It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science says liberals, not conservatives, are psychotic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
A special report from 2012 is being challenged and the claims are the report is backwards.

The memes that came out seemed to paint Conservatives as psychotics.

The challenge says Liberals are psychotics.

One basis for this is the levels of authoritarianism used by traditional Liberal (Left Wing) authorities verses traditional Conservative levels.

Might make sense since genuine Conservatives are all about less authority in government.

There are some other factors to, so read the article and maybe look at the original.

Many people seem to be confusing American Republicans as automatically Conservative.

Fact is however, most Federal level Republicans are all about authority, just not as much as American Democrats.

Authoritarian levels should be ranked by how all the authoritarian policies affect the majority of citizens.

Science says liberals, not conservatives, are psychotic

Turns out liberals are the real authoritarians.

A political-science journal that published an oft-cited study claiming conservatives were more likely to show traits associated with “psychoticism” now says it got it wrong. Very wrong.

The American Journal of Political Science published a correction this year saying that the 2012 paper has “an error” — and that liberal political beliefs, not conservative ones, are actually linked to psychoticism.

“The interpretation of the coding of the political attitude items in the descriptive and preliminary analyses portion of the manuscript was exactly reversed,” the journal said in the startling correction.

edit on Jun-11-2016 by xuenchen because: who is really psychotic

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Thank God that argument is settled.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Liberals are certainly neurotic. Psychotic may be a bit of a stretch in most cases.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Anyone who subscribes to a mode of thought enough that they can define their beliefs as hot or cold is psychotic.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Already posted.

And you forgot the part where Conservatives are neurotic...

Thread Here

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
"According to a survey conducted by Pace University in 2004, the Post was rated the least-credible major news outlet in New York, and the only news outlet to receive more responses calling it "not credible" than credible (44% not credible to 39% credible).[37]"

en.wikipedia.org...-37
appserv.pace.edu...

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
this is from a..."political"....science journal...much different from actual science courses, study, or science journals...and if you do not know the difference, my post will not make a difference.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Whichever way you cut it, it's stupid. I dare say, scientists have their own fair share of psychotics, a bit like the pot calling the kettle black..... really only useful around election time.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

It is pretty obvious just by observation also. If you look at any of these political rallies or speeches with rooms full of liberals, just look at the crowd. Look at most of their faces. They have this glazed, delusional, blank, lost, confused, empty look to them, something seriously is mentally wrong there. I have noticed this in all of these events.

Here is an example of the liberal mental illness and lack of sense of reality and logic.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 11-6-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Why would Right Wingers believe this finding from "science", yet can't take the time to understand the science of climate change?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Liberals are certainly neurotic. Psychotic may be a bit of a stretch in most cases.

Nah. Not according to this study. They are saying they "flipped" the results by accident.

Liberals are supposed to be higher on the psychotic scale. Conservatives are higher on the neurotic scale.

*shrugs*

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The most evidence of psychosis I see, is the conservatives thinking Trump can pull off a victory in the general election.

But if you wanna see crazy...wait until Donald bails and the GOP brings in a neocon replacement.

They will look like this guy....

edit on 11-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
The most evidence of psychosis I see, is the conservatives thinking Trump can pull of a victory in the general election.

Do NOT underestimate the sheer idiocy of a large segment of this country.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

The most evidence of psychosis I see, is the conservatives thinking Trump can pull of a victory in the general election.

If Sanders runs as an independent, Trump just might. Psychotic... I know.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Do NOT underestimate the sheer idiocy of a large segment of this country.

Good point. Those idiots put Obama in the White House twice now.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
the more time goes on, the more I do believe that the Neo Liberals and contemporary LEFT are suffering from serious mental illness.

Saw yet ANOTHER video today of them attacking Trump supporters for just walking, and attacking cops and yelling "F the police"...while chanting "we want peace".

It's become pure lunacy and chaos. A country cannot survive this new insanity.
edit on 028pm3006America/Chicago16CDT06America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I think they're both psychotic! I have to say though, lately I think the republicans are in the lead with psycho Trump and Palin. You couldn't get anymore psychotic if Trump chose Palin as his running mate.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

That's funny!

Conservatives, bat-sh*t crazy Christians who deny the use of science are NOT psychotic? LMFAO!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
Here is an example of the liberal mental illness and lack of sense of reality and logic.

What evidence do you have that she's a liberal?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Thank God that argument is settled.

I had to laugh at that as I gazed at your avatar, best post of the night!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join