It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on United States Taxpayers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I know people like taking the stance that, "Illegal immigration is just them trying to create division by focusing on poor people" but I disagree. There are real issues here and this is one of them.

The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on United States Taxpayers

Illegal immigration costs U.S. taxpayers about $113 billion a year at the federal, state and local level. The bulk of the costs — some $84 billion — are absorbed by state and local governments.
The annual outlay that illegal aliens cost U.S. taxpayers is an average amount per native-headed household of $1,117. The fiscal impact per household varies considerably because the greatest share of the burden falls on state and local taxpayers whose burden depends on the size of the illegal alien population in that locality
Education for the children of illegal aliens constitutes the single largest cost to taxpayers, at an annual price tag of nearly $52 billion. Nearly all of those costs are absorbed by state and local governments.
At the federal level, about one-third of outlays are matched by tax collections from illegal aliens. At the state and local level, an average of less than 5 percent of the public costs associated with illegal immigration is recouped through taxes collected from illegal aliens.
Most illegal aliens do not pay income taxes. Among those who do, much of the revenues collected are refunded to the illegal aliens when they file tax returns. Many are also claiming tax credits resulting in payments from the U.S. Treasury.

They cost us nearly 200 billion a year when you factor in the amount of money shipped to Mexico from both drugs and family payments from workers.

PBS

Estimates on how much money is sent south each year range from $10 to 30 billion. For Mexican traffickers along the Southwest border, the money is literally driven across the border in bulk amounts and then deposited into Mexican banks. "Steve," who was involved with the Mexican cartels in money laundering, explains this process.

They estimate 10-30 billion and I think they are being conservative.

U.S. Sent $54 Billion In Remittances Overseas; Mexico, China Receive Most U.S. Money

According to GAO’s analysis of the World Bank’s Bilateral Remittance Matrix, in 2014, about $25 billion was sent to Mexico, some $15 billion was sent to China, over $10 billion sent to India, and about $10 billion went to the Philippines. Other top receiving countries included Vietnam, Nigeria, Guatemala, El Salvador, Dominican Republic and Korea.

Looks like other countries are smartening up to our totally moronic leadership and jumping on the gravy train. So while the rest of you left leaning bleeding hearts want to help these countries they are costing us more than the Iraq war. Time to stop this paradigm and start smartening up.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Wow!

You are way too focused on one problem.

How much is Trump paying you to spread his propaganda?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: georgeglass

Nothing I just know a problem when I see one.

This is top 3 biggest problems in the US right behind bad trade deals and high taxes on small businesses.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I am quite useless at calculations so I need help.
Last year the US took in revenue of $3 trilllion. So what percentage of $3,000000000000 is $2,000000000?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

What about off shoring profits? That's estimated at 150B/year.
Then there's the Corporations with billion dollar profit margins that somehow get million dollar tax REFUNDS.

Insignificant because it has nothing to do with illegal immigrants I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The reason corporations have such huge profits is because they hire cheap illegal labor.

Sal

a reply to: Kali74

What about off shoring profits? That's estimated at 150B/year.
Then there's the Corporations with billion dollar profit margins that somehow get million dollar tax REFUNDS.

Insignificant because it has nothing to do with illegal immigrants I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SallieSunshine

If you read past the title of the thread and look at my last post above these you can see me addressing this issue already lol

[SNIP]
edit on 11/6/16 by argentus because: removed rude insult

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yep. This isn't the elephant in the room, it's a T-Rex.
And it's very hungry.
Trading our services from government for votes from foreigners is mighty close to treason in my book.
I remember Reagan "fixing" the problem 30 years ago.
Then Clinton "fixed" it.
Bush left the door open for 8 years.
Finally Obama installed a neon sign offering a free ride for anyone and their whole extended family.
We've spent trillions of $ only to have our welcome abused.
Don't think for a second this is being done to help people from countries with depressed economies or for anything altruistic.
It's all about increasing the debt we supposedly owe to the private bankers who control our money supply.
edit on 11-6-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Equally as bad issues which I already mentioned and separate issues.

Where did you mention such?

Attempting to derail because

You sure do like to try to control how people react to your posts. You're upset about the loss in taxes, right? So where's your posts about the largest tax dodgers? Yeah...

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: georgeglass

Nothing I just know a problem when I see one.

This is top 3 biggest problems in the US right behind bad trade deals and high taxes on small businesses.

Kali please read this post.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Exactly. The Iraq war cost us 1.6 trillion in 15 years.

Calculating our losses to illegal immigration including the drug war at 200 billion per year (low ball estimate) in 15 years that cost us 3 trillion.

That's a lot of money.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Please read mine. Corporations are actually the leading cause of lost tax revenue, you didn't mention it all.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

So you are PRO ILLEGAL immigration?

That is practically treason.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Open the border, legalize drugs, and let's incorporate the US and Mexico in to one nation. We would be a powerhouse with enough power to do whatever we wanted.

Viva la Americo!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Open the border, legalize drugs, and let's incorporate the US and Mexico in to one nation. We would be a powerhouse with enough power to do whatever we wanted.

Viva la Americo!

I am in if we can annex Canada as well.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Don't be absurd. Why are you advocating criminalizing speech?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It's called the north American union.

Are we going to 've tasked with paying for building Mexico's infrastructure and cleaning out the corruption?

No we want sovereign nations with localized power.

Centralized bloated authority doesn't work ask Europe and China

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Taxing big corporations is going tp burden our small businesses even more

Taxing business is not going to make us more productive we need to look at wall street

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: introvert

Viva la Americo!

I am in if we can annex Canada as well.

Canada is doing just fine on it's own. Mexico is whom we need to work with.
edit on 11-6-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join