It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
What if he wasn't gay, and he was just doing his research for this event? Maybe he was using the gay dating smartphone apps to find victims for his murder. Going to gay clubs multiple times to find the ideal location for his mass murder.

Now being reported that the terrorist rejected Disney World as the main target because it was too difficult. Not a convenient part of the story for the Hillary media - unless they are going to suggest in this mans maniacal anti-gay mind his top target was Disney World and not a gay bar.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
There is also the weapon in the vehicle.

What weapon and vehicle are you referring to?

------------------------

Oh, I see, he left his service gun in his car parked outside the club. Well all these shooter types make sure to leave incriminating evidence behind in their car and home. The UCLA shooter of a week ago also left a handgun in his car. You are supposed to 'connect the dots.'

www.yahoo.com...
The handgun Mateen used at work was found in his car outside the club.

It sounds to me that Mateen was building a "legend" for himself--that of the Islamic radical.

www.yahoo.com...
Mateen... watched Islamic State videos ....Mateen had also told his co-workers that he wanted to become a “martyr” in an operation.... comments Mateen had made — including that he had obtained a car from another “martyr” .... so alarmed co-workers in 2013 that they reported it .... the bureau is pursuing is Mateen’s two trips to Saudi Arabia in March of 2011 and March 2012.

Just like Oswald was building a "legend" for himself as a disaffected lefty before the assassination of JFK.

/
edit on 15-6-2016 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
very good point......gay dating apps....as part of his research along with scoping out the place, I can see that.....

I think it makes sense, I mean what better way to find the most populated gay clubs and stuff? I am a totally straight male in Los Angeles, and I honestly have no idea where to find a gay club around here, I guess I could google it, but it would probably be better to just meet some gay guys on a dating app and ask them where the best place to go is. You know?

Then when you look at it from a 3rd person view, it would look like he is gay.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
75 EVENT SECURITY OFFICERS NEEDED Immediately Must Have D License (orlando)

orlando.craigslist.org...

And all the worlds a stage

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I think one thing I keep coming back to in my head is the Anti-Profiling order Obama signed into action on or about December 8, 2014. (the same year the FBI/DHS took Mateen off of their secret "Watch List") Here was a guy in Omar Matheen, who was raised by a Taliban-connected father known as someone prone to some pretty extremist on-line rants, and was a kid who had connections to (and attended the same pretty notorious in it's own right mosque of) the first ISIS-inspired American suicide bomber, however innocuous those ties may have been.

Would this guy have remained on that watch list and flagged as far as gun purchases are concerned if that order not been passed? Further, it looks like his father is pretty buddy buddy with several higher ups in the democrat party, and is actually running for president of Afghanistan. Was Mateen given further special treatment due to that?

I just can't justify in my head how this one young radical muslim extremist's rights (which, again, he *should* have been flagged given his connections, and may well have been without the Anti-Profiling order) were worth the lives of 49 other innocent people.

I get the intent of what Obama did. I fear it may have gone too far in it's scope, however.

(post by starviego removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Yes, yes you do have a morbid need to see pictures. Hopefully they'll get around to releasing pictures of bodies for you to look at at your leisure and then pick apart and say they're inconclusive and you're still not convinced.

Because let's face it, nothing will be enough for some people.
edit on 15-6-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Angel Colon had a bandage on his left hand and there are pictures of the air casts and braces and bandages on his legs during the press conference.

Being lazy with your research doesn't make a conspiracy. It makes you lazy.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Been in Orlando/Florida for a couple days now, taking the family on a weeks vacation, and the events in Orlando has obviously been part of many conversations I've overheard or participated in. I said that I was going to take a break from ATS while on this vacation, but I had to boot-up the laptop to do a little work earlier today and felt compelled to check ATS to see how the conversations were going and possibly add anything I could that was applicable.

Honestly, I'm disgusted by what I am reading on this board. I have talked to friends, family and strangers over the last two days that come from many walks of life and have many different belief systems. None of them have blamed one religion. None of them have blamed a political ideology. They blame the individual that committed this act. In cases such as this, they have expressed the importance of family, friendship, fellowship and basic human decency.

But on ATS we point fingers and blame at religions or political beliefs we disagree with, while at the same time forgetting about the important things that we share in common...such as family, friendship and fellowship.

I thought about that for a bit and I think that is because in real life we can be held accountable or shamed for the things we say or believe that may be obviously wrong or extreme. Reality causes us to act or react differently. On ATS, we try to maintain our religious/political stances even though it may conflict with out real life sense of "humanity".

This is an indication to me, for whatever it is worth, that many of us seem to check our humanity at the door on ATS, and would rather push the religious/political narratives. We lack a collective sense of personal responsibility.

I see that other members, even some I disagree with on religious/political matters, have tried to impart a similar message, yet their messages fell on deaf ears.

I'm sure this post will meet the same fate, but I can't help but add my 2 cents and hope that a bit of humanity seeps it's way in to our forums and partisanship takes a back seat for once and for all.

Total nonsense.. So what type of sanitized talking points do you think we should talk about? What was the weather like when the shooting started? What was everyone wearing when they got murdered? What song was played as the death rattles set in? I mean you hit every point that would really entail a conversation based on an event like this and you say we shouldn't be discussing any of them.

Yes, he did it and he is to blame. Only an ignorant fool would decide to just leave it at that. Yes, he did it but he did have a motive did he not? I don't buy for one minute the "many people" you know are not discussing the very same things we are.

He was driven by some very ugly motives. He is not here to tell us why so we discuss what the motives may have been. Conversations like this are not all sunshine and rainbows.. If your frail sensibilities prevent you from participating, by all means shut down that laptop, go walk around in the sunshine and find your rainbow.. Then all will be right in your world..

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I notice all the wounded 'victims' they are trotting out are all wounded in the legs--legs covered by heavy blankets, so you can't see any bandages, casts, etc.

So what?

I doubt they'll show pictures of people with their heads splayed open and their brains hanging out. And I doubt those people wouldn't be sitting up and talking to the media, if they had been shot through the head of chest.

Is that what you want?

I mean, I'm all for a good conspiracy, but, dude...

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

What if he wasn't gay, and he was just doing his research for this event? Maybe he was using the gay dating smartphone apps to find victims for his murder. Going to gay clubs multiple times to find the ideal location for his mass murder.

Now being reported that the terrorist rejected Disney World as the main target because it was too difficult. Not a convenient part of the story for the Hillary media - unless they are going to suggest in this mans maniacal anti-gay mind his top target was Disney World and not a gay bar.

They just had Gay Days (a week of it) at Disney.

I imagine it's a little more difficult to get a rifle into Disney World during the day than a gay night club at 2am.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: UKTruth

They just had Gay Days (a week of it) at Disney.

I imagine it's a little more difficult to get a rifle into Disney World during the day than a gay night club at 2am.

Correct. Gay pride was last week, and that is why we are going at the end of this week.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Sharing the back and forth today...

Anderson Cooper responds tonight to Fla. AG Bondi's criticism of their interview yesterday.

She has inserted herself as an elected spokesperson following this tragedy, making numerous tv appearances. He asked her questions about past statements she has made about and actions her office has taken against the lgbt community.

Regardless of what all motives are determined in this horrific massacre, members of the lgbt community were the targets snd victims. Their voices will be heard in the discussions, today and into the future.

The on-going discrimination against and persecution of our lgbt co-workers, neighbors, family and friends, by some state and federal elected officials are important elements of the discussion, if solutions are to be found.

To be fair, she isn't the only elected official these questions could and should be asked of, for sure. As another example, Indiana's Governor Mike Pence and his actions against that state's lgbt residents and visitors have been recognizably damaging and would present a similar hypocritical irony.

The discussion continues. Sharing the latest.

CNN
Raw Story
edit on 15-6-2016 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'm still having a problem with a one shooter narrative.

He'd have to have had over a dozen clips of ammo if acting alone.

Nobody charged him during all of the ammo changes he would have had to do? (another shooter would make it more problematic and risky though)

It was a semi-automatic rifle, not a machine gun, so he had to pull the trigger for each shot. Yet some victims had nearly 12 shots in them?

The math is just wrong.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

No, you're having a math problem. 202 rounds fired by the shooter and police combined doesn't require 30 reloads. Unless everybody was using six round magazines, I suppose.

5.56 rounds tend to not just stop the instant they hit a body.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

The math does not have to be wrong.

I imagine a dark club, full of people, loud music, nobody is expecting anything, some people will be drunk or on other substances.

The shooter comes in, and has the surprise moment.

I guess there have been the first 10-20 victims.
Some people managed to flee, some poor souls have been trapped in the bathrooms.

The shooter calls the cops, brags about other shooters/snipers/bombs/hostages to by time.

Then at the bathrooms: people have no way to escape, its like 'shooting fishs in a barrell'.
Easy another 20-30 victims.

Besides there are more more stories coming out (from the cops themselves) that some victims have been shot by 'friendly fire' by the cops.

Plus there have been 11 deads on the way to or in the hospital.

Not to forget: the whole thing lasted for 3 hours.

So the math can easily be correct, it could even be higher, since some patrons survived even in the bathrooms, since they played dead.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

starvego here is "footage" www.dailymail.co.uk...

people in the bathroom taking care of the wounded

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: research100
Another victim wounded in the leg. Hmmm...

He says half the dead victims were in the bathroom with him, but nothing about any frantic attempts to apply first aid. Though everybody did get a sip of water.

new topics

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join