It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighting in France after England vs Russia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

So its the fault of the police and not the no talent ass clowns who started the fights..

When exactly did we, as a society, move beyond personal responsibility? Is it to much to ask that people behave themselves?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

So its the fault of the police and not the no talent ass clowns who started the fights..

When exactly did we, as a society, move beyond personal responsibility? Is it to much to ask that people behave themselves?

When it comes to hockey and football (soccer) it would seem so. They only bring disgrace to the team they're supporting. I think the harshest criticisms should come from the players themselves. Maybe between them and these hooligans mothers they can get them to calm down a trifle. Keep away the vodka for starters.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Why is no one talking about Northern Ireland vs Poland in Nice?
I am honestly so disappointed, I was looking forward to a football fest and this is just sad.

No offence but so far it looks like the violence happens around matches with GB teams. Why?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Dumbass

I do not believe for one second that English "supporters" had nothing to do with a clash like this

From the reports I'm seeing Russian "fans" have attacked England fans and the bang heard could have been a signal for the attack.
People are quick to blame England fans for the sins of the past , there are new players these days.

Russian football is notorious for this stuff.

One thing for sure looking at the pictures, Those Russian boys have taken it to a new level, They look like they have been working out for a while getting "Match fit". Some of them a HUGE.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Why is no one talking about Northern Ireland vs Poland in Nice?
I am honestly so disappointed, I was looking forward to a football fest and this is just sad.

No offence but so far it looks like the violence happens around matches with GB teams. Why?

Eh, Never with Scotland mate, The Tartan Army has a great reputation around the globe. We dont go for a fight, We go to get drunk, We go to watch our team lose in typical, close but no cigar fashion, We go to piss in yer fountain.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Damn England what happened?

Russia brought their A game.

edit on 12-6-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Putting it bluntly Great Britain along with Ireland is a violent place. There are no reprocussions to attacking someone. No guns to shoot them by the Police. When arrested sentences are not a deterrent as the offenders are often let off as the authorities try to 'understand' them. People kick off in the pubs all the time, I never see such things when in places abroad but over here it is regular.

Too be honest we do have our Celtic background. The Celts are a fiery lot. It is no accident that once we subdued the Scots and Irish, amalgamated their fighting forces into our British Army plus sent millions of them to settle in other parts of the world (and millions to England too) that we immediately gained the greatest Empire the world has ever seen.

From what I've read about (Appalacian I think) areas in the USA where large Scots Irish settlement took place it is similar and when the bars empty it all kicks off there too

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I was wondering if it's a conspiracy, like they get targeted more from eastern europeans?
But just a cultural thing seems plausible.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I was wondering if it's a conspiracy, like they get targeted more from eastern europeans?
But just a cultural thing seems plausible.

Yeah know where you are coming from. They were targeted by Russian gangs by the look of things. Let's face it, after facing off the USSR for half a century causing it to lose its Empire, then today putting Russia under sanctions and all the Moscow propaganda on how Russia is being encircled by the west, it's no surprise Russians have got it in for Brits.

Add to that much of the locals in Marseilles are of Arab descent, Britain is not exactly loved in the Arab world after invading and bombing it flat over the past twenty years.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Putting it bluntly Great Britain along with Ireland is a violent place. There are no reprocussions to attacking someone. No guns to shoot them by the Police. When arrested sentences are not a deterrent as the offenders are often let off as the authorities try to 'understand' them. People kick off in the pubs all the time, I never see such things when in places abroad but over here it is regular.

Too be honest we do have our Celtic background. The Celts are a fiery lot. It is no accident that once we subdued the Scots and Irish, amalgamated their fighting forces into our British Army plus sent millions of them to settle in other parts of the world (and millions to England too) that we immediately gained the greatest Empire the world has ever seen.

From what I've read about (Appalacian I think) areas in the USA where large Scots Irish settlement took place it is similar and when the bars empty it all kicks off there too

Utter tosh...
If you have a look at the "Celtic" nations you will find 3, two of which are in the UK, (Scotland and Wales), one being an independent country ROI. (The Republic of Ireland)....We could go farther and bring in the Catalonians and various other Europeans Nations with a Celtic Background, but we wont.

So far what we have seen in France are two Saxon Nations, (well one Saxon, the other a wannabe Saxon nation) involved in the fighting..ie. England and Northern Ireland.

The Celts (Scots Irish (ROI) and Welsh) know how to behave themselves abroad. All this Fighting Irish and Scots pish is just made up Hollywood and Pinewood nonsense.

Yeah the Romans got as far as Aberdeen then retreated back south and built a couple of walls to keep the Picti from carrying out guerrilla tactics, but only after beating the # out of us atMons Graupius..

History lesson over. Please Leave the Civilized Celts out of this naughty Sasunnoch football violence thread.
edit on 12-6-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Most English people are descended from Celts. Since the mid nineteenth century loads of Celts have come here to live from Scotland and Ireland. Most 'English' people have plenty of recent Celtic blood in them from this recent immigration and this probably helps to explain the fans being predisposed to violence. The Celts whichever way you like at it are a fiery warlike race.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
It does look like at least on two occasions the French ultras may have been responsible for provoking the English. And in a seperate incident, the Irish and Polish were drinking together in a bar and again the French ultras created trouble.

I'm not denying that English fans have been known for hooliganism, but it looks like at least in some of these recent incidents the French hooligans provoked the fights outside the stadium.

regarding last night's match, it's clear it was the Russian fans who attacked the English.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Most English people are descended from Celts. Since the mid nineteenth century loads of Celts have come here to live from Scotland and Ireland. Most 'English' people have plenty of recent Celtic blood in them from this recent immigration and this probably helps to explain the fans being predisposed to violence. The Celts whichever way you like at it are a fiery warlike race.

A true Celt would never dream of singing Rule Britannia. Though as you say, maybe we have devised a plan to "Rule Britannia" by breading the Sasunnach out them.

Once again good old Celtic Guerrilla tactics coming into play..Pump and...eh,... hit and run

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
When you consider that most of the proper hools have banning orders on them in the uk and that the area the Russians went for was broadly a family friendly zone it's damn lucky a bunch of people didn't die.

The real trouble will come between Poland, Ukraine and Russia.
They are the grade A nutters these days.

Why does it happen to uk teams? History. For years our teams were tainted by this stuff and people from abroad want the kudos of having beaten the English...even though they haven't taken on the real firms because they just can't travel these days.

What particularly worries me is how people got explosives and weapons into the ground. It's supposed to be high security...makes you wonder if some idiots with suicide vests will find it any tougher.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Under normal circumstances, I'd agree with you. But, as I've said in my first post on this thread, what on earth were you expecting, when the media all over the world, spread hate among this young people.

If you don't want to blame the police for not doing their job and insuring everyone's safety, then, I guess our society is to blame as well. There's no personal responsibility, when your head is being filled with hatred against the other side.

How can you ask those people to behave themselves, when it's practically cold war 2.

As I have said many times in the past, you obviously have no clue what's really going on in Europe.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

The French police is to blame here, for not reading the situation properly, and not taking proper action, to insure the safety of all the people attending this match

The Russian Ultra's are to blame here , this was an organized attack by mindless idiots intent on mayhem.
UEFA have said they are investigating and has opened disciplinary proceedings against Russia for crowd disturbances and racist behaviour, no investigation has been announced into England fans behavior.

Questions do need to be asked about the lack of a police presence inside the stadium but that doesn't mean they are to blame.

And come on guys, it's just a fight. Nothing new.

No it's something old and something that should not be excused.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Here's how Celts and Croatians do it.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
What absolute rubbish about the Celt fans being peaceful.

I've witnessed many provocations and pro-IRA songs and fighting by such supporters.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

As I've said in my previous post; all you guys from the US have no idea what's the situation here in Europe like.

It's going to be a fun day tomorrow, with Croatia-Turkey game ahead of us; where those sick turks celebrate their killing of one Serbian supporter a while back. It's going to be kob/serbs/greeks/russians against both turks and croats.

Let's see how the police handles that.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

As I've said in my previous post; all you guys from the US have no idea what's the situation here in Europe like.

I'm English and a football fan , I know what the situation is like.
Let's see what happens on Wednesday when Russia meet Slovakia.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join