It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Case of the Missing Wisdom Teeth

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I never got wisdom teeth either, and a danged good thing too, because I have very small mouth jaw and it would have been horrible if I had them!!! hubby had crowded teeth, so our 2 children suffered because of it,after they grew up they each had 1 (out of the 4) wisdom tooth that came in sideways...and that was after they had those jaw stretching devices when they were young.

the older daughter had 2 upper and 2 lower teeth pulled because there just wasn't room even with the jaw stretching......hubby never had a single cavity his whole life...but no they took after me in the cavity department!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

That's unusual, the first thing that came to mind was reabsorbtion as a couple others also mentioned. I read years ago that if a woman with child takes in enough calcium that the baby won't have prob.lems with wisdoms.

I've never had my wisdom teeth come in, but I've heard it's quite painful.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Wisdom teeth are a source of powerful stem cells that can be used for regenerative therapies. There are even companies that store the stem cells from your extracted wisdom teeth for a fee, of course.

Here's just one article about the value of these wisdom teeth stem cells. There is lots of information online about it.

www.upmc.com...

Well dang!
Thank you for the link. It would have been cool to do that, if I'd had the money. Now there is no opportunity...

Stupid aliens. Taking DNA...stem cells...mutter mutter.... mutter Why on earth would they want to clone ME? Or use my stupid stem cells....maybe the government stole them one night...or some black project....Ooops, Sorry. Meant to keep my muttering to myself. Now where's my tinfoil????

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Glinda

Nah. I was later teens when my wisdom teeth showed up on the X-rays as being developed. That was a good guess though. No. No pulled wisdom teeth.

The weird thing is that my roots had so much trouble reabsorbing - its like they couldn't do it, so they had to be pulled. Ouch. Twelve teeth over a couple year's time. No fun! So I'm wondering how the wisdom teeth could have been reabsorbed if I couldn't do it as a child...

That was good thinking though!! Better than my *wink* aliens!!

- AB

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: AboveBoard
Maybe the aliens raided your wisdom teeth for stem cells to help you with your Hodgkin's Disease?

That would've been awesome, except they didn't follow through on the cancer treatment... I had chemo.
But I went into remission and never went back.

Keep the guesses coming people!!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Regular Dentists dont remove wisdom teeth, I just went through this with my son. He called every dentist within 30 miles. If someone took them out, alien or otherwise, I promise you, you would certainly know. Especially if they dig them out. I suspect he either confused them with other teeth, of somehow mixed up xrays. It sounds like human error to me. Thats the beauty of xrays now, There is no developing them anymore. You see them in real time.
Im surprised he didnt keep your old xrays on file for comparasin

I didn't keep the X-rays because I was a minor and we moved, and then I didn't have a dentist anymore. I didn't have records transferred. That's why we are in the gray area - I have zero proof of this other than it being my experience. I really wish I DID have them!!

Human error is a much more rational guess than aliens. Not nearly as fun, but much more rational.

- AB

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
AB, maybe you're the alien! LOL

Interesting thread. Never heard of this before!

Nah. Some people might agree with that... Not me, of course, I know my parentage. I am weird enough, however, so.... ???

- AB

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Yeah, I remember NOT looking forward to it. So that part is in my memory too - I was sitting there relieved that I could put it off for a few years.

My husband (my boyfriend back then) had his taken out as a teen and MAN was it rough!!! I felt very lucky, and quite surprised, that I wouldn't have to do that too!!

- AB

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

Yeah, it wouldn't have been pretty for me either... Sorry your kids have to go through all that - its no fun!!

My kids teeth look good so far...I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!! They got lucky!

- AB

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Did he do a whole head xray? I have some relatives whose wisdom teeth moved across all the roots (killing them) of all their molars. Perhaps your wisdom teeth are traveling across your jaws.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: NotThat

Wow! Never heard of that one before. I've had other X-rays since then (this was a long time ago) and they would have caught it if something like that were going on...

Interesting suggestion!

- AB

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I still have one wisdom tooth after having four pulled.
Funny thing is the dentist asked me if I had ever been shot.
There was what appeared to be a buckshot pellet in my skull.
Most likely "Aliens."

edit on 12-6-2016 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: research100

Yeah, it wouldn't have been pretty for me either... Sorry your kids have to go through all that - its no fun!!

My kids teeth look good so far...I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!! They got lucky!

- AB

thanks...that was many many years ago, and yes it was no fun for them or us the parents,knowing you have to do something that will cause them pain, and you have to do it....

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Slightly off topic, or maybe not...I have a family member whose tonsils have been removed.
They have no memory of a surgery ever being performed.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I was blessed with not having wisdom teeth, or so I thought. I was told for years I did not have wisdom teeth and like you saw the x-rays to confirm I did not have them. However, I went to a new dentist who used a different type of x-ray machine that does the whole head x-ray. They found I did have one wisdom tooth, however this thing is in my upper jaw, very small, and quite high up. Not only that, the tooth is pointing up, not down despite being in my upper jaw. So, I have one wisdom tooth that is tiny tiny and upside down. I was told it would just remain there and not to worry about it.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
i still have one of my wisdom teeth that doesnt bother me im from another universe!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Belcastro
i still have one of my wisdom teeth that doesnt bother me im from another universe!

I still have one that doesn't bother me. I do catch myself playing my tongue over it when I'm in deep thought.
In conjunction with beard stroking.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: Belcastro

I still have one that doesn't bother me. I do catch myself playing my tongue over it when I'm in deep thought.
In conjunction with beard stroking.

What else would a man do with a wisdom tooth??

Does it make you wiser??? I've always been curious.... Hey....wait a minute.

What if the REMOVAL of WISDOM TEETH is all a plot by TPTB!!!! What if they are taking away our hard-earned WISDOM!!!

Oops. Sorry. Went a little tinfoil there. Must be those missing teeth...
edit on 14-6-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Unlikely but this kind of thing could happen

Anterograde amnesia is a loss of the ability to create new memories after the event that caused the amnesia, leading to a partial or complete inability to recall the recent past, while long-term memories from before the event remain intact.

...possibly an effect of being given anesthesia. Again unlikely that the presence and removal wouldn't be in your dental records. The dentist let me keep my wisdom teeth. I kept them in a specimen jar in saline for the longest time. Don't know where they are now, having moved and remarried.

Maybe the OP could do a summary, bullet point list, from most likely to least?

Good luck!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick7
Unlikely but this kind of thing could happen

Anterograde amnesia is a loss of the ability to create new memories after the event that caused the amnesia, leading to a partial or complete inability to recall the recent past, while long-term memories from before the event remain intact.

...possibly an effect of being given anesthesia. Again unlikely that the presence and removal wouldn't be in your dental records. The dentist let me keep my wisdom teeth. I kept them in a specimen jar in saline for the longest time. Don't know where they are now, having moved and remarried.

Maybe the OP could do a summary, bullet point list, from most likely to least?

Good luck!

Hm. Well my parents were just as shocked as I was. They would remember even if I'd forgotten. I'm 100% sure I didn't have it done.

That's a cool reference, though! Sounds like you had a doozy of a time...if you could remember it!!!

- AB

Ooh. Bullet-point list... Hm...

Most Likely to least likely:
Somehow my body reabsorbed all four of them
Human error (but I really doubt my dentist pulled the wrong x-rays - he'd known me since early childhood)
Alien intervention (I say that tongue in cheek, but hey...who knows?)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join