It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 107
<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527

Empathy is for those left in the void ... grieving.

Unless you are a psychopath ... in which case you may question the outpouring of grief and emotion.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ImmortalLegend527

originally posted by: research100

it is called empathy....... .. I am a mom...just imagining what those moms are going though...breaks my heart...no mom should have to go through something as horrible as that

Death, is a part of the rebirth process, why have empathy?

Woman and children die every day from starvation, kid’s mothers and fathers are dying from artillery rounds and having 300 to 2000 pound bombs dropped on them every day some where around the world…do you have this empathy program for them or does your empathy program just have empathy for a selective group…just curios ?

of course I have empathy,,,but this thread is for what happened in Florida.....do you really think it is appropriate to post that here??you should start your own thread on that subject if it is so important to you
edit on 14-6-2016 by research100 because: added a sentence

edit on 14-6-2016 by research100 because: added sentence

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I have been called worst ...just not understanding the energy that is used to feel this...empathy,not to much energy left in the world,not enough.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

it is called empathy....... .. I am a mom...just imagining what those moms are going though...breaks my heart...no mom should have to go through something as horrible as that

Woman and children die every day from starvation, kid’s mothers and fathers are dying from artillery rounds and having 300 to 2000 pound bombs dropped on them every day some where around the world…do you have this empathy program for them or does your empathy program just have empathy for a selective group…just curios ?

of course I have empathy,,,but this thread is for what happened in Florida.....do you really think it is appropriate to post that here??you should start your own thread
Empathy is Empathy, I empathize for you mortals.. Whom’s programs do not let you empathize a ‘whole’ in general, It saddens the universe and light and time itself

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Most people I know are gun owners and liberal. Conservatives aren't the only people that own guns in this country. I'm also a hunter and a sportsman and I know a lot of liberals that are too.

That said there needs to be an end to assault riffle sales in this country. I'm pro second amendment all the way but a lot of lives could be spared from the next massacre if they ban assault riffles. The average citizen doesn't need an AR-15.

I'm from Detroit and I live minutes away from one of the most dangerous areas to live in this country. I have no need for a AR-15.

I can only imagine if 5 dedicated extremists walked into a high school of 1000 students with AR-15's. It's only a matter of time it's going to happen sooner or later.

End the sale of assault weapons. Let the people that own them be grandfathered in but end the sales. Sure there will still be shootings but a lot less casualties.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Most people I know are gun owners and liberal. Conservatives aren't the only people that own guns in this country. I'm also a hunter and a sportsman and I know a lot of liberals that are too.

That said there needs to be an end to assault riffle sales in this country. I'm pro second amendment all the way but a lot of lives could be spared from the next massacre if they ban assault riffles. The average citizen doesn't need an AR-15.

I'm from Detroit and I live minutes away from one of the most dangerous areas to live in this country. I have no need for a AR-15.

I can only imagine if 5 dedicated extremists walked into a high school of 1000 students with AR-15's. It's only a matter of time it's going to happen sooner or later.

End the sale of assault weapons. Let the people that own them be grandfathered in but end the sales. Sure there will still be shootings but a lot less casualties.

Assault rifles are banned you need a special dealer licence to even get one. The AR 15 you can buy is no different then a 22 rifle it just looks cooler. Of he couldn't buy the AR he would have just bought a squirel rifle and a complied the same thing. Or he could have even bought a pump action shotgun or maybe a 38 doesn't matter there all single shot. You can't go into a gun dealer and purchase a real assault rifle anywhere in the country unless you already have a license to deal firearms

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Assault rifles are banned you need a special dealer licence to even get one. The AR 15 you can buy is no different then a 22 rifle it just looks cooler. Of he couldn't buy the AR he would have just bought a squirel rifle and a complied the same thing. Or he could have even bought a pump action shotgun or maybe a 38 doesn't matter there all single shot. You can't go into a gun dealer and purchase a real assault rifle anywhere in the country unless you already have a license to deal firearms
Sorry I misused the term assault riffle. I know they are not fully automatic but it does shoot a 5.56 does it not? Whats the capacity of these things and why are they the choice of mass shooters. I'm not AR-15 aficionado. I do see them for sale at my local guns stores along with AK's and P90's. I also know 3 of the last major incidents were caused by AR-15's.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

An dedicated madman will kill with whatever is at their disposal. The gun is not the issue, it's never been the issue. It's the diversion and another way of creating a division.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

An dedicated madman will kill with whatever is at their disposal. The gun is not the issue, it's never been the issue. It's the diversion and another way of creating a division.

The gun itself might not be the issue but access to weapon is. Apparently mass shooters have taken a liking to this weapon for a particular reason. I think there needs to be an end to it's sale along with others of it's kind to the general public.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Whats with this character you are portraying btw? it reminds me of the wired knight handle i used to go by. I would sign off by saying end of line. Also never say "kid" if you want to portray a higher intelligence. say immature homo sapien male or female or something.

Anyway. the shooting was a tragedy. but i can tell you its already having a divisive effect. i just got banned on twitter for just being someones friend who they didnt like over this.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Ok, but what then. What of the next new demonized rifle or handgun? Are we going to keep going down that road? Will we even have a say next time? That's where it starts getting slippery.

I believe the problem lies in education and training. Crime and it's consequences. Make the crime fit and some of this might go away. For the radicalization and such, I've no clue honestly, but more laws/control will not fix the problem.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

The gun itself might not be the issue but access to weapon is. Apparently mass shooters have taken a liking to this weapon for a particular reason. I think there needs to be an end to it's sale along with others of it's kind to the general public.

A trained killer can use anything to great effect so no its not the weapon thats the issue. The deadliest weapon is the human mind and we all can access that.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Ok, but what then. What of the next new demonized rifle or handgun? Are we going to keep going down that road? Will we even have a say next time? That's where it starts getting slippery.

I believe the problem lies in education and training. Crime and it's consequences. Make the crime fit and some of this might go away. For the radicalization and such, I've no clue honestly, but more laws/control will not fix the problem.

Bill Clinton banned sales in the 90's. Bush let the ban expire in the early 2000's. There were sill shootings during the ban but not on this kind of scale. No ones going to ban all gun sales. Quit being paranoid the second amendment isn't going anywhere. But a little discretion on who and what is being sold might slow this kind of madness down. There is no use for a AR-15's other then shooting pigs in the desert.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

They also seem to scare plenty of folks too!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
And where is all the blood?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
In lighter news, the MSM is reporting that all of the wounded will recover!

wbay.com...
edit on 14-6-2016 by JinMI because: Stuff and Thangs

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

They also seem to scare plenty of folks too!

Yeah for good reason you think? Like I said before how long before 5 organized extremists get the idea to walk into a high school of a 1000 students? How many people are we going to let die before we do something. This is starting to happen on a frequent basis and the casualties keep mounting. Every time the next shooting is worse then the last.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Just heard that the gunman had used a gay dating app. for 12 months prior.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
― Edmund Burke

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Authorities are expecting to make an arrest with possibility of an accomplice to the case.
They don't want the public to believe they are in danger but have been investigating another person.
(Sorry can't copy it. See the link.)

WFTV 9

edit on 14-6-2016 by dreamingawake because: *want

new topics

<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join