It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spooky and strange stories of ATS members sharing thread!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I have had confirmation of my experience by someone I met recently at a Fb group meet. He lives on the road mentioned in my story and I feel relief knowing it was a genuine experience and not my mind playing tricks. He told me lots of weird things happen in that area and he was unaware of the civil war hangings so it shed some light on things he has experienced too. The school has been struck by lightening twice and burnt down within a few years and all the kids go to the exchange as a dare.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
This story happened when my brother and I were young and still living at home.

My brother is a no nonsense type who doesn't really believe in much. He came home one night, and started to head up to his room. As he started up the stairs, he saw me on the landing, which is the space on the stairs before they change direction. He asked me what I was doing up so late. He looked back down at his feet to start walking up the stairs, and when he looked back up I was gone. He ran up into my room and discovered I was asleep and wearing different clothes than he had just seen me in.

I had something similar happen.

After I'd inherited a house from my mother, I rented it out to a friend of mine and his wife.

They were in the shower together.. hubba hubba and they both heard me shouting his name "Chris! Chris!" over and over again so they went out and looked around.

I was not there at that that time and never went to the house and shouted his name. They were certain that it was my voice, but there was no one there, and no one at the door or anything.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Had an engineer friend tell me that when he was in high school, they'd gone on a dare to an abandoned church that was widely rumored to have been desecrated and being used for 'alternate worship' now by the local Satanist group.

They had brought a 35mm camera and some adult beverages, intending to go start a bonfire, camp out and swill beers whilst having a good time.

The fire, however, wasn't going to stay lit, there were some alarming noises, and they got spooked, abandoned the cooler and ran for it. On the way out, they ran into an old crank-up well they'd missed, knocking one of them down and scuffing up a couple others. My friend didn't recall seeing it on the way in, so he got a flash pic of them standing around the well. They came back the next day and found the cooler, and some stuff they'd dropped on the way out when they hit the well. Only no well.

The film showed them standing around an empty space with minor injuries. There's no well there.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
LOL,I had a night supervisor tell me when he was 8 yrs old,he saw a giant pigs head in his window,he said was scariest thing ,said he got a spankin for not being in bed,but was scared to go into his room

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
As a kid of around four or five, my Dad worked second shift from 3pm to 11pm, so my sister and I were home with our Mom. Mom would put music on our huge Magnavox console stereo and go back to the kitchen to make dinner, leaving sis and I to "dance" in the living room. Dancing usually consisted of spinning in circles, getting dizzy, and then watching ourselves flop around in the blank screen of our tv set. TV was off.

It was late afternoon in winter so although there was light coming in a window, it was faint and getting slightly dark outside. My sister ran out of the living room to go get something to eat while I continued to dance. I looked up into the blank tv screen in front of me and saw a man standing behind me, and behind our couch.

I was instantly terrified, knowing Dad was at work, ran down the hall and into the kitchen and hollered to my Mom that there was a man in the living room! Her face told me how scary that news was to her. She shoved little sister and I into the corner where the phone was and called a neighbor (man) to please come search the house. He did and found nothing. The neighbor searched outside as well and found no foot prints in the snow. They sat me down and questioned me about what I saw. I simply told them I saw a man behind our couch. They looked at each other puzzled because there was only about a three or four inch gap between the couch and the wall. We never figured it out!

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Ok, I am going to contribute to this great thread.

This happened when I was about 19 i think, in the house where I grew up. I was sitting on the couch in the living room, reading a book, and waiting for my parents to return home from church one sunday afternoon. It was a sunny day, as I recall, and I was alone in the house.

Suddenly I heard my parents outside the house, talking, and walking up the stairs to our front door. Then they opened the door, and then inexplicably, the house went totally silent.

I remember being puzzled, but not especially alarmed by this, which I guess is also a bit strange. So, I got up and went out into the hall to see if there was anyone there, but there was no one. This, of course, was very strange. I even looked outside, but there was nobody there at all. The house is in a pretty rural area, so the nearest house is some distance away. The road was also quite empty.

When I got back to the living room I looked out, and now I could see my parents coming down the road towards our house. When they were finally outside and coming inside, they proceeded to make the exact same sequence of sounds that I had heard earlier, only this time, the sounds didn't stop when they got in, like they had the first time.

I will never forget it, and I have no logical explanation of how I could hear the sounds that my parents would make later, a full couple of minutes before they actually would be able to produce them.

I told them the whole story when they got in, and we shared some puzzled looks.
The experience was very strange, but not in the least scary for some reason. I guess the sounds were so familiar, in a way, that they did not scare me.

BT

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Currently happening

at the end of the bed at night is slight movement like someone's sitting down or like a cat is scratching itself but I don't have a cat it like a weight that shifts... feeling that if I look into the bathroom mirror I will see something behind me general bad feel about bathroom upstairs crawlspace.
Girlfriend had a dream I got locked in the same bathroom with 2 other people she called demons even though I had never spoken to her about my feelings of uneasiness or that I think paranormal is present.

Had a friend visit and as she walked up the stairs she turned to me and casually said " a spirit just passed into the wall " it was so matter of fact but I had never mentioned to her about any paranormal stuff ever and it was her first time being at my house.

Footsteps upstairs at night that when I go up to check if maybe the dog managed to get inside but there is nothing around, dog is still downstairs in the back yard, Girlfriend is still in bed asleep.

Feelings of uneasiness while sleeping.. The times my brother stayed with me he said he felt like things were staring at him and that he felt the presence of something in the room with him.
And the time my mother stayed and said she seen lights floating in the forest like if someone had a torch but 15+ feet in the air flitting through the trees.

Heard a soothing womans voice that what I felt to be angelic.. clear as day saying "he isn't ready" I have never heard such a comforting sound as that voice, there was no fear at all only a warmth.

The thing is none of it feels evil? Just kinda weird and unnerved because strange entities I do not know roam around my house.

I know the people who built the house it's only like 15 years old and no recorded history of violence on the land?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I love threads like this – this is ATS at its best, but this one seems to have stalled for a few weeks…

Maybe we can get it fired-up again!

I have had four distinct “paranormal” experiences in my life and a couple of other episodes (like this one) that -- while definitely weird, probably don’t cross that threshold. I’ve written about most of them here over the years already, so forgive me in advance if you’ve already read this account from my youth.

When I was a boy, my family lived in Palm Springs, California in the desert southwest of the United States (for our non-US members). I had a friend on my street who was my age (10 or 11 at the time) and who shared my sense of boyish adventure and mischief. We became the notorious default suspects anytime something went wrong in our admittedly upper middle class neighborhood.

My friend’s dad had a beautiful motorhome. From time to time, I would be invited to go along for a “boys’ weekend” at one of the local national parks. I absolutely loved going on these outings. I loved exploring the outdoors, hiking, and being in the wide-open spaces.

It was about this time of the year -- either Spring Break (back then it was Easter Vacation) or close to it. I was invited to go for a weekend trip to one of several national parks surrounding the Coachella Valley. I am not 100% sure which one -- in my mind, I see Joshua Tree National Park, but I could be wrong about that. I’m pretty sure this was 1975...

What I do remember is that my friend’s dad always had these out-of-the way spots picked out where he could park his RV with nary another camper in sight. The RV was fairly self-contained and a small group like ours could go for several days without services.

We parked on a level spot in the foothills. Below our elevation was a vast flat desert “wash” that went on for miles. We arrived late in the afternoon as the seasonal thunderstorms that pound the desert that time of the year were forming up against the slopes of San Jacinto.

A couple hours after we arrived, the monsoonal rains came in fast and heavy. The downpours left the desert wash below us flowing like a river. In between squalls, we boys would run down to the flowing wash (very stupid, BTW), and jump around in the warm sandy water. Then the thunder would rumble in the distance and we’d run back up the hill to the RV soaking wet and laughing like fools.

As the light was fading we were sitting having our dinner and chatting about the hike we were planning for the morning. At a certain point, my friend’s dad became quiet as we boys continued to chatter on. He was looking out the window toward the wash.

Moments later he stood up and peered out the window through binoculars. There was a whispered, but very audible, four-letter word uttered and he abruptly ordered us boys to stay put. Down the hill, he walked toward the wash still flowing in spots. My friend picked up the binoculars, looked through them, and then handed them to me asking, “What is that?”

It looked like a big monkey had washed down the valley and was laying now feet away from my friend’s dad. Its face was dark, its limbs askew, it appeared to be quite fat. It was clearly dead.

My friend’s dad sprinted back to the RV. He immediately sat in the driver seat, not saying a word to us boys who were firing questions at him faster than anyone could have answered. He was clearly freaked out.

Back then mobile communications were all by CB – “citizen’s band radio”. He was able to contact someone using that radio and ultimately the Riverside County Sheriff’s Office. As he communicated with the Sheriff, we were filled in on the facts. The “monkey” was a decomposed human body.

Within a short period of time several police and other official vehicles were parked around our campsite, some with spotlights pointing down toward the body about 500 feet away – right where us boys had been splashing around earlier.

The corpse was sealed in a body bag and taken away while my friend’s dad was talking to the Sheriff. We boys were terrified. I remember my teeth chattering.

When my friend’s dad returned to the RV and all the cops were gone, he did his best to calm us down and explain everything he could. It worked. We calmed down and began to play games. My friend’s dad drank a couple of beers. At a certain point, he decided it was time to go to bed so we’d be well-rested for our hike in the morning.

I was fast asleep when I heard a series of abrupt noises. I heard my friend’s dad yell some exclamation that sounded like “NO!”, the door to the RV slam shut, and the motor start. Before I knew what was happening we were in motion and he was yelling at us to come forward and sit in the seats.

He refused to tell us why we were all of a sudden in motion. He didn’t speak. We drove all the way back to Palm Springs that night. He refused to tell us why. He was white, sweating, shaking…

Years went by before I learned the truth, and in retrospect, I’m glad I was an adult when I heard what had really happened that night.

When I was 20 I visited my friends on a break from college. After a few beers and some reminiscing, it occurred to me to ask my friend’s dad about the desert “episode” years before. He was very quiet for a few moments, took a deep breath, and told us what had really happened.

After we boys had gone to bed, he had stepped out of the RV to relieve himself. The moon was now bright and the desert floor visible for hundreds of feet below. He looked out toward where the body had been hours before and froze. There standing in the moonlight was a human figure in the exact spot where the corpse had come to rest. It was dressed in what appeared to be a black suit and overcoat – something no one would wear even at night in the 80+ degree humidity.

He said he couldn’t really see the figure’s face, but it was very pale. It raised its head and peered towards him after a few seconds then simply turned and walked off under the moonlight into the open desert.

After learning the truth, my friend and I looked at each other, then at his dad, and agreed that it was probably for the best he didn’t tell us the truth when we were kids. We wouldn’t have slept for days…

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Awesome I just saw this one.

Can the 'creepy stories include narcissistic bat sh't insane ex's? lol

Sorry, I couldn't help myself

Excellent Thread and thank you for sharing, what an interesting account. The paranormal has always intrigued me

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Neith

Absolutely, lol!! I could tell stories like this all night long. So many in the family!!

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: beetee
Ok, I am going to contribute to this great thread.

This happened when I was about 19 i think, in the house where I grew up. I was sitting on the couch in the living room, reading a book, and waiting for my parents to return home from church one sunday afternoon. It was a sunny day, as I recall, and I was alone in the house.

Suddenly I heard my parents outside the house, talking, and walking up the stairs to our front door. Then they opened the door, and then inexplicably, the house went totally silent.

I remember being puzzled, but not especially alarmed by this, which I guess is also a bit strange. So, I got up and went out into the hall to see if there was anyone there, but there was no one. This, of course, was very strange. I even looked outside, but there was nobody there at all. The house is in a pretty rural area, so the nearest house is some distance away. The road was also quite empty.

When I got back to the living room I looked out, and now I could see my parents coming down the road towards our house. When they were finally outside and coming inside, they proceeded to make the exact same sequence of sounds that I had heard earlier, only this time, the sounds didn't stop when they got in, like they had the first time.

I will never forget it, and I have no logical explanation of how I could hear the sounds that my parents would make later, a full couple of minutes before they actually would be able to produce them.

I told them the whole story when they got in, and we shared some puzzled looks.
The experience was very strange, but not in the least scary for some reason. I guess the sounds were so familiar, in a way, that they did not scare me.

BT

Déjà vu reading your post
I had almost the same thing happen about 30 years ago. I was at home on a week day afternoon and heard my mom's car come up the hill, then the garage door opening automatically from her remote like always, and heard the airy sound of the car going in the garage, then the door closing, then silence. After 3 or 4 minutes of no one coming inside the house I get up, go down stairs, open the garage door and nothing in there. I go outside and walk to the edge of the driveway overlooking the down hill long driveway and see her car coming up the road to the driveway..

Strangest thing! I tell everyone about it and they just shrugged not really believing anything odd happened.

Sort of like some kind of doppelganger effect?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Absolutely, lol!! I could tell stories like this all night long. So many in the family!!

haha Indeed! Are you sure you aren't my Sister from another Mother in another Universe?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neith

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

haha Indeed! Are you sure you aren't my Sister from another Mother in another Universe?

Never know! Could be related, really, considering I have family I don't even know. Any in the SE?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Some in the North, most in the UK.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neith

Some in the North, most in the UK.

Ah. I have family all over the place. Lots in the SE, but ancestors from Scotland, Germany, and other places in Europe, so still possible, lol! Had one person I argued with, on an old site, who was likely related, when we started comparing family trees. He wasn't happy, lol!!
edit on 4-5-2017 by LadyGreenEyes because: my keyboard hates me....

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Very weird. It never became a big deal in our family either. Everyone was slightly bemused by the whole thing, but not freaked out in any way.

Pretty cool that two such nearly identical stories crop up in this thread. Makes me wonder if this is actually pretty commonplace, and people just shrug it off and soldier on.

But when you stop for a bit and consider the implications of what happened in these two instances, the implications are really quite profound.

It just is not possible that this should happen as we both apparently experienced it.

Either our perception of reality is not as solid as we like to think, or reality is far more mysterious than we are comfortable with.

Thanks for sharing :-)

BT
edit on 5-5-2017 by beetee because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2017 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Squirlli

really good stories.

this is the funniest story. especially this bit 'now it's a zombie screw that'.

i think you should go back and see if the body is there.
edit on 49Monday29ppAmerica/Chicago292949 by slippeddisc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

i've been on ATS for years now and this is the best thread i've read and im only on page 4!!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: slippeddisc

i've been on ATS for years now and this is the best thread i've read and im only on page 4!!

Glad to hear it! Wish it had more traffic.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

i know, theres been some brilliant stories, i'll still keep my eye out on this thread.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join