It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The dumbest thing I've ever heard

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salem
I stumbled, one day when I was looking about some informations on the Mars region of Cydonia, upon some sites that was suposing that there was some relations with this region and the angels ( or any other celestial being ) ... I'll looked at it but any way, they are pure aberation of fact to me.

I have a tendency to agree Salem, but I also think that what we dismiss as aburations or illusions or not clearified enough, etc., that there may indeed be more to what is percieved. I have been doing some research on this very matter of Mars anomalies and will be making a pretty extensive post on this pretty soon.

Are 'we' dismissing this because its not clarified enough? Not plausible? Not feasible? Theoretically impossible? Or because 'we' don't want to admit that indeed possibly 'other' possible terrestrial life existed before 'us'? We just don't want to believe? Let me ask this, why is that there are 2 US Mars Rover's, one British vehicle and a European vehicle, all headed for Mars? Is it really all about learning more of Mars or is it learning more about Mars through these such anomalies. Both US Mars Rovers are headed to land in areas very close to some of these anomalies. Just trying to be open-minded about this.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Aliens are known to be ''mind readers'' I say this because of the many people that have had contact or thought to have been in contact with them.

They are able to read your mind........as Demons are able to do the exact thing as known by Christians from the early century........many fathers of the early church as well as in our time have revealed this type of contact with demons and both alien contact and demon manifestations are very closely linked......it is very likely that the aliens and the demons are one and the same but in appearance differ......

Demons are known to play with your mind ......
Aliens are known to play with your mind......to hypnotize and control your thoughts if you let them.......similar like ''mind control''.....it is not a 'modern' manifestation of alien contact but a true occurance of what had happened to people in the past....only difference is today people believe that it is 'visitations' from another world.
helen

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I have a tendency to agree Salem, but I also think that what we dismiss as aburations or illusions or not clearified enough, etc., that there may indeed be more to what is percieved. I have been doing some research on this very matter of Mars anomalies and will be making a pretty extensive post on this pretty soon.

Are 'we' dismissing this because its not clarified enough? Not plausible? Not feasible? Theoretically impossible? Or because 'we' don't want to admit that indeed possibly 'other' possible terrestrial life existed before 'us'? We just don't want to believe? Let me ask this, why is that there are 2 US Mars Rover's, one British vehicle and a European vehicle, all headed for Mars? Is it really all about learning more of Mars or is it learning more about Mars through these such anomalies. Both US Mars Rovers are headed to land in areas very close to some of these anomalies. Just trying to be open-minded about this.

regards
seekerof

I'm not excluding the possibility that mars has supported earlier civilisations, there's a lot of facts that make me beleive this and I will enjoy your post on the subject, but I am excluding totally the Idea that lucifer and angels had fought on the planet.

Peace
Salem

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I understand and thank you for responding Salem...much appreciated.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Personally, I would not be surprised if someone comes along and professes that this is all evidence of demons and Satan.

As always its my hope that the decorum with respect to responses bespeaks of confidence in your own faiths.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I have not had the time to research the sites provided by Toltec, but I will look into them over the next couple of days. This brings up an interesting point. If you have enough money (and it is not that much anymore), you can get a web site and present yourself as being a major player. I will not mention any names, but the first letter was "B" and the last was "N". Now here was a guy who had a very extensive web site and you might think that he had a major following if you read what he posted on his site, but of all the world, at most only a couple of hundred people took "B" seriously. Just because a man has a web site, it doesn't mean that very many people take him seriously. This has also extended into publishing. Years ago there was a company called Vanity Press (it may still be around). Vanity Press would publish your book if you paid them the publication costs. However, only very serious people (or wealthy) would have Vanity Press publish their books because it was pretty pricey. Well along came desk top publishing and the cost of having a book published was drastically reduced. (If you want to go to the trouble, you can do your own publishing). There are now several companies that do vanity publishing and sell the books via the internet. Since the cost is down, a lot more people are publishing books that would not have seen the light of day a few years ago (remember Solomon Tulbure).

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Original post

"I just read about some Christians who believe the aliens are demons and the reason Mars is so desolate because of the war between Lucifer and the angels. They claim that those planets were the Devil's domain."

Toltec

"Personally, I would not be surprised if someone comes along and professes that this is all evidence of demons and Satan."

Your avatar is about grids and powerful triangles and pyramids and straight lines.

Have you just made a circle?

* edited to make sure it was not interpreted as if I thought Toltec's statement is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Circular is not dumb. *

[Edited on 1-7-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Aliens are known to be ''mind readers'' I say this because of the many people that have had contact or thought to have been in contact with them.

They are able to read your mind........as Demons are able to do the exact thing as known by Christians from the early century........many fathers of the early church as well as in our time have revealed this type of contact with demons and both alien contact and demon manifestations are very closely linked......it is very likely that the aliens and the demons are one and the same but in appearance differ......

Demons are known to play with your mind ......
Aliens are known to play with your mind......to hypnotize and control your thoughts if you let them.......similar like ''mind control''.....it is not a 'modern' manifestation of alien contact but a true occurance of what had happened to people in the past....only difference is today people believe that it is 'visitations' from another world.
helen

Helen
All due to respect,
You are linking similarities about two "beings" that we are not possessing any proofs of their existence. Is that hard to believe that their are both only folklorik creations ?

Peace
Salem

[Edited on 1-7-2003 by Salem]

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Salem.........who sais there is no proof?

'Proof' is that the people have made these claims being of-course true in what they are saying.....
There is a number of people that have said they have seen demons come to them in many forms.......but Yes it is only their word and that is hard to prove!
But that does not make it not true in what they are saying!

When I was into the U.F.O alien stuff and the contact ing of spirits through seances I had wierd things happen to me that seem 'mad' to other's that have had no such thing happen to them.
Does that make me 'crazy' because I have not produced any evidence?
How do you produce such 'proof' ???
I can only speak of my experience..... but from what I have read of others experiences with the paranormal or whatever it is you call it........it is basically the same thing but in different forms......

A few years back in Australia in Melbourne there was an article about a woman and her husband driving to he sisters birthday party.......along the way they saw lights in the sky and they stopped .....her husband saw an alien and he felt fear .....the woman saw the same thing but was unable to move (not sure why)she said that she began to say the jesus prayer(in her mind )....our father who art in heaven etc.....and the alien creature came to her and said.....here I am ....you called me father!
This looks demonic to me!
The woman herself was not religious but said this alien contact was demonic......how else was the alien able to read her mind!
helen....I'll try and find the article and put it here......
I guess the proof is only in what we have been told......or what we have read.....it is up to each of us to decide if there is any truth in it.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Here is something interesting I ran into a few years ago. I have to get into my archives to get the actual article (and the correct spelling). In one of the courses I took through a Christian fellowship I once attended, we did a brief study of New Age beliefs (remember them - I guess there are still some New Agers left). One of the articles I read was an interview of a Lord Trelyvon (spelling???) which appeared in a Transcendental Meditation magazine. Well Lord T was discussing the coming "new light" which would lead the world into the Next Age of Mankind. One of the statements made by Lord T was that not all people would be able to comprehend this "new light" and would have to be sheparded into a different spiritual plane before this "new light" could come into this world. (hmmmmmmmmmm!!!) Sure sounded like this New Ager was making a reference to what Christians would refer to as the rapture. Believe me, I nearly fell off my chair when I read this (in effect a non-Christian was saying that there will be a rapture). Perhaps a demon - alien - end times link may not be as crazy as it first sounds.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Helen,

Proof is for me the only way to prevent people to blindly follow or believe anything or anyone. I'm sorry if I look close minded to you.

If that women was from mexic she would have said ''how my god it's chucapabra'', she said it **looks** like demonic, but it doesn't mean nor prove that it was. If I believe in things like will-o'-the-wisp and I don't know what a fire fly is, I may confuse them. It's mostly a matter of local belief. Religious people things that demons are powerfull beings that have powers that we haven't. So, probably that the thing she seen was able to do many things that we are not able to do, if she seen something.

I found the story very interesting I would like to see the article, if you can find it.

Thanks for answering my reply.
Peace
Salem

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Salem I do have the article but cannot remember if i gave it to someone and not got it back......but I will try to get in contact with the magazine that printed the article....I have lookedin Google but nothing is there......but I will try to get it somehow....

As for the woman who saw this...she felt an evil presence unlike never before........Being scared is one thing but feeling an evil presence is another.....

I dont believe that religion has anything to do with what is seen or heard as in the paranormal........I believe that we are all God's people and that somehow we do have an ability to sense evil.......even though we are all brought up to believe in different things!

I believe the 'soul' is from God and it strives for good but our senses are of the body and they strive for worldly things.......things of satisfying the body and not the soul.
It is like an invisible war fare ........that we must struggle within ourselves.......
helen.....

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 12:51 AM
link   
yeah, i heard this story too, it included the fact that theres a planet missing between earth and some other planet. atm there a huge pile of rubble in area where the planet was supposed to be.
it said that the planet was blown up in the war , and then lucifer and his companions fled here and hid somewhere below surface.
which leads to a certain incided in england.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
Personally, I would not be surprised if someone comes along and professes that this is all evidence of demons and Satan.

As always its my hope that the decorum with respect to responses bespeaks of confidence in your own faiths.

To be perfectly honest also Toltec, I wouldn't be surprised if someone also comes along and profess's that though we allow the 'devil' to do his works and manifestations, that indeed, we are not also the only creation's of G-d.

I will apologize to all for my not keeping to the topic....was my mistake. But to think that everything seen and not explained is the works solely attributed to the workings of Satan and his fallen angels is a bit narrow, especially with respects to G-d. There are 'mysteries' to Man and among Man that we have no explanations for; is this not also encompassed in the workings of G-d or in His divine Plan?

G-d is All, He is Everything......explained and unexplained. It was once believed that an epileptic was possessed, according to Christian faith and belief. This very same person was burned at a stake also. I think my belief in G-d is pretty evident if one reads my postings, but because I choose to not classify everything thats unexplainable as the workings of Satan or his fallen angels (demons), am I also to be mocked because of what I believe? There's an old saying that goes like this:
"What would happen if everything that you thought was right, was wrong?"
"What would happen if everything that you thought was wrong, was right?"

Its pretty much means that one needs to be focused but at the same time to maintain a open mind.

I'm not saying I was mocked nor am I saying anything was said ill, I merely felt the need to say this. I appreciate the understanding in reading this and your time.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I am not sure there is any sense in thinking that any angels are present in any other than this planet. Satan was thrown to Earth and he is the "prince" of this world (how sometimes are angels/demons called in bible).
Also, there are ZERO evidences that aliens exist.
All you know is it could be US government conspiracy to make people believe in them.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Megaquad
I am not sure there is any sense in thinking that any angels are present in any other than this planet. Satan was thrown to Earth and he is the "prince" of this world (how sometimes are angels/demons called in bible).
All you know is it could be US government conspiracy to make people believe in them.

well is there actually any evidence that god exists either?

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSwordMaster

well is there actually any evidence that god exists either?

this is the dumbest question ever.
the bible is evidence.
testimony is evidence.
the order of the universe is evidence.
the fact that we're here discussing this is the most compelling evidence of all. the conditions for human survival on earth(atmosphere composition, type of light, ideal gravity, "evolution"...) are so narrow as to be nearly impossible. highly improbable that humans even exist, given these conditions. it would be a miracle if humans existed.
i'm not saying god exists, but the evidence is overwhelming.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 04:17 AM
link   

this is the dumbest question ever.
the bible is evidence.
testimony is evidence.
the order of the universe is evidence.
the fact that we're here discussing this is the most compelling evidence of all. the conditions for human survival on earth(atmosphere composition, type of light, ideal gravity, "evolution"...) are so narrow as to be nearly impossible. highly improbable that humans even exist, given these conditions. it would be a miracle if humans existed.
i'm not saying god exists, but the evidence is overwhelming.

so you are not saying that god exist even though your "evidence" is overwhelming? you sound like a raving religion maniac with that answer.
and why exactly is that the dumbest question ever, cause i think your evidence equals the thing that goes down the toilet.

i think thats the dumbest evidence ever.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Thats very possible Megaquad....very good point, but lets reverse that a bit, can it be absolutely certain that these things do not exist? To negate something 'as certain' requies as much proof as anything else requires proof. You can choose to believe that something doesn't exist, or exists, thats a right we all share, but claiming it does or doesn't is perhaps another matter within itself, is it not?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   

There's no evidence that god, angels, demons, satan exist, but peoples keep beleiving.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join