It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The dumbest thing I've ever heard

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Mars could be desolate and wasted because Man once lived there.

Look at the Earth.

If we don't behave ourselves it might turn into Mars.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
On the first page, Valhall, what S.B. comments. What does S.B. stand for?

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I am reminded of the manta ray who is also known by the name Devil ray. A kin to the shark it is one of the most peaceful fish in the sea it was only its appearance that resulted in it being labeled the way it was.

Fear is a response and when confronted with something new a common one.

That someone is afraid of something they have never seen before should not be considered an indicator of that object being evil.

With respect to such an interpretation such conclusions have been the cause of many problems our world culture has faced.

MA my avatar is a 3 dimensional expression of a 4 dimensional object from the standpoint of such matters circular is an understatement

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Just to think Christian's used to believe that epilepsy was a sign that one was possessed.

Be warned maynardsthirdeye, that notion that you scoff at is not held ONLY by those of Christian faith.

regards
seekerof

What people who believed in Jesus believed that??

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic

Just to think Christian's used to believe that epilepsy was a sign that one was possessed.

Be warned maynardsthirdeye, that notion that you scoff at is not held ONLY by those of Christian faith.

regards
seekerof

Hmm, lets start with this one first....the Catholic Church.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jagdflieger
I would use the word "fringe" since extreme still implies fanaticism. However, I still would like to know where did maynardsthirdeye get this information since he claimed that he read it. Surely he could be able to post a book title or a web address from where it came. This sounds just like some of the stuff I seen posted on skeptic web sites with the intention of Christian bashing (I. e., Christians are so dumb that they believe ......). Most of that stuff is pure drivel (but the skeptics sure lap it up). Without a reference to a group,a book,or a web site, it could be something that he just made up. I have never heard of any Christian group which had a doctrinal stance that Satan and the angels fought a war on Mars. So my question is - who are these people? Where is the evidence that they believe that a spiritual war was fought on Mars?

Jag, I think he is refering to the fact that there was/is a war in heaven between God and Lucifer. Lucent lost and is now out of busisness. Pun.

I think the idea is that since the Fall, all created life has been corrupted to some extent.??

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye
I just read about some Christians who believe the aliens are demons and the reason Mars is so desolate because of the war between Lucifer and the angels. They claim that those planets were the Devil's domain.

The only thing dumb about it, is how dumb is spelt. Why not?

Sub Bill Clinton for those flags.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Leveller,

And it could be desolate because there was a cataclysmic geological event.

Maybe they had a HAARP and started playing' with stuff they shouldn't have...hmmm?

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What's going on Toltec? Why does my last post in this thread say edited by you? The thread is the same as when I posted it???

And then I have a warning that points to this thread, but I have reviewed every post on this thread and do not see where I have made a mistake.

I also asked this question to you in a u2u. But the things that concerns me the most is that my post has the "edited by Toltec" thing on it, which gives the appearance there was something inappropriate in it...but it is just as it was when I first posted it!

What's going on???

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Vahall modifed the text of you last thread by inputing "playing"as opposed to what was there.

You do have a U2U in regards.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
As per your u2u I stand corrected. There **IS** one word changed.

Thank you for responding to my query.

Regards.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic

regards
seekerof

Hmm, lets start with this one first....the Catholic Church.

regards
seekerof

Sorry, I don't want to offend as I was one once, but I don't think the catholic 'church' is truly christian. they appropriated what the apostles and Jesus did/said and turned that into a business of sorts.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye
I just read about some Christians who believe the aliens are demons and the reason Mars is so desolate because of the war between Lucifer and the angels. They claim that those planets were the Devil's domain.

I suppose that is no more ridiculous than believing E.T. is gonna come save us all from ourselves?

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Actually, I don't think E.T.'s coming to Earth sounds that ridiculous considering they have already been here and the government covers up their presence here on Earth.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
That's not the most ridiculous thing to come from a branch of christianity. "World is flat" and "We are the center" come to mind as more dumb, especially since some still believe it.

And that wasn't the only sign of possesion. A weird mole, dark eyes, multicolored eyes, sneezing to much, all were considered proof of possesion to the catholic church and reasons to kill you in the past. Not as many signs of being a witch, but still many signs.

Or another dumb thing. "Thou shalt not kill" when the catholic church killed how many millions of people? Unlike the world is flat and center, not to many seemed to have believed in the no killing. When was the last time you ever read that the church killed someone for killing a hethen? Never. But for saying world is round or not center? Only reason Galileo wasn't killed like thousands others was because he said he was wrong and was put under house arrest.

Then dumb things not with religon? Watch Bush speak.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I hope you all know that there was once a 5th planet that was destroyed and became the astroid belt.

Of course, I cannot confirm that, so take it with a grain of salt, but there are multiple legends about a planet being there... now being fragments. I believe the legend is that God shattered it for one reason or another.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Uh, had to of been a big@$$ planet to make up all those astroids. And a meteor/astroid.comet could destroy a planet. No need for anything supernatural. Of course, back then rain was supernatural, so who knows what a meteor was to them back then.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join