It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: B14ckC47

Don't you think its relevant that the shooter called the cops and pledged himself to Isis? How well is the lgbt community treated in Muslim Sharia nations? A problem can't be solved if we ignore what the problem is. This wasn't only an attack on gays, it was an attack on the whole USA and our tolerant way of life.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It should be over. What we need to do is recognize that they are here among us and work on strategies to deal with it.

The problem is that we shouldn't target Muslims wholesale. Some of them are victims as much as we are while others are aiding and abetting.

So how do you sort them all out? I think the first step is to stop immigration, and perhaps we ought to think about simply doing what was done once before - stopping ALL immigration. Then no one can say we are discriminating.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Four days before a shooter in Florida killed at least 50 people and wounded dozens others in the largest mass shooting in U.S. history, a pro-ISIS organization released a hit list with more than 8,000 people. The list includes more than 600 people who live in Florida.

According to CBS 12, a former FBI agent said the list of thousands was mainly of American citizens and the hundreds targeted in Florida live in Palm Beach County and on the Treasure Coast. (RELATED: Islamic State Claims Responsibility For Orlando Terror Attack)

Known as the “United Cyber Caliphate,” the pro-ISIS group that released the “kill list,” CBS 12 reports, hacked U.S. Central Command, and threatened President Obama. The organization reportedly sent out the names, addresses and emails of thousands of civilian Americans.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

That is exactly what groups like ISIS want. They want us to live in fear, clamp our borders down and cause mass fear/hysteria and hate against Muslims.

This is how terrorists win. They win by making us change the way we live our lives. They win by making us hate not only them, but anyone that looks like them.

Ever since 9/11 they've been winning.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parsa
What pisses me off is that these idiots are making a bad name for every middle eastern out there. People dont know who is muslim or not and they just assume you are if you look middle eastern. I am of middle eastern descent, but im not religious at all and nor is my family. Im just trying to live my life in peace like other normal people, but I am getting more and more harrased day to day by feckers who dont even know me. Just the other day some asshole wanted to fight me because "my people were #ing up the world".
I understand the outrage towards these extremist retards, but fecking hell im tired of taking blame for their actions. Not everyone is like that of course, but more and more are. I was born in Norway. Western culture is all I know and I consider myself a Norwegian , yet I get dirty looks and the occasional #e comment. I cant do anything about how I look, but I would stand side by side with my brothers (Norwegians) if the time ever comes. Its just saddens me that so many of my countrymen dont see me as one of their own. It creates polarity in a world where people are getting more and more isolated from each other. Whatever, rant over. RIP to all these poor souls.

It is sad, and this is what happens.

Look at what happened to the Japanese, and though you don't hear about it, Germans didn't have an easy time of it either. I am afraid it is only going to get worse too the longer we ignore what is really going on.

I wish I could give you a better outlook, but people who don't know you are likely going to react this way. It sucks.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

edit on 12-6-2016 by babyfacebill because: Double post

(post by babyfacebill removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Any new developments?

I took my family to the movies (the new X-Men flick) to do something normal and to get away for a bit.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

That is exactly what groups like ISIS want. They want us to live in fear, clamp our borders down and cause mass fear/hysteria and hate against Muslims.

This is how terrorists win. They win by making us change the way we live our lives. They win by making us hate not only them, but anyone that looks like them.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Look, if every time something like this happens, I have to deal with a lot of flack because Christians didn't do this, then I don't care. I'd rather we lock down the borders before you all start lynching us because some other group decided to massacre another pack of innocents.

No offense, but this thread has been ultra-inflammatory on that score today.

It is just crazy weird to see a case where one group shoots another group and a third group is the one receiving a lot of the bashing. I'm sorry it didn't happen the way you all want.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
...and perhaps we ought to think about simply doing what was done once before - stopping ALL immigration.

And when did this occur?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Right. They're only winning because some are doing exactly what they want us to do (live in fear, clamp our borders down and cause mass fear/hysteria and hate against Muslims). Some of us have been handing them the win since 9/11. Thing is, the "they" here is a two-headed snake, the head that is ISIS or al Qaeda and the head that is profiting from and even encouraging the other head;s win are just loving it too. See how nicely that all works? Sigh.

edit on 6/12/2016 by ~Lucidity because: I didn't like how it came out the first time.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

No offense, but this thread has been ultra-inflammatory on that score today.

I am an atheist and you are #ing right! This is the weirdest thing I have seen on ATS the largest mass shooting ever on american soil committed by an enemy the exclaims daily its desire to kill us, and yet like programming, these people are talking about Christians! WHAT IN THE # ATS

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

lucidity i am really glad you are back (and left you a PM months ago) and happy to see you, but no one is living in fear we go about our lives, and in this instance to the club and get gunned down by people who want us dead, I know you and I do not always see everything the same way, but this is a war we need to treat it like a war, lest we continue to see increasing major attacks throughout the west.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Im a buddhist and yes it is ridiculous- as a wise person on a thread that seems to vapourised said a nation divided will not stand

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Revision, not all immigration, but most of it and all immigration from certain places.

en.wikipedia.org...

However, the effect was to reduce immigration down to less than 400,000/year.

There is nothing saying strict limits or an outright ban on immigration couldn't be imposed again for a temporary time. There are several reasons why, national security aside, it might be a good idea to set such a temporary limit or ban: need to get Americans back to work, need to assimilate the many immigrants already here to be part of American culture as much as the native cultures they left, and the need to lift new immigrant Americans to self-sustaining levels.

Realistically speaking, we either have to deport the illegals or we have to make them ours, but we can only carry so much of a load before the whole ship sinks and it's taking on water fast.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
a reply to: Shamrock6

It honestly sounds like there were a bunch of cracks that created a perfect storm for this to happen. In 2014 he was on the watch list but somehow managed to renew his security and armed security licenses without any flags going to the FBI and so the renewals went through and weren't up again until next year.

My frustration is mostly towards any time that someone tries to fill one of these cracks in the NRA goes apesh*t and it all devolves into a useless shouting match that cools just in time for the next mass shooting to start the insanity all over again.

And here it comes. Now the NRA is to blame. The guns are to blame. Everyone and everything is to blame except the perpetrator. About 30 pages ago I predicted someone would try to blame the NRA and here we have it. Next it will be the American flag. Someone already got the Christians out of the way by blaming them. We are almost done and soon this guy will be a saint and everything about America will be to blame.

The FBI dropped the ball. Obama could have prevented this but no, he is bringing more Muslim Solders over here to strike again. If you want to blame someone, blame the real culprit or those that let this happen. It sure wasn't the NRA.

SMH..

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Are we not allowed to discuss the terrorists motivation? Its being widely reported he pledged allegiance to ISIS.

link   
Has ISIS Infiltrated Homeland Security? Orlando Terrorist Worked for Major DHS Contractor

You know I was thinking about this earlier, when it came to light he had been on a watch list, yet nothing was found, I wondered how many of our agencies have been infiltrated, I have been wondering this for a long time.

counterjihadreport.com...

Orlando nightclub terrorist worked for major DHS contractor that secures “90 percent of U.S. nuclear facilities.”

CounterJihad, by Paul Sperry, June 12, 2016:

The Orlando nightclub terrorist who pledged allegiance to ISIS worked almost a decade for a major Department of Homeland Security contractor, raising alarms that ISIS sympathizers and agents have infiltrated the federal agency set up after 9/11 to combat terrorists.

Officials say Omar Mir Seddique Mateen, an Afghan-American who held two firearms licenses and a security officer license, was employed by the security firm G4S Secure Solutions USA Inc. since Sept. 10, 2007. The Jupiter, Fla.-based company merged with the Wackenhut Corp. after 9/11 and assumed federal contracts.

“G4S supports the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection (CPB), with its operations at the U.S. ­ Mexico border and with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to transport illegal immigrants in selected urban areas,” the company says in a brochure, titled “Providing Manpower Solutions for Government Services.”

The DHS contract with G4S is worth more than $234 million. The contract states that one of the “performance requirements” is helping identify “suspected terrorists” trying to enter the U.S.
The security contractor also provides security guards and other security services for “90 percent of U.S. nuclear facilities.”

I think we are in unimaginable danger.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...and perhaps we ought to think about simply doing what was done once before - stopping ALL immigration.

And when did this occur?

All through our history, there have been controls and monitoring of immigration. Immigration from certain areas and by particular types of people have been stopped altogether at times in our history. In our PC world of today, this would be virtually impossible.

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join