It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
We have a vigil planned for tonight in the city but I cant make it, which I'm a bit annoyed about because, even here in Australia, I know I could have lost friends. I met a Latin guy here, in AU at Pride last year from Orlando, I have connections with the trans community all over the world. This is a whole community all around the world morning.

And all the hetro folk want to do is politicize it, please. This should not be about gun control (I'm Australian and left-wing), this should not be about Islam (I'm from a Jewish family, my grandmother was Orthodox); this is about intolerant arseholes who kill people. Tolerance, accepting others for their diversity, this is what we should all take from this; not banning guns or bombing the middle-east.

Lets respect the dead by all being a little bit more tolerant thanks, because if we dont this will happen again.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Authorities are expecting to make an arrest with possibility of an accomplice to the case.
They don't want the public to believe they are in danger but have been investigating another person.
(Sorry can't copy it. See the link.)

WFTV 9

Seems to me like they always have everything "under control" after the event. 9/11 perps, on watchlist...failure. The boston Bombers, on watchlist..failure. Now this guy, on watchlist...failure. did i miss anyone.? I'm sure i have.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: PBL666

Too many labels.

Too much about sexual inclinations and politics.

Too much ... me me me !

Can we let the dust settle and have some thoughts and respect for the families that are not giving a rats about that ...

They are coming to terms with a loved one that is never coming home.

Sad.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
This just came out too.

HODOR HOLD THE DOOR! ORLANDO SHOOTING MKULTRA

or www.youtube.com...

they are messing with this video it seems. it throws errors

edit on 14-6-2016 by ConspiracyOutpost because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2016 by ConspiracyOutpost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Too much ... me me me !

Asking for a little bit more tolerance is about me? I am thinking about the dead, people who because of intolerance had to seek their own safe spaces in their own club, and now what? these are no longer safe spaces and these people are dead, we have to "go back in the closet", where they want us?.

Sad.

If thats you calling me sad for wanting more tolerance across the board; racial, sexual, religious, then its not me who is sad.

I'm still in shock and still trying to find more info, and others want to use it to their agenda. Who is the killer? and who are the "terrorists"?. From my memory, terror is using violence to further ones political agenda, so the terrorists are the ones politicizing it. AND no, tolerance is not political, tolerance can come from any political ideology.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

No, not about you.

About the families coming to terms with a loved one taken. Never to be seen again. In a senseless killing.

× 49 + 53 = Sad .

It is about that ... for now.
edit on 14-6-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Anybody seen this ... ?

yournewswire.com...

Wow !

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: HoldMyBeer
All the anomalies, feel free to add:

- shooter's Dad has serious ties to PTB
- shooter investigated three separate times by FBI
- shooter currently under surveillance by FBI informants for one year
- despite this, shooter gets guns
- shooter rents van but has car
- shooter's wife knew he scoped out Disney
- eye-witnesses claim more than one shooter
- shooter had a high kill rate for a single shooter
- shooter had been to the club 12 times

- there was an incident when he was a student at the Indian River Police training center, he was asked to leave the property and withdrew from studies.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Too many labels.

Too much about sexual inclinations and politics.

Too much ... me me me !

Can we let the dust settle and have some thoughts and respect for the families that are not giving a rats about that ...

They are coming to terms with a loved one that is never coming home.

Sad.

WRONG.

This was a homophobic attack. Gay Lives Matter. If this nutjob had walked into a predominantly black club and gunned down 50 black live it would rightly be regarded as a racist attack.

Our hearts and sympathies go out to the victims and their families - but this was NOT a random attack. The killer did NOT choose this club at random - it was a homophobic attack in a country who's laws accept gay men and women as equal citizens (supposedly) - and THAT is the discussion to have. Ignore the homophobia in the attack and you are missing the entire point.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
Anybody seen this ... ?

yournewswire.com...

Wow !

I am not sure that is real. I went to the HufPo site and there was NO mention of this after searching.
Can you find anything on this other than what you linked??

- AB

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: PBL666
We have a vigil planned for tonight in the city but I cant make it, which I'm a bit annoyed about because, even here in Australia, I know I could have lost friends. I met a Latin guy here, in AU at Pride last year from Orlando, I have connections with the trans community all over the world. This is a whole community all around the world morning.

And all the hetro folk want to do is politicize it, please. This should not be about gun control (I'm Australian and left-wing), this should not be about Islam (I'm from a Jewish family, my grandmother was Orthodox); this is about intolerant arseholes who kill people. Tolerance, accepting others for their diversity, this is what we should all take from this; not banning guns or bombing the middle-east.

Lets respect the dead by all being a little bit more tolerant thanks, because if we dont this will happen again.

I understand your feelings. It is only natural that you, being gay, would place emphasis on what matters most in your heart and that is that diversity be accepted. But, let's try to peel back another layer and see that there is an entire culture....indeed, entire political Islamic countries...that believe homosexuality is so sinful and deviant that it requires killing them and giving them the death sentence by law.

So, while most of us sympathize and understand your emphasis, we have to look at the bigger picture. There are Islamic extremists that want to kill all gays. That imam from Iran that spoke at that Islamic center in Orlando recently said that they should be put to death out of compassion. This is seriously terrorism and while you focus on the mantra, "can't we all just love one another", there are others that HAVE to see reality and they have to focus on those people that don't give two squats about your mantra.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: wantsome

Ok, but what then. What of the next new demonized rifle or handgun? Are we going to keep going down that road? Will we even have a say next time? That's where it starts getting slippery.

I believe the problem lies in education and training. Crime and it's consequences. Make the crime fit and some of this might go away. For the radicalization and such, I've no clue honestly, but more laws/control will not fix the problem.

Bill Clinton banned sales in the 90's. Bush let the ban expire in the early 2000's. There were sill shootings during the ban but not on this kind of scale. No ones going to ban all gun sales. Quit being paranoid the second amendment isn't going anywhere. But a little discretion on who and what is being sold might slow this kind of madness down. There is no use for a AR-15's other then shooting pigs in the desert.

The AWB was allowed to expire because it didn't work.

crim.sas.upenn.edu...

"Should it be renewed, the ban's effects on gun violence are likely to be small at best and perhaps too small for reliable measurement. [Assault weapons] were rarely used in gun crimes even before the ban."

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: NEB0168

originally posted by: wantsome

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: wantsome

Ok, but what then. What of the next new demonized rifle or handgun? Are we going to keep going down that road? Will we even have a say next time? That's where it starts getting slippery.

I believe the problem lies in education and training. Crime and it's consequences. Make the crime fit and some of this might go away. For the radicalization and such, I've no clue honestly, but more laws/control will not fix the problem.

Bill Clinton banned sales in the 90's. Bush let the ban expire in the early 2000's. There were sill shootings during the ban but not on this kind of scale. No ones going to ban all gun sales. Quit being paranoid the second amendment isn't going anywhere. But a little discretion on who and what is being sold might slow this kind of madness down. There is no use for a AR-15's other then shooting pigs in the desert.

The AWB was allowed to expire because it didn't work.

crim.sas.upenn.edu...

"Should it be renewed, the ban's effects on gun violence are likely to be small at best and perhaps too small for reliable measurement. [Assault weapons] were rarely used in gun crimes even before the ban."

And they still are rarely used, compared to handguns.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: VelvetSplash

This was a homophobic attack. Gay Lives Matter. If this nutjob had walked into a predominantly black club and gunned down 50 black live it would rightly be regarded as a racist attack.

Yet there's mounting evidence that the shooter himself was gay.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
You know, when I see a thread about a mass shooting, I always see someone post something like ''if everyone was armed and it wasn't a no gun zone the death toll wouldn't have been as high'' and it pisses me right off. Not only is the idea of people going to a night club to get drunk or drugged up whilst being armed RIDICULOUS but it also reeks of using these tragedies as something to further the gun cause when such posts are made, which effing stinks!!!! For those guilty of this, show some damn respect to the lost souls and families and friends and keep your mouth shut ffs!!!![
edit on 14-6-2016 by 0rbital because: Dupe post turned into something else

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Obama about to give a statement on Orlando following a high level Cabinet meeting, including even the Secretary of Treasury. The full Cabinet. Hmm.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: HoldMyBeer
Obama about to give a statement on Orlando following a high level Cabinet meeting, including even the Secretary of Treasury. The full Cabinet. Hmm.

Enough is Enough, I've got one foot out the door so couldn't give a rats arse....Assault weapons Banned as of Monday. Government will by back all AR15 and AR15 Clones at slightly less than you payed for them..Fiddy cents a pop.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Here's the full interview

m.palmbeachpost.com...

Also, not sure if anyone has posted this, shooting caught outside the club:
youtu.be...

What I don't understand is this is "Isis" attacking, but out of every place they could've attacked why would they choose a gay bar?
Why didn't they attack LA pride?
Yes there was a guy who got caught with multiple assault rifles but I can't help but to feel that he was "caught" in order to scare us more...

a reply to: ConspiracyOutpost

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: idab951

why would they choose a gay bar?

I think it might be because he was a self-loathing homosexual.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: idab951

What I don't understand is this is "Isis" attacking, but out of every place they could've attacked why would they choose a gay bar?
Why didn't they attack LA pride?

Because one is inside and dark and is like shooting fish in a barrel. A parade is moving and open and this idiot terrorist would never have been able to kill that many before being taken down.

He picked an easy target that killed two birds with one stone. Radical Islam hates homosexuality and the western lifestyle. He probably thought he was getting double the spiritual points from Allah.

ETA - And he may have been thinking that he was getting some kind of redemption for his own gayness (if that's true that he was leaning that way).

edit on 14-6-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join