It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFC Fight: Canada goose and American bald eagle battle it out for the pride of their nations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Canada goose and American bald eagle battle it out for the pride of their nations
www.cbc.ca...

Vancouver Island played host to a metaphorical match-up between Canada and its good friend the United States on Friday when, without so much as a tweet to promote the fight, two iconic birds went wing-to-wing.

In the red and white corner, weighing in at between three and nine kilograms, with a professional record of hissing at university students...the Canadaaaaa goose....

And in the red, white and blue corner, weighing in at between 3 and 6.5 kilograms approximately, with a professional record of attacking U.S. presidential candidate Donald Trump...the baaaaald eagle

Round one...Fight!!!!

The battle of the birds began just after 7 a.m. local time on Friday, according to Bell's post in the Vancouver Island Images Facebook group.

In a post about the "once in a lifetime experience" Bell told fellow group members she had the glory of witnessing nature at its best and capturing it all in her lens.

She later told CTV Vancouver Island that the photos were taken at Spider Lake Springs, near Qualicum Beach, where her family was vacationing.

"There was a whole bunch of noise to begin with," she said. "The eagle was sitting on the goose. I scooted to get my camera, and when I came back down he was still there. The goose basically was playing dead."...That didn't last long, however.

BUT WAIT!!!!.....

...the goose had some fight in it — enough to avoid becoming an eagle's lunch on Friday, at least.

"Nature is not all glory all the time," the photographer noted on Facebook. "Today we had a happy ending to the tale of a goose freeing itself from a hungry Eagle's talons. [It] might not be so lucky next time."

While she did say she noticed some claw marks on the Canada goose's back, when she left it was still "swimming around in the pond" and appeared "proud to have gotten away."

Until next time they meet again for a re-match..this is "big" John McCarthy...signing out! Keep it clean folks!

edit on 11-6-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
LOL...I had to get a little creative when adding the pictures...don't mind me with a little MS Paint action...also had to get in Big John too...making this an epic battle story

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Think the Eagle gave up when he discovered the goose wasn't hiding any oil. Goose got freedom all for the wrong reasons.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
thanks for that, its always good to see mother nature in action...

Its a shame some people cant just appreciate what they see without taking pot shots...

(post by kimhoo removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The eagle gave up in disgust when he realized that what the goose calls bacon is really only poorly disguised ham.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
thanks for that, its always good to see mother nature in action...

Its a shame some people cant just appreciate what they see without taking pot shots...

And some people can appreciate it fully and will still use humor.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

U.S.A 1
Canada 0

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

True...the Eagle got the early take down and scored the winning point...can't see someone playing dead in UFC and then struggle out and run to their corner....lol

Truly shows how peacefully Canadians are

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I worked on a golf course growing up.When protecting their nests they would fly at your head,screaming with wings outstretched.I even saw one chase a guy in golf cart looking over his shoulder at goose,drove cart into a pond.I wouldn't get 100 feet of their nests.
edit on CDTSunpm0261 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This could be the last time Canada gets to fight the US without American milk and chicken in our bones (no pun intended on the chicken), with the latest trade agreements.

We might not be able to take it on the chin as well as that goose anymore.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I watched a bald eagle fly over the Nestucca Refuge carrying a canada goose once.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
once in Juneau Alaska I saw a brutal display of nature.

there were several bald eagles and seagulls in the same area. The eagles were ganging up on the seaguls, it was a big chaotic melee.

At some point a seagull got slammed by what looked like the biggest baddest eagle of the bunch, and came crashing down into the road.

As the seagull tried to get up and take off we could see one of his legs was snapped completely in half. He started hobbling, struggling to move, and flapping his wings erratically.

seemingly out of nowhere the big bad Alpha eagle (as I remember the bird) swooped down at blazing speed, clutched onto the injured seagull, and took off with it as if it was as light as a feather.

it was an absolutely brutal spectacle, just raw nature.

I couldn't help but feel bad for the seagull, it was a crazy scene, especially the last part as it struggled with the broken leg, trying to survive.....but, nope

still, it was neat and I feel fortunate to have been a witness.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
LOL....Mother Natures IQ test and as usual the results are consistant.....lol....wait till all the other Geese hear about the hammer-head Eagle ...lol...hey Georgie ...watch this ...I'm going to go get a free backrub from this goofball Eagle....lol...check it out and pass the word - we have a live one here....lol.

Cant you see the Goose laughing as he rejoins his buddies??
edit on 12-6-2016 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

I more picture this goose hyperventilating saying "Holy $H!T That was intense! I almost died"

"thank you lord goose Jesus for getting me out of there!"

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Naa....the Golden Canada Goose was holding his breath waiting for the dum-dum to blink ....the olde Rope-a-Dope....this American Eagle is the Leon Lett of the Animal World.....lol.

www.nfl.com...

top topics

join