It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 110
<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad
I have no clue if this source is reliable but I just found this

Orlando Shooter Was Gay, Former Classmate Says

There are multiple men saying he was gay.

It was reported that his first wife said his father called him gay in front of her

Usually, you get one or two accusations. This seems to be way more then that.

Well I mean it would make a lot more sense than just being out to "get the gays" because of religion. Like I said, I don't really know the credibility of the site I linked and I also know there are a lot of details being suppressed (as per procedure in these things) so as far as my personal opinions go on the guy, they end and begin with him being a murderer because we know for a fact he did that.
edit on 14-6-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

www.dailymail.co.uk... -plans-advance.html

they are checking the inlaws' house in california.......his wife has 3 other sisters...wonder what they will find

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100

they are checking the inlaws' house in california.......his wife has 3 other sisters...wonder what they will find

I'm sure we will only know the truth when they write tell all books in about 5 years

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Anderson Cooper is asking a few questions of Florida's Attorney General that needed asked, especially since she has chosen to insert herself as a government "spokesperson" in the early days of this tragedy. I've seen her in front of a camera several times in the past few days.

Something tells me she may be less inclined to be interviewed now that she got a reminder that America's First Amendment matters too, when it comes to a free press and questions will be asked.

While there seems little doubt so far that many things contributed to this tragedy, from mental illness to hate and self-radicalization, the on-going discrimination against and persecution of our lgbt neighbors, family and friends, are important elements of the discussion.

Well done Anderson Cooper. Thank you. Uncomfortable conversations sometimes have to happen to address long-term causes and solutions.

Peace

edit on 14-6-2016 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

All of a sudden liberals care about the Bill of Rights? Lmao! What a joke.

Anderson Cooper is a paid nutcase, all he does is create division after taking his orders from his liberal loon, puppet master media tycoons.

What a pathetic gutless turd he is. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Yes, they do and always have.
You really should get out more and talk to us in the real world. Instead of raging with that digital ego.
We can be quite nice.

We lock and load too.
Gasp
Lock and load liberals. There are tons of us across rural America. It might behoove the NRA to remember that because their message is tanking when you try to put all Progressives/liberals in a non existent box.

I know that doesn't fit in the black and white world you have created about what liberals care about.
So sorry to disappoint.
Peace

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The statement of the trauma surgeon speaks of two waves of casualties:

www.fox5atlanta.com...
" We have 20+ gunshot wounds coming in...” Dr. Chadwick says. ... Then, as the first patients were rushed into surgery, a lull, as the gunman barricaded himself. Then another wave, of at least 20 more patients.

It sounds like the second wave came in as the SWAT made entry around 5am. Were these casualties caused by the gunman or by the SWAT?

------------------------------

And if the the perp was taking hostages, what was his endgame? Most hostage takers make some sort of demands. It would be interesting to know who he was calling on his cell phone in the repeated calls he made. Was he talking to his handler?

It should be noted that the Mumbai terrorist attackers were talking via cell phone the whole time with a handler off site. And Anders Breivik was talking to someone via a headset he was wearing during the Utoya slaughter in Norway.
edit on 14-6-2016 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Been in Orlando/Florida for a couple days now, taking the family on a weeks vacation, and the events in Orlando has obviously been part of many conversations I've overheard or participated in. I said that I was going to take a break from ATS while on this vacation, but I had to boot-up the laptop to do a little work earlier today and felt compelled to check ATS to see how the conversations were going and possibly add anything I could that was applicable.

Honestly, I'm disgusted by what I am reading on this board. I have talked to friends, family and strangers over the last two days that come from many walks of life and have many different belief systems. None of them have blamed one religion. None of them have blamed a political ideology. They blame the individual that committed this act. In cases such as this, they have expressed the importance of family, friendship, fellowship and basic human decency.

But on ATS we point fingers and blame at religions or political beliefs we disagree with, while at the same time forgetting about the important things that we share in common...such as family, friendship and fellowship.

I thought about that for a bit and I think that is because in real life we can be held accountable or shamed for the things we say or believe that may be obviously wrong or extreme. Reality causes us to act or react differently. On ATS, we try to maintain our religious/political stances even though it may conflict with out real life sense of "humanity".

This is an indication to me, for whatever it is worth, that many of us seem to check our humanity at the door on ATS, and would rather push the religious/political narratives. We lack a collective sense of personal responsibility.

I see that other members, even some I disagree with on religious/political matters, have tried to impart a similar message, yet their messages fell on deaf ears.

I'm sure this post will meet the same fate, but I can't help but add my 2 cents and hope that a bit of humanity seeps it's way in to our forums and partisanship takes a back seat for once and for all.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Well said, friend. Well said.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
49 birds appear over Orlando shooting victims memorial

As the names of the 49 victims of the Pulse nightclub shooting were being read at a vigil in Orlando, a photographer noticed something up above: A flock of birds flying by.

She snapped a quick photo. But it wasn't until she counted the birds in her frame that she was truly surprised: There were 49.

source

Peace

edit on 15-6-2016 by DancedWithWolves because: fix link

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

I'm sure we will only know the truth when they write tell all books in about 5 years

In five years, Orlando might not even be in the top 10 deadliest USA terrorist attacks. Especially if Hillary... nah, I won't go there...

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Been in Orlando/Florida for a couple days now, taking the family on a weeks vacation, and the events in Orlando has obviously been part of many conversations I've overheard or participated in. I said that I was going to take a break from ATS while on this vacation, but I had to boot-up the laptop to do a little work earlier today and felt compelled to check ATS to see how the conversations were going and possibly add anything I could that was applicable.

Honestly, I'm disgusted by what I am reading on this board. I have talked to friends, family and strangers over the last two days that come from many walks of life and have many different belief systems. None of them have blamed one religion. None of them have blamed a political ideology. They blame the individual that committed this act. In cases such as this, they have expressed the importance of family, friendship, fellowship and basic human decency.

But on ATS we point fingers and blame at religions or political beliefs we disagree with, while at the same time forgetting about the important things that we share in common...such as family, friendship and fellowship.

I thought about that for a bit and I think that is because in real life we can be held accountable or shamed for the things we say or believe that may be obviously wrong or extreme. Reality causes us to act or react differently. On ATS, we try to maintain our religious/political stances even though it may conflict with out real life sense of "humanity".

This is an indication to me, for whatever it is worth, that many of us seem to check our humanity at the door on ATS, and would rather push the religious/political narratives. We lack a collective sense of personal responsibility.

I see that other members, even some I disagree with on religious/political matters, have tried to impart a similar message, yet their messages fell on deaf ears.

I'm sure this post will meet the same fate, but I can't help but add my 2 cents and hope that a bit of humanity seeps it's way in to our forums and partisanship takes a back seat for once and for all.

The problem is radical islam. That is a religious ideology.

This murderer shouted Allahu Ahkbar as he was murdering people, told the police he was affiliated to ISIS, had been questioned by the FBI under suspicion of radicalisation. Meanwhile ISIS have been asking their followers to going on killing sprees.
As Orlando and the US comes to terms with this, the people of France were reminded again yesterday about this worldwide problem of terrorism as a police officer was murdered in cold blood and a woman and child taken hostage. The woman was also killed and the terrorist posted on facebook asking his followers what he should do to the child. The terrorist was carrying out ISIS's wishes to attack during Ramadan.

The only disgusting response to these crimes is to try and characterise these horrible acts of radical islamic terrorism as something else. Hillary's media are trying to do just that, but it won't wash.

edit on 15/6/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
So far we heard about everything about the shooter.

What i have not heard yet:
- Eye witnesses identifying the shooter
- Eyewitness accounts of the security - an AR15 is not the discreetest thing to smuggle into a club

Maybe these exist and i missed them?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

a reply to: Lelotac

www.dailymail.co.uk... people-there.html

former-wife said he had 'gay tendencies' and a former classmate said the mass murderer asked him out in 2006
'He's a homosexual and he was trying to pick up men,'

Jokingly in my own thought process without making the comment anywhere on the net I told myself this guy has a bad experience with his own sexuality. Maybe he experimented and he wasn't one of those "No regrets" people. Combine that with religious guilt.....

The most f-ed up thing is that some people who aren't alternative lifestyle associate with and are friendly with those who are which means that he would have been shooting people who weren't even living a lifestyle that he condemned( possibly because he experimented with the lifestyle and had regrets and religious guilt over temporary choices.)
edit on 15-6-2016 by Miracula2 because: added last paragraph

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I live in Orlando, what a sad week. I work 4 blocks away from the club and live only 10 Mins away. I know people who have lost friends and kids.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Intro,

Just so you know, I have good sources that tell me that this is still active in Orange and Hillsborough Counties. Live about 20 minutes south of Orlando. My wife and sister were only a few miles from where this happened that night. According to these friends they have told me that it truly is not safe in the area and to make sure to be vigilant if you are out. Carrying is suggested. Large gatherings in non-secure soft targets are still being monitored through 4th of July and since it is Ramamdan. Have a safe trip man....

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Thing is there is nothing you can do to further prevent attacks like this without further comprising the constitution.

He was a born US citizen and therefore immigration laws would not have been helpfill.

He was not charged with any crime so he was free to buy a gun.

Just not sure what could have been done in this case.

In a free society terrorist attacks can never be 100% stopped.

In my opinion in the UK its not a matter of if but when.

Same with the USA, mark my words another attack will happen, its onlyna case of delaying it.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Where are the 50+ people who were wounded?

We don't know their names.

No video/pics of heavily wounded being loaded into ambulances.

No video/pics of ambulances arriving or offloading at the hospitals.

No interviews of relatives of the wounded waiting at the hospital or elsewhere.

No bedside interviews of the more lightly wounded.

Maybe a flock of birds will fly over at a fortuitous time to confirm their existence.

/
edit on 15-6-2016 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Guess you missed the guy who was interviewed at length yesterday?

Guess you missed the videos of people being carried down the street?

Guess you missed the portions of the thread detailing that ambulances wouldn't be allowed in the hot zone? And the pictures of EMS triage areas?

Guess you have a really morbid need to see blood so you can "confirm" this happened and isn't all a fantasy? It's funny, every time one of your questions gets answered or shot down, you never seem to acknowledge it. Just come back with different phrasing.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Guess you missed the guy who was interviewed at length yesterday?

You mean the guy who said he was shot in the hand--the hand that is unbandaged and shows no sign of any wound?

Guess you missed the videos of people being carried down the street?

You mean the ones being carried in the direction of the club? The ones who then are released and walk away?

Guess you missed the portions of the thread detailing that ambulances wouldn't be allowed in the hot zone? And the pictures of EMS triage areas?

Still no pics!

Guess you have a really morbid need to see blood so you can "confirm" this happened and isn't all a fantasy?

Call me a skeptic, but I have a morbid need to see evidence.

new topics

top topics

<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join