It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Narcissist in chief: The danger of having Donald “Citizen” Trump in the White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I decided to post this in this "Mud Pit" as someone else suggested to me. This one is a hot potato...

Have you seen the movie "Citizen Kane"?

This article seems to draw comparisons between Mr. Trump and Kane...

“I have to tell you,” per Trump’s verbal tics, “believe me, folks:” it’s a snap to link Citizen Trump, the most undisciplined, narcissistic politician in memory, with Charles Foster Kane, the impulsive, narcissistic target of satire in Orson Welles’ classic “Citizen Kane.” Equally propelled by huge inheritances, both yearn desperately for fame and adoration, presume limitless “genius” when trusting their flawless gut, and proclaim only their magic wands can save multitudes from greedy elitists.

For those that HAVE watched the movie recently, what do YOU think? I, sadly, have not watched CK in many years, but plan to this evening. Perhaps I can LEARN and see something INSIDE the movie that FORESHADOWS things to come...?

From what I DO remember, Kane was greedy and ego-centric. In the end, he wasn't HAPPY.

The article continues:

In one of the film’s most dramatic moments, Kane is privately exposed as an adulterer (thus unelectable) when about to win his first public office (oddly foreshadowing the adulterous, ruthless Trump). The unapologetic villain, Boss Jim Gettys, offers Kane an image-saving exit (immediately withdraw) and then, shocked at the refusal, aptly quips, “If it was anybody else, I’d say what’s gonna happen to you would be a lesson to you. Only you’re going to need more than one lesson, and you’re gonna get more than one lesson.”

Yet modern research proves that fortress narcissists can’t and/or won’t learn from failure: they double down when thwarted, convinced the envious, inferior world is out to punish its special heroes. Corrective “lessons” are for losers, Trump might mumble. Buoyant narcissists resist all criticism, reducing slights to mean-spirited propaganda. Indeed, the potent narrative in “Citizen Kane” depicts what calamities accrue when the insular (anti) hero defies the fates (known also as outside reality) and dies unloved.

It does seem (from the tweets) that Trump is capable of switching positions around to avoid having to deal with "lessons". He does indeed seem to want to be everything to everyone. He wants to avoid being disliked.

If the race between Hillary and the Donald comes down to who’s least objectionable, Trump is giving away the game. That reinforces fervent hopes Trump’s destiny is actually to serve as epic, disruptive force to our most regressive force: the Republican brand. No other GOP primary loser approaches Trump’s ability to damage the party, fast becoming the nightmare that unravels the reigning “vast, rightwing conspiracy.” Further, Trump is immunizing HC even against her worst fate, email indictment or Clinton Foundation shenanigans.

The article ends with an interesting question:

Time appears not to be on Trump’s side, with six months left to expose more unforced errors, inadvertently testing a novel theory: How many crushing blunders can a candidate commit before the flood of momentum goes against him?

It's a question worth asking. What do YOU think?

And more importantly...

Who's going to go watch Citizen Kane now?

I know I am....

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Source?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

This is a really desperate grasping at straws.

Furthermore, the reference is positively ancient and thus meaningless to most.

Just more hoping and begging that a Trump presidency just can't be real.

A 70 year old work of fiction applies how exactly?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Googled a quoted paragraph and came up with this

SOURCE

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

It does seem (from the tweets) that Trump is capable of switching positions around to avoid having to deal with "lessons". He does indeed seem to want to be everything to everyone. He wants to avoid being disliked.

Yeah, sounds like politics.

I haven't seen Citizen Kane, I keep meaning to.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

A 70 year old work of fiction applies how exactly?

Probably wanted to vote for a 74 year old work of fiction.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
These people saying all these things about Trump have no brains or self awareness. This must be true since the greatest narcissist that ever spawned from who knows where, has been sitting in the white house for near 8 years, and as the greatest narcissist, has told more lies and fooled so many people with famous lines such as "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor", and so many more amazing fables that it will be a great challenge for him to ever be out classed in the department of deception.

End runs around congress when congress says "NO!" and others, of which are to be completely expected for a real true narcissist to do. A narcissist will always totally disregard what their constituents call for, even when they loudly do so, because the real narcissist always know what's best.

They are sure once they do a thing everyone will love it. Even with a %97 and 44/100's percent failure rate with gigantic cost over runs, misappropriated funds in staggering and even obscene numbers, they will ignore it or blame someone else, like Bush, or claim these things take time to work.

Trump may be a bit of a swaggering and loud fellow, but like Obama's history, people against Trump should really be defending him and saying he is just often misunderstood and that he isn't even president yet, and should wait and see like they all did for Obama. (golf style sarcasm).

Trump a narcissist? maybe, but not in the same epic and legendary style like Obama is. I hope Trump wins and rescinds all of Obama's massive failures which add up to a stab in every American's back in an epidemically insulting manner. And when he spent trillions on things that not even one average Joe or Jane benefited from in the slightest, except for his friends which pocketed billion dollar checks for broken web sites and bankrupt the next day green energy companies, who laughed knowing all those Obama supporters great great grandchildren would still be paying for many decades later should have sent the message clearly, but now suddenly it is Trump that will destroy America ?

Trump must win just so those poor fools will understand the fiction they have been blinded into believing, and then they can be actively deprogrammed without even knowing it.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

When I read Narcissist in Chief I assumed you meant Obama and I bet I wasn't the only one who thought that either.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Narcissist in chief: The danger of having Donald “Citizen” Trump in the White House

Whats the danger ? We have been under the rule of a Narcissistic , Egotistical , Megalomaniac for nearly 8 years now . We should feel right at home with a Trump President.Not as bad.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I somehow missed the window to edit my post? I did not know that there was a set time limit...

Anyway, here's a bit MORE as well as a LINK/SOURCE.

That’s why Kane’s latter-day cousin refuses to apologize, nor likely understands his blunders, whether criticized by “crooked” opponents or his own savvy party professionals. Trump knows more than everyone else, more than all media pundits, and even the veteran operatives he hires, then ignores. Like Kane, becoming a “public servant” isn’t about doing good but amassing love, like one would amass dollars (thus Trump’s recent boast he’s becoming the most famous person in the world).

That does seem to be an interesting assessment ...
Makes you go HMMM.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Yeah, sounds like politics.

I haven't seen Citizen Kane, I keep meaning to.

This

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I think I saw it while it was still in theaters. It's been that long.

And I think the OP is unique, congrats!

Well done for a hit piece, tieing Trump to a masterpiece of film.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
One of the cable channels aired Citizen Kane the night Trump reach 1231 delegates. I laughed my ass off at the non-coincidence.

The similarities are blatant.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

For those that HAVE watched the movie recently, what do YOU think? I, sadly, have not watched CK in many years, but plan to this evening. Perhaps I can LEARN and see something INSIDE the movie that FORESHADOWS things to come...?

You should WATCH wizard OF oz SO you CAN see WHAT the WICKED witch FORESHADOWS about HILLARY and THINGS to COME from HER

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

LOL! Most don't even get the irony of your clappa.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Nice but we have numbers. The machine that is mainstream media is Clobbering him. Not letting anything go. There are not enough angry white men to elect him. No one on the left is worried. Without women, Latinos or African Americans trump will never get elected. I predict a landslide so large that Trump will collapse into tears on the floor. Perhaps whispering "Rosebud..."
edit on 6122016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
My recollection of Citizen Kane may be a little fuzzy, so bear with me.

As I recall, Kane believed he had integrity, and his huge ego wouldn't let him do anything to contradict that belief. For instance, one of his writers was going to write a negative story about Kane. He fell asleep before finishing the story. Kane came in and saw the writer asleep at his desk. Kane finished the negative story while the writer slept, published it, then fired the writer. For Kane, integrity meant that had to respect the opinion of the writer (a former friend, I think) and see his words published, but he still had the right to fire the writer (for sleeping on the job, maybe?)

While Trump may have an ego, I don't think he sees himself as having the sort of integrity required to do the right thing if it conflicts with his personal best interests. If Trump had the choice between telling a truth that would cost him $3 mil or fudging the facts, he'd keep the money in his pocket. Kane would hold a press conference and stroke out a check with so much fanfare that everyone in the country would know he told the truth. So, there I think the comparison between Kane and Trump fails.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I would be concerned if a leader wasn't narcissistic. If someone doesn't believe in themselves, how can they lead others?

new topics

top topics

join