It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: Liquesence

Just pick their 2 biggest cities and turn them to ash.
Any innocents there are in hell anyway.

This makes you different from terrorists...how?

Well, I'd target them because of their hatred for me and those of my society that they keep wanting to kill, they target us merely because they hate our not being islamic nutters.

You're advocating the use of terror to achieve a goal.

THAT'S terrorism.

No, it's retaliation, vengeance. It's what we have armed forces for. To visit violence upon our enemies.

That's.
What.
Terrorists.
DO.

ETA: You're advocating killing scores of innocent people to "show the terrorists what's up."
edit on 12-6-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

If someone is wanting to do that, they will use any excuse they can niggling over any perceived difference.

But we only discuss it when others do it. Never when it is happening in our own backyards.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oh, so if someone is on a terrorist watchlist you are okay with them being able to purchase a gun?

Yes. But I support a free society and all the risks that it entails.

Or is it appropriate to be guilty until proven otherwise?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Just pick their 2 biggest cities and turn them to ash.
Any innocents there are in hell anyway.

This makes you different from terrorists...how?

Well, I'd target them because of their hatred for me and those of my society that they keep wanting to kill, they target us merely because they hate our not being islamic nutters.

You're advocating the use of terror to achieve a goal.

THAT'S terrorism.

No, it's retaliation, vengeance. It's what we have armed forces for. To visit violence upon our enemies.

The isis high ups don't care how many shooters and bombers die. They sit safe in their walled compounds etc. Only by destroying them utterly will this end.

Funny, they often speak of vengeance and retaliation for actions of the West when they do something.

And our forces only ever go to war on the orders of our democratically elected governments.

Sure, I get that it would be a better world if we all got along, not happening though so we have to do the best we can to protect our societies.

There's no real easy fix for the mess the world is in.
But MAD worked for the cold war.
Maybe a show of what the real consequences of being so inhumane are might cause a similar sort of "detente"

ETA like I said, the innocents in Racqua and other is places are in hell anyway.
edit on 22pSun, 12 Jun 2016 15:46:22 -050020162016-06-12T15:46:22-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: neformore

Oh, so someone who posts here is the 700 Club host. I got it. You weren't just randomly attacking people here.

You were responding to the ATS Super Moderator, correct?
Just trying to follow the discussion.

Does one being an ATS super mod grant some sort of invisibility cloak when participating in threads? I ask because I was always under the impression that once a mod enters a thread for discussion as opposed to moderation, they're a member like any other.

Probably why other mods many pages ago said they were not moderating since they were participating.

I just want to be clear what the shtick is here.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Does one being an ATS super mod grant some sort of invisibility cloak when participating in threads? I ask because I was always under the impression that once a mod enters a thread for discussion as opposed to moderation, they're a member like any other.

Mods R people too.

That M-O-D. doesn't make them any more or less than any one else.

Doesn't make them 'right' or 'wrong'.

ATS is an opinion board.

All are welcome.

People are FREE to agree or disagree.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Because while you're pointing all the fingers at the Islamic faith, the fact is that, should "Christians" like Pat Robertson get their way the same would probably be happening from your chosen side of the religious divide. There are few degrees of separation and the sentiment certainly is there.

But of course, one mans words and actions don't define a whole religion...... right?

(And you apparently are forgetting people who fire bomb/shoot up abortion clinics while asking your question)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

When a white guy commits a mass shooting he is 98% of the time a loner. A loser. A vendetta. I do not remember one time that they screamed "IN THE NAME OF THE LORD JESUS I STRIKE YOU DOWN".

However, when a person, even white people (Look up Joel Hinrichs) who follow a certain religion,shout "Allah akbar!!!!" it is a pretty good chance we can call them Muslim.

We are not at war with white America but that is how you sound. The Kool-Aid is reaaallly kicking in. We are at war with radical Islam which is not really radical, it is just those who follow the true teachings. In other countries if you are Sunni/Shia it is a live or die situation. So, those in the US are usually trying to escape that. Problem is, there are others who do not and the good ones are afraid of the repercussion of the bad ones.

link   

Seriously dude, what the f&#* are you talking about?

The reports clearly stated that this guy HIMSELF SAID HE'S DOING IT IN THE NAME OF ISIS. EVEN ISIS TOOK RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS ATTACK. IT'S A TERRORIST ACT. DEAL WITH IT.

I don't understand what kind of a magical point are you trying to prove.

Seems like you know better than this guy himself...who knows, maybe he was a christian underneath, is that your point?
edit on 748k2016Sundaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I have no problem with going out and targeting IS or any other terrorist group. Pray don't take my comments as that. They need a little 5.56 lovin, in my opinion. Fact is, over 7 billion people aren't all going to get along all the time.

I just think it's a tad obtuse to use the very rhetoric terrorists use and then try claim some moral high ground. "They'd do it to me, so I'd rather do it to them first." works fine for me.

link   

I've expressed my opinion, which means I cannot moderate this thread.

Hope that clears it up

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Saying being gay will send you to hell or killing you because of it are two pretty way off things. That is the difference between Christianity and Islam.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Mods R people too.

That M-O-D. doesn't make them any more or less than any one else.

Doesn't make them 'right' or 'wrong'.

ATS is an opinion board.

All are welcome.

People are FREE to agree or disagree.

Kinda my point so thanks for playing repeater with me I guess.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The guy in Colorado was unhinged and shouting some quasi-Christian strange ranting stuff. But he was a congregation of one in his little cabin up in the woods too. So, he pretty much wiped his denomination off the face of the map. In other words, his homicidal brand of Christian crazy was too much for other Christians.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Oh no clarity was needed. I was just perplexed as to why mod status was brought up as if it was somehow wrong to comment back to a moderator with less than enthusiastic agreement.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I was wondering what news item was going to overshadow voter fraud in CA...

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Good news: one person admitted after the shooting has already been released.

Bad news: nine more have died since admission.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Saying being gay will send you to hell or killing you because of it are two pretty way off things. That is the difference between Christianity and Islam.

Simple! Exactly.

Christianity had a reformation long ago. It was not perfect but we are in a time now where Christians do not call for the death of others.

"Judge not lest ye be judged"

I grew up in super strict Southern Baptist style and we occasionally went to Catholic mass because my step family is devout Catholic. Never, at ether place, did I ever hear of anyone calling for the death of apostates or enemies. They may have been all "fire and brimstone" but you would be shunned from either community if you were an extremist who wanted to murder anyone and promptly turned into the authorities.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Good news: one person admitted after the shooting has already been released.

Bad news: nine more have died since admission.

*sigh* Not good news. I starred you for the update, but it's not the sort of thing you want to star.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

a reply to: SprocketUK

I have no problem with going out and targeting IS or any other terrorist group. Pray don't take my comments as that. They need a little 5.56 lovin, in my opinion. Fact is, over 7 billion people aren't all going to get along all the time.

I just think it's a tad obtuse to use the very rhetoric terrorists use and then try claim some moral high ground. "They'd do it to me, so I'd rather do it to them first." works fine for me.

Well it's daft to assume war isn't terror in any measure isn't it?
Those 5.56 rounds are made to injure, debilitate and demoralise. A 7.62 would be more humane.

I think we are beyond the police action type of military intervention. It hasn't stopped anything so far, as you pointed out, it may have made things worse in a lot of ways.

I'd really rather not have to kill anyone, but if it's beyond my choice, I'd go for the method that will put a great big full stop to the whole thing.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to take on the West in the face of such a demonstration.
They might though, but it is worth considering in these desperate times.

new topics

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join