It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Case of the Missing Wisdom Teeth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

All things considered, i'd typically chalk it up to erroneous memory. Human memory tends to not be as good as we want to think.

I know, and that really is the most rational explanation. Bad memory.

My mom isn't around to help me remember those details anymore, but she probably would have. I do remember telling her about it though, and she thought it was weird too. We always just sort of shrugged our shoulders about it. (Then again, is that a bad memory in and of itself?? Argh!)

Its more fun to think 'aliens' than a crappy brain. lol!

Maybe the Tooth Fairy IS and Alien!!!! Holy cow. I think I'm on to something!!!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Wow that is strange. I can't think of where they went. At least you did not have to pay to have them pulled!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: CranialSponge
I just had a crazy thought.

Is it possible for the body to absorb underdeveloped teeth, almost like a calcium absorption type thing ?

I'm no orthodontic genius by any definition, so take it for what it's worth.... just thought I'd toss that out there.

If not, then...

aliens.

Its called tooth resorption, and it is not really all that common.....but yes, it does happen.

en.wikipedia.org...

The thing is, 4 teeth, all reabsorbed without a trace, is somewhat improbable. Unless AB's ability to reabsorb mineralized tissue is more prodigious than the average bear.

Well, I AM above average, as well as being AboveBoard... Or at least it would be good to be above average in SOMETHING...

Tooth absorption? I'll take it!

I did have Hodgkin's disease at the time, and my bloodwork was pretty messed up. I wondered if my teeth were raided for needed nutrition. I wasn't starving myself, mind you, but my diet was limited (poor college student) and my body was needing all it could get (I was getting thinner).

Thanks for looking that up, BFFT!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: CranialSponge
I just had a crazy thought.

Is it possible for the body to absorb underdeveloped teeth, almost like a calcium absorption type thing ?

I'm no orthodontic genius by any definition, so take it for what it's worth.... just thought I'd toss that out there.

If not, then...

aliens.

Its called tooth resorption, and it is not really all that common.....but yes, it does happen.

en.wikipedia.org...

The thing is, 4 teeth, all reabsorbed without a trace, is somewhat improbable. Unless AB's ability to reabsorb mineralized tissue is more prodigious than the average bear.

That's what I was wondering, because the chances are (at the time of the xrays) that the wisdom teeth weren't actually fully formed teeth yet and were only just beginning to develop, alerting the dentist that they've started at a young age and thus would most likely need to be removed down the road.

But maybe they never fully developed and instead, got absorbed by the body over several years ?

No doubt I'm probably way off in left field on this thought process... but I like thinking outside the box when it comes to life's crazy mysteries.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Not crazy at all!

It would be a very rare thing, if almost unheard of, apparently, for four teeth to be reabsorbed like that, but I had a major illness brewing at the time. It was prior to chemo that this was discovered, so the meds didn't have anything to do with it either.

I dunno. Kind alien surgeons are a way more fun answer, but reabsorption or bad memory are the two major contenders for the real-life answer.

(Everyone knows I'm joking about the alien thing, right??)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Wow that is strange. I can't think of where they went. At least you did not have to pay to have them pulled!

Nor did I have the pain involved!! I had plenty of teeth pulled as a kid because my roots wouldn't dissolve from my baby teeth. Fun times!

(Which makes it even weirder if my wisdom teeth were dissolved, because I had such a hard time with even normal tooth loss as a kid!)

- AB

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Reabsorbing all four isn't so strange.

I reabsorbed my head, left arm and nipple once... but they reappeared, eventually, and that was in the 80's when anything went, and I might've been experimenting at the time, too.

Eta: but really, AB ... if accurately recalled, then one more head scratcher... a quad re-absorption is ... almost as improbable as alien dentists or ripples through the dimensions.

Thinking about it, perhaps dimensional ripples aren't so very uncommon!

edit on 6/11/2016 by Baddogma because: add

edit on 6/11/2016 by Baddogma because: a once removed and an it added

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
i would just make sure i got a periodic checkup to ensure the roots are not beginning to have issues. As a child, tooth resorption is natural, and part of the process. In an adult, its pathological and needs investigation. The timeframe of your wisdom teeth disappearing is kind of in that in between phase where physically you are just enttering adulthood.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I once reabsorbed my head, left arm and nipple once... but they reappeared, eventually, and that was in the 80's when anything went, and I might've been experimenting at the time, too.

I knew there was a reason why Duran Duran and Milli Vanilli were bad for our health....

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Hmm my instinct it to suspect the dentist....wanted to charge a fee fro 4 teeth!

I know I'm a miserable distrusting person

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I was born without wisdom teeth

Same here, very happy about it.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Wisdom teeth are a source of powerful stem cells that can be used for regenerative therapies. There are even companies that store the stem cells from your extracted wisdom teeth for a fee, of course.

Here's just one article about the value of these wisdom teeth stem cells. There is lots of information online about it.

www.upmc.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Could be Mandela Effect.

Or, alien abduction.

Damn you. You beat me to Mandela.

In this timeline he didn't have them. Obvious proof.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
i have never had my wisdom teeth pulled, that is something you would never forget!
yet i cant feel anything back there and they have never given me any problem, so...
i dont know for sure.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
You said (up thread) that you HAD teeth pulled (baby teeth, that had root issues). Could the wisdom teeth have been pulled (you we're probably 9-12 yrs old) under the locals done for the root procedures. And you just don't remember?

Is your childhood dentist still in practice or (thru the ADA) could you find out who took over that dentists practice (w/records as well).

That would be my best guess.

Now for me...I have my wisdom teeth (still) and a Neanderthal "bony ridge" that makes dental anesthetics twice as tricky (I get double dosed and I'm numb for hours). But that's for another thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Maybe the aliens raided your wisdom teeth for stem cells to help you with your Hodgkin's Disease?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Regular Dentists dont remove wisdom teeth, I just went through this with my son. He called every dentist within 30 miles. If someone took them out, alien or otherwise, I promise you, you would certainly know. Especially if they dig them out. I suspect he either confused them with other teeth, of somehow mixed up xrays. It sounds like human error to me. Thats the beauty of xrays now, There is no developing them anymore. You see them in real time.
Im surprised he didnt keep your old xrays on file for comparasin

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Most likely, of course, would be a mix-up in the old x-rays, but darned if I wouldn't want to track those down! Has to be a way.

I know I don't have some, but not sure about all. Never an issue, so likely, none.

edit on 11-6-2016 by LadyGreenEyes because: typo

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
AB, maybe you're the alien! LOL

Interesting thread. Never heard of this before!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I'm not sure why they would be missing, unless you were abducted by aliens and they stole your teeth...or something.

However, I would consider it a blessing as Ive heard it is a painful ordeal. I'm 39 now and never got my wisdom teeth. It's rare to not get them, but it happens. We are lucky!
edit on 11-6-2016 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join