoting myself because this keeps bothering me a lot.

He called 911 to pledge allegiance to. Just like San Bern. Smells like the passports to me. Next the FBI will be fighting Apple to hack his iPhone. Waiting for them to release the 911 tape. Because we all know that's going to be real.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
There are several reasons why, national security aside, it might be a good idea to set such a temporary limit or ban: need to get Americans back to work...

Legal immigration creates demand which would generate new jobs.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I would think it is time for this contractor to be investigated deeply. That's if the government can find a department that can do it right. DHS probably isn't one.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JimBielson

here it comes. Now the NRA is to blame. The guns are to blame. Everyone and everything is to blame except the perpetrator.

You say people are blaming everyone except the killer..

Obama could have prevented this but no, he is bringing more Muslim Solders over here to strike again

And then you blame Obama.

SMH..

smh. indeed

STOP politicizing it!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

There are several reasons why, national security aside, it might be a good idea to set such a temporary limit or ban: need to get Americans back to work...

Legal immigration creates demand which would generate new jobs.

But, you have to admit, it should be done with common sense approaches and carefully monitoring.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If that were the case, don't you think our economy would be doing better than it is?

link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
All through our history, there have been controls and monitoring of immigration. Immigration from certain areas and by particular types of people have been stopped altogether at times in our history. In our PC world of today, this would be virtually impossible.

She said ban ALL immigration like we did before. It never happened before.

link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: onequestion

You may be right.

This didn't go down like Jihadist terrorism. The shooter was not suicidal; he took hostages. If this was terrorism-related, it was lone wolf semi-radicalized.

On the other hand, I keep hearing that this attack was "well organized" instead of a crime of passion. Something's not adding up according to the reports. I just don't want to say much more on that until we get more information.

TheRedneck

Nice catch! I knew that felt off, but hadn't pinned down why.

Hostages, when he's claimed to have had explosives, does seem odd. Why not just set them off, and get more targets?

Something very odd there.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimBielson

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

It honestly sounds like there were a bunch of cracks that created a perfect storm for this to happen. In 2014 he was on the watch list but somehow managed to renew his security and armed security licenses without any flags going to the FBI and so the renewals went through and weren't up again until next year.

My frustration is mostly towards any time that someone tries to fill one of these cracks in the NRA goes apesh*t and it all devolves into a useless shouting match that cools just in time for the next mass shooting to start the insanity all over again.

And here it comes. Now the NRA is to blame. The guns are to blame. Everyone and everything is to blame except the perpetrator. About 30 pages ago I predicted someone would try to blame the NRA and here we have it. Next it will be the American flag. Someone already got the Christians out of the way by blaming them. We are almost done and soon this guy will be a saint and everything about America will be to blame.

The FBI dropped the ball. Obama could have prevented this but no, he is bringing more Muslim Solders over here to strike again. If you want to blame someone, blame the real culprit or those that let this happen. It sure wasn't the NRA.

SMH..

please link statistics of the amount of muslims obama is bringing over. second, an american buying guns and shooting up a club is a gun problem as he couldn't have done it without them. and who is the biggest sponsor of easy gun accessibility? the nra. this is what happens when an isis supporter has access to easy guns. should it have been easier for him to buy a gun that could kill 50 people or harder?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And I said "revision" in my follow up. But lowering immigration to below 500,000 is a very low number.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

But, you have to admit, it should be done with common sense approaches and carefully monitoring.

I am fine with monitoring/common sense as long as it is not discriminatory as it has been at times in the past.

edit on 12-6-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

Again, this guy is a security contractor. It's not like he was random Joe off the streets.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

If that were the case, don't you think our economy would be doing better than it is?

The converse is it would be doing even worse if it were not for legal immigrants coming here and creating demand.

link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: ~Lucidity

lucidity i am really glad you are back (and left you a PM months ago) and happy to see you, but no one is living in fear we go about our lives, and in this instance to the club and get gunned down by people who want us dead, I know you and I do not always see everything the same way, but this is a war we need to treat it like a war, lest we continue to see increasing major attacks throughout the west.

Hey, thanks. (Never got the PM...any PMs in fact...weird) Maybe not you and I and others are not living in fear, but some people are, and others really, really want them to. I know it's a war as well, but I'm just not sure that the enemy is the one most people think it is or that the way we're fighting it is effective and not just feeding the beast the real enemy has created.

a reply to: Liquesence
Yep. Another smelly one.
edit on 6/12/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: onequestion

so someone calling 911 and declaring allegiance to ISIS has nothing to do with a connection to ISIS?

am i reading that right?

If you're having a mental break and you're gonna go, go big, am I right?

Odd how with both this and San Bern they all of a sudden declared allegiance to the convenient enemy of the day.

Yeah, I'm quoting myself because this keeps bothering me a lot.

He called 911 to pledge allegiance to. Just like San Bern. Smells like the passports to me. Next the FBI will be fighting Apple to hack his iPhone. Waiting for them to release the 911 tape. Because we all know that's going to be real.

And they identified him very quickly, no questions asked.

He had an ID on him, and that was that. A dead body, an ID, and "oh, it's this guy" before fingerprints, DNA, or anything else.

Suspect.

link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I would think it is time for this contractor to be investigated deeply. That's if the government can find a department that can do it right. DHS probably isn't one.

Frightening to think terrorist belong to and are being aided by our own intelligence agencies.

We are in deep poop

link   

I am fine with monitoring as long as it is not discriminatory as it has been at times in the past.

So you have a problem with stopping all of it temporarily, but you don't want selective bans? That was the point of stopping all of it temporarily - then you aren't discriminating, you don't want anybody.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: JimBielson

here it comes. Now the NRA is to blame. The guns are to blame. Everyone and everything is to blame except the perpetrator.

You say people are blaming everyone except the killer..

Obama could have prevented this but no, he is bringing more Muslim Solders over here to strike again

And then you blame Obama.

SMH..

smh. indeed

STOP politicizing it!

That is his job! His job is to protect the American people. Blaming the NRA, Christians and everyone else is just read meat for the left. Obama's number one job is to protect America so yes, he has blame here. He is bringing more over that think just like this mad hatter.. Am I the only one who thinks Obama should not shoulder some of the blame here?

Is this the twilight zone at ATS today?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

what? how is this relevant? you mean he had the access to his firearms already?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

The converse is it would be doing even worse if it were not for legal immigrants coming here and creating demand.

Or doing the jobs they do that wouldn't get done to the extent if they weren't doing them.

Take away immigrants and many people would be complaining about how things don't get done.

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join