It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It's cool to speculate what would happen IF, but we have the now, the real, the evidence.

And the evidence....scratch that....the PROOF...shows us that Islam killed more gays in ONE HOUR...than the last 50 years combined from any Christian Extremists.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Tell that to the "Christians" in Uganda.

I'd post some videos, but they're not the easiest to watch.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

We are not talking about Uganda. We are talking about main street USA where a radical Muslim killed 50 people. Why do we need to bring Christians into this at all? Why deflect and derail the thread with an agenda that is so obvious.

Again people, this was an act of Terrorism perpetrated by Muslims and an attack on the LGBT community. It was not Uganda Christians and it was not American Christians. In as much as you would like it to be and as much as you hate Christians, stop trying to blame them.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
You know a lot of precious innocent young people died today, remember them?

I agree.

From time to time there are things that happen in which we need to set aside the agenda, the arguments and recognize that we are all in this together. There will be a time to debate amongst ourselves, but first we must recognize the value of those we just lost.

We're not all in this together and that is what ISIS are exploiting. The western world has not been this divided in my lifetime.
We'll only all be in it together when radical islamic terrorism is clearly accepted as the most serious threat to world peace and is dealt with collectively.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
What pisses me off is that these idiots are making a bad name for every middle eastern out there. People dont know who is muslim or not and they just assume you are if you look middle eastern. I am of middle eastern descent, but im not religious at all and nor is my family. Im just trying to live my life in peace like other normal people, but I am getting more and more harrased day to day by feckers who dont even know me. Just the other day some asshole wanted to fight me because "my people were #ing up the world".
I understand the outrage towards these extremist retards, but fecking hell im tired of taking blame for their actions. Not everyone is like that of course, but more and more are. I was born in Norway. Western culture is all I know and I consider myself a Norwegian , yet I get dirty looks and the occasional #e comment. I cant do anything about how I look, but I would stand side by side with my brothers (Norwegians) if the time ever comes. Its just saddens me that so many of my countrymen dont see me as one of their own. It creates polarity in a world where people are getting more and more isolated from each other. Whatever, rant over. RIP to all these poor souls.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

If you can prevent someone from flying through the no-fly list without any convictions/official actions then you can easily do the same and create a no-gun list for people under investigation/on watch lists.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Orlando suspect’s father hosted a TV show and now pretends to be Afghanistan’s president

The father of Omar Mateen, identified by police as the man behind the carnage at an Orlando nightclub early Sunday morning, is an Afghan man who holds strong political views, including support for the Afghan Taliban. In a video he posted on Saturday, he appears to be portraying himself as the president of Afghanistan.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I agree.

From time to time there are things that happen in which we need to set aside the agenda, the arguments and recognize that we are all in this together. There will be a time to debate amongst ourselves, but first we must recognize the value of those we just lost.

We're not all in this together and that is what ISIS are exploiting. The western world has not been this divided in my lifetime.
We'll only all be in it together when radical islamic terrorism is clearly accepted as the most serious threat to world peace and is dealt with collectively.

So we can only be brothers if I follow your agenda?

Can we not let people grieve and heal before we begin our campaign of vengeance?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
a reply to: projectvxn

If you can prevent someone from flying through the no-fly list without any convictions/official actions then you can easily do the same and create a no-gun list for people under investigation/on watch lists.

Which leads one to think how did this guy fall though the cracks? FBI had two investigations on this guy. He was a known radical. Its people on the left that don't want to hurt the frail sensibilities of this mad hatters. This is political correctness coming back to bite us in the arse.

We need to dispense with the safe zone stupidity now before we have another attack. We also need to stop trying to find the straw man. There is none. This was a Muslim following ISIS.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

And the no-fly list was already found to be unconstitutional because it denies people due process. And flying isn't a right so important that it got its own amendment.

Freedom of travel is, and folks on the no-fly list are still able to travel. Just not by air.

So unless you're putting for the the idea that hey while we're pissing on due process, let's make sure we do it over here too, kind of a non-starter.
edit on 12-6-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: ketsuko
OK, I understand that this was a gay bar, but am I to understand that the only victims were gays? Because everything I see is acting as if that is the case.

It's logical to presume the majority of people in a gay bar are gay, and by extension the majority of victims.

As we spent time talking about either in this thread or another, it isn't only gay folks who go to those bars. So yes, there will be a lot, but they aren't all going to be gay.

Right, that's quite an important discernment to make. Rather than 100% were gay, it's 90% that were gay.

I'm glad we got that cleared up.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I agree.

So we can only be brothers if I follow your agenda?

Can we not let people grieve and heal before we begin our campaign of vengeance?

If you do not follow the agenda to stamp out radical islamic terrorism, then no, we can't be brothers.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I think in any case of a no-blank list there should be some form of due process to get off of it. I just find it mind-boggling that someone could be on a terrorist watch list and still purchase a gun.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well that's absolutely BRILLIANT I must say.

Equate TERRORISTS and GUN OWNERSHIP throw in NO FLY LISTS for icing on the cake.

Forget about just WHO ends up on those to begin with.

7 Ways That You (Yes, You) Could End Up On A Terrorist Watch List

If that ain't enough to snip you off.

Maybe this WILL.

Napolitano stands by controversial report

I know MAKE people that for the last eight YEARS that been on the front line FIGHTING terrorists INTO terrorists!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

...create a no-gun list for people under investigation/on watch lists.

And there's your real motive, which has jack to do with Islam.
edit on 12-6-2016 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Pot meet kettle, only if he follows your agenda and time frame on when we can discuss the root cause of this massacre and how to deal with the problem.

Which isn't radical Muslim/s as the media and politicians would have us believe,it is those that follow Islam by their teachings of their books and life and example of Mohammad. Its a rapidly growing cancer that needs cutting out.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
SMOKES!!! Dozens of pages later and I don't even recognize this joint anymore.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Due process is supposed to come before the denial of rights. Not after.

Yea, somebody on the list probably shouldn't be able to get a gun. The flip side of that is the FBI is supposed to be notified whenever somebody on the list tries to purchase a firearm.

So was he not actually on the list? Was he but nobody notified the FBI? Were they notified and did nothing?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Same here !
Moving like a forest fire !

I woke this morning to the news that the gunman actually made his vows to ISIS whilst on the phone to emergency services.

Also hearing what a whack job his father is, makes me wonder if he should be deported back to Afghanistan ...

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

...create a no-gun list for people under investigation/on watch lists.

And there's your real motive, which has jack to do with Islam.

I know. I'm not blaming Islam for this at all. It was one guy who perpetrated the crime. My issue is with the current gun laws and loopholes that allow these mass shootings to continually happen. And any time someone tries to even open their mouth to suggest a way of keeping guns out of the hands of those that will do harm to innocent people with them are met with a 'rabble rabble rabble' of excuses and false arguments against those measures.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

The following is a post from a MOD who is NOT participating in this thread. I thought you needed a reminder.

ATTENTION!!!!

Please discuss the topic and not each other.
Personal attacks and bickering have no place in the discussion.
This is also not about Christians versus Muslims.....or left versus right.

Posts will continue to be removed....and temporary Posting Bans issued.
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

new topics

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join