It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irony: British Muslim guy uses UEFA Euro 2016 violence to mock western media reporting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I wouldn't normally start a General Chit Chat OP based on a Twitter post but in this case the irony deserves it. A British Muslim guy is reporting the violence in France (Euro 2016) in the same style that western media report events in ME conflicts.

I really like the way he uses humour to demonstrate how Racist and Islamophobic the likes of the Daily Mail et al are. Well done sir!

Link

ETA #notinmyname

edit on 11-6-2016 by Morrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

Bit of a cheap point to make considering what Muslims extremists done in France not that long ago. I see his point but I think it's tacky.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Yes ok fair enough, violence is violence right? Six one way half dozen the other?

What about this photo, what caption and reporting does it deserve? One of those men in this photo have already died, but do you know how? Of course you do, he got his head cut off.

I read a lot of your posts and find you to be rather well reasoned, but you must understand that modern liberalism aka progressive, seeks a concept known as moral equivalence, this helps obscure assessments of threats and forces us to never look at the larger encompassing patterns, even still this "irony" is not accurate because you can make general statements about football and hooligans, and you can also expect some level of violence to erupt at certain games Ect, beware of moral equivalence don't allow it to obscure your judgement.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I have read a lot of your comments and I have to conclude you are a very big islamophobe. You pop up on every thread that has something to do with Islam, why is that? Do you have an agenda? I think so...

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ChemicalAli

I've read just one of your comments and I have to conclude you're a previously banned member, with that said I am not an islamophobe and that word is completely dishonest when it's used, I could be a racist or a bigot (I'm not) . Let me ask you, since you have read many of my comments ect, can you provide just one comment that proves I am racist towards anyone or bigoted?

Also, would you care to spell out the agenda I am serving thanks in advance.
edit on 11-6-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

He is not disrespecting or belittling the victims of the Paris terrorist attack. Do you know how many Muslims have been killed by ISIS terrorists? Are you aware that 20 civilians were killed in a bomb blast in Damascus today?

I am a classical liberal rather than a progressive. The only thing I see in that picture are terrorists and hostages. I tend to look at people as human beings first rather than a religious, cultural label. Having lived in a predominantly Muslim town in the north of England for a number of years I don't share your concerns.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Yes but why do they remove their heads?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

To get Pez.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

To get Pez.

That comment is so inappropriate, it made me laugh until I choked.

You win. Game over.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

edit on 11-6-2016 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

They're murderous thugs, that's why. Bad apples. You'll find them anywhere.
In Mexico, for example, masked thugs also enjoy decapitation. In fact, if the cartels broke the record for most americans decapitated, I wouldnt be surprised. Yet we dont invade their country or carpet bomb them. Because they are beholden to the Hidden Hand, the PTB; and the Middle East has always been a thorn in their side. A rich thorn.
Thats the true difference. Lets not pretend like our Hidden Masters actually care about peasant lives. Here, there, or anywhere.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Gotta love false equivalency.

ENCORE!

*jazz hands*

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MayanBoricua

Well when we start talking about extreme ways of killing people we must investigate the reasons behind them, what about suicide bombing? What about the targeting of primarily "soft targets" instead of military targets?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The reason I am very outspoken against Islam is that it's core belief (dualism us vs them) is manifesting in violence and the majority of Muslim and liberals do not seem to want this to be fixed since they are not attacking the problems. But silencing the problem with the label Islamophobia. When the idea is gone from 99,9% of the Muslims that they are gonna create fascist theocracies based on Sharia then I do not think there will be much problem for Islam to coexists. But Islam have a tendency to not coexist but conquer and enslave people instead of allowing a view that is not theirs.

I appose all prophets/politicians who create (dualism us vs them) thinking in their people since it is a cancer that spread thru the populace creating violence and hinders the ability to coexists.

Paul spread this insanity/corruption to Christianety. Muhammad spread this insanity/corruption to the Muslim. Hitler spread this insanity/corruption during the 2nd world war. This idea causes genocide where ever it goes.

If any souls is free of this corruption then it can coexists peacefully with other cultures and follow the golden rule. It took a lot of time to minimize Paul:s corruption and Europe is not 100% well yet.

Now we should fill Europe with the people who still are fighting war over what version of Islam is correct and they are going to leave behind the old hate of Jews and each other just because they are in the west?

If the worst manifestation of violence from the Muslim community was some small group of lowest IQ people who bashed in each others head based on sports team that can be handled by the local police then I would say Islam have become peaceful enough so it is a waste of time evolving it further. That level of insanity I can coexist with. Islam is not there yet.

Please Muslim. Prove to all humanity that you can coexist and create Secular societies treating all people the same regardless of Race, Gender, Religion and sexuality.

I should point out that I do believe that Sufi Muslim will have no trouble answering this challenge.
edit on 12-6-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I know which group I'd invite for a barbecue !
Yawn

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Some kill for God, some kill to protect their homes, some kill for their mother who was drone struck, and some for the West, to give our govts reasons to continue their campaigns.

The media decides for us who must be invaded, and who poses no threat. If Mexico was rich, or had a Rothchild independent bank, it would be cake for the media to spin them as terrorists. To plaster Jihadi Juan cutting off heads in tv, then threatening thall all of mexico is like him, and we must invade. For our safety. The media can also simultaneously tell us not to worry about muslims, isis is just a small local gang, the only xare about running drugs, they too far away to worry about, ect.

We hate muslims because they want us to. The media is like the govt; theres two sides, but both are controlled and both serve their purposes. And I dont want to be taken for a fool by either side. So the truth must lie somewhere between let the muslims in, and kill all muslims. Both are wrong. How about they stay where they are, AND we stop killing them? Or something.
This is a new idea Im working on. It is incomplete. Given time, it will be concise and logical.

edit on 6122016 by MayanBoricua because: Mistakes Were Made

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Listen brother, I think there's a lot of nuance here, and I'm not saying you are wrong, there is absolutely propaganda and also the protection of interests, primarily resource interests that takes places.

Now, we could get into a long ethical and philosophical debate (which I have many times before) about wether this is ok, practical, and the steps we need to change this, **spoiler alert** the answer always ends with let's hope our technology increases such that finite energy resource is no longer what we fight over, also it would be nice if we morally and socially evolve alongside of that technology,but often times we just look like monkeys with guns.

I digress, we've been attacked again today, so I'm very uptight, there are geopolitical reasons why we make strategic moves, and there are for the radicals as well but the majority of their actions are religiously motivated, even from suicide bombings to the removal of heads which the doctrine of martyrdom lays out perfectly. Having said all that, I'd love to have this conversation full out? but today I'm not in a good way and I am angry, I hope this answer is satisfactory.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I just caught up and realized what went down today. Mines is definately a conversation for calmer days. I see our Benghazi equipped Terror Contractors called Isis are taking responsibility for Orlando. And so we descend further down the rabbit hole.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I just caught up and realized what went down today. Mines is definately a conversation for calmer days

This is the reason I have not pursued discussion on this irony/mockery. Just not appropriate.

top topics

join