It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - Needs moderation - no support

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I did leave for a while. For several years due to what I see happening now. I lurked and came back during a lull when the forum didn't seem as congested with trolls. Its not just me that feels this way, or I wouldn't have the support I do. If you were thorough with following this thread, do you not see the many other members that agree?

Nothing is meaningless. My RANT is off my chest.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: AVtech34
a reply to: reldra

An attack? Did you or did you not create a thread to insult right wingers? Put your purse down why don't you. Us mean ol "right-wingers" won't stop exercising our first amendment rights because you want us to.

When? You accuse me of 'just' having done so. You also say you are convinced I am part of the group that is 'all one person'. 'Put my purse down'? You are part of the problem described by the OP.

I think he means horrible, mean and rude posts like this:

originally posted by: Triton1128
a reply to: Harte

So you're telling me. A civilization that had no written language, and had not discovered the wheel yet. Was able to hewn stone out of quarrys from over 60 miles away to an altitude of 12,000 ft. Then somehow had the mathematical knowledge to create stonework that today trumps some of our best Stonemasons even with the use of diamond tools and lasers.

Not to mention HOW they moved 100 ton blocks. OR what tools they used to create the masterful work that we find.

Yes.

originally posted by: Triton1128You explain to me how they created the above with chicken bones and stone hammers and Ill retract my opinions.

originally posted by: HarteIt's been explained, and you can keep your opinion for as long as you want - even in the face of evidence to the contrary. Odd that you ignore centuries of metallurgy and go for the chicken bone.

There's plenty of information on your questions right here at ATS, though I realize the search function here leaves a lot to be desired.

You know, incredulity carries no weight when making an argument.

Harte

Harte

o you're telling me. A civilization that had no written language, and had not discovered the wheel yet. Was able to hewn stone out of quarrys from over 60 miles away to an altitude of 12,000 ft. Then somehow had the mathematical knowledge to create stonework that today trumps some of our best Stonemasons even with the use of diamond tools and lasers.

Not to mention HOW they moved 100 ton blocks. OR what tools they used to create the masterful work that we find.

Yes.

originally posted by: Triton1128You explain to me how they created the above with chicken bones and stone hammers and Ill retract my opinions.

originally posted by: HarteIt's been explained, and you can keep your opinion for as long as you want - even in the face of evidence to the contrary. Odd that you ignore centuries of metallurgy and go for the chicken bone.

There's plenty of information on your questions right here at ATS, though I realize the search function here leaves a lot to be desired.

You know, incredulity carries no weight when making an argument.

Thequotes are not working properly.Below is my comment:

No, that is not what the person I was replying to meant. Completely different person and thing.

Your reply to Triton1128 in that thread- I would imagine in Ancient Civilizations-, is smug, lazy and has no backup other than telling him/her to search through all of ATS for proof.
edit on 12-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Other than me you are my favorite shill on ATS.

What did you use your check on this month? (I bought beer)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
a reply to: projectvxn

Oh great, another pathetic thread ...

Oh great, another BS insult. Your whole post was framed as an insult. Which kind of proves that you don't like people having the space to share ideas without their being boxed in by trolls & naysayers who use insults. Like you just did.

You are correct Flying Thumbs up

Posts like these (below quote)

Oh great, another pathetic thread ...

That is exactly the kind of posts that I am referring to. But it is worse when it becomes personal attacks. "You're a liar" or "you're racist" or "bigot" which are false accusations to try and destroy the users credibility. I don't go around harassing members in other threads like some people do. Some members even follow you in packs of 2 or 3's and then they star one another so that others can see that people agree with them.

I observed this here on ATS with a few members. All they have in mind is search & destroy. This search & destroy mentality needs to end because it is becoming an epidemic.

Edited just to be clear on what I was referring to
edit on th2016000000Sundayth000000Sun, 12 Jun 2016 10:21:32 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoSun, 12 Jun 2016 10:21:32 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Other than me you are my favorite shill on ATS.

What did you use your check on this month? (I bought beer)

Apparently, I bought people to make threads for me on SJW topics while I was busy making my 'cover topics' like celebrity deaths, poetry and Zika. I will sneak in a thread on Masons and the NWO next time. After having a couple beers, which you will give me today and I will gladly pay you for next Tuesday.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Perfect. I will send out the Sock Puppet alert and get all of us in there to star ourselves.

Evidence must be suppressed!!!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Perfect. I will send out the Sock Puppet alert and get all of us in there to star ourselves.

Evidence must be suppressed!!!!!

They do make time and a 1/2 on Sundays. I will have to offer them stars in threads about bathrooms in return. One hand washes the other.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

They do make time and a 1/2 on Sundays.

Don't feel bad that we have a strong union.

I will have to offer them stars in threads about bathrooms in return. One hand washes the other.

I may use my other accounts to argue with myself so it is not that obvious I work for the NSA.

Oh, just and FYI, I got the satellite restasked for you. Have fun peeping on the nutters.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

They do make time and a 1/2 on Sundays.

Don't feel bad that we have a strong union.

I will have to offer them stars in threads about bathrooms in return. One hand washes the other.

I may use my other accounts to argue with myself so it is not that obvious I work for the NSA.

Oh, just and FYI, I got the satellite restasked for you. Have fun peeping on the nutters.

I think your cover is blown, in regard to the NSA. You could go in one Hillary email thread and say her emails are her business and go in another and say something about high crimes and misdemeanors. Just thinking off the top of my head.

Thank you for adjusting the satellite. Your selections on pronhub are banal at best.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I think your cover is blown, in regard to the NSA. You could go in one Hillary email thread and say her emails are her business and go in another and say something about high crimes and misdemeanors. Just thinking off the top of my head.

Perfect idea. I was thinking of doing a set of pro/anti Hillary and Trump threads. Confuse the eff out of everyone.

Thank you for adjusting the satellite. Your selections on pronhub are banal at best.

I thought you were into the midgets?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I used to post a lot and now I'm done with it for this exact reason, I also stopped commenting and even using the site because of the sad trolls

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DimensionalChange03

You used to 'post a lot'? Which of your 69 posts since this February constitute 'a lot'?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Perfect idea. I was thinking of doing a set of pro/anti Hillary and Trump threads. Confuse the eff out of everyone.

I thought you were into the midgets?

Yes, we need more of those threads. I wake up thinking 'why don't we have more???'

They like to be called Little People. That was soooo not PC. That was soooo last month. I was thinking Clinton and Trump impersonator pron. Too much?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Yes, we need more of those threads. I wake up thinking 'why don't we have more???'

Frankly, my last check was late so I slacked a bit. But I got my back pay so I am reading to roll.

They like to be called Little People. That was soooo not PC. That was soooo last month. I was thinking Clinton and Trump impersonator pron. Too much?

Sorry, I couldn't remember if I am supposed to be PC this week or whether it was last week. I do like your idea for Hillary/Donald sexy time. We may be able to repackage it as a weight loss program for additional revenue.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Frankly, my last check was late so I slacked a bit. But I got my back pay so I am reading to roll.

Sorry, I couldn't remember if I am supposed to be PC this week or whether it was last week. I do like your idea for Hillary/Donald sexy time. We may be able to repackage it as a weight loss program for additional revenue.

Ya, I don't think any of those threads were written under your 'main' account.

We need to jump on that idea fast. Further, you could become 'the crush on Hillary guy' similar to this

and I can do something like this, but about Trump:

Then I must pivot back to something like this:

CELEBRITIES EXPOSED: Satanism in the Hollywood & Music Industry (Illuminati, Masons) (Part 1 of 2)

I sent the PC/Non PC schedule out. Pay attention.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Gh0stwalker

INDEED.

Intimidation works far too well.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

If they are truly interested in the topic and not just bored browsing... they will wade deeper than sticking toes in to check temperature. Of course those just cannon balling right in havent noticed those resting calmly they just splashed all over... of course its just water but if they are pool side eating as many on this site earn their bread and butter here... gets kinda rude doncha think?

Im just that guy that sits there with the imaginary fishing rod watching, no food in the water for me but the commotion on all sides is interesting to observe as eventually all perspectives are seen. That means subjectively casting my rod and winding from time to time or else Id just be that black boy holding a nonexistant pole like a knot on a log poured like ancient concrete ps its not called lime if youve ever worked with it for nothing thats a huge hint for ancient structures wood rots gets used for fuel and floats away so naturally forms are not gonna hang around but that acid can be concentraited so much so? It disolves any kidney stone before it even gets a chance to hit a uter... what? better than that one white boy forever pissing in a fountain...

I wouldnt become to attached to the white or black usages as we are all typically slaves to something and when thats cemented in well that quite an area of grey tangle to unravel and see where that bias string making one jump is dangling... not from me, imaginary rod remember?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
OH YAY. Yeah I know how this is truly. I haven't gotten it as much around here but like the OP said It's always the SAME cheapshot one liners from the SAME blasted people. And these cheapshot oneliners tend to completely derail the thread. Simply because our dumpy race is designed for such. I have noted these people seem to search for threads for things they SPECIFICALLY disagree with. and then as I stated prior. POOF there goes your thread, no ones going to post anymore because REASONS.

One more thing, I mostly deal in extra dimensional entities, and paranormal sightings. Personally in my encounters with such entities they don't WANT proof of their existence. Call it what you will but who are we to question such things? most of these things due to their very nature cannot be 'proven' so as to sate the faulty proof lust most people have. Somethings you have to just take at face value. The OP is simply stating he/she is tired of being farted upon by these rude naysayers that literally don't add anything to the topic besides a topic derailing drive by insult. Not a disagreement like so many people have mentioned here.

An outright personal insult. It's very different. Truthfully i think this happens because humans fear change. They don't care WHAT change, but any change is bad to a human. So their default defense is to shut down the change as 'nonsense' because they are subconsciously scared. Scared of what they don't understand, what they don't WANT to understand, or what they simply disagree with and it's easier to fart all over the thread instead of offering anything that's actually CONSTRUCTIVE and not just a 'drive by insult'
edit on 12-6-2016 by Brokenmirrorpng because: Added alot of stuff

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128
a reply to: Harte

I edited and removed my comment for a reason. I realized it was not the point I was trying to make. There was no hidden motive, in fact when I saw how it could be interpreted.. I removed it.

Back when I first joined. Any topic was accepted. The worst a new member would get was " learn to use the search button " but no one was personally attacked because of how they felt, or an idea they had.

Within a year of my first post, I left for two years - being drubbed out of here - a pariah for trying to inform people.

This site - the section I post in - went completely wild and a large number of highly informed posters left shortly after I did, having given up on the militarily adamant fringers that took over the Ancient Civ section.

I returned out of boredom to find that maybe 5 or 6 new people had joined the fight against ignorance there, so I stayed.

I don't know what site you're talking about. It was then a site where anyone posting any mundane explanation was called names and ganged up on by the fringe element here. It was a desperate time to be logical.

Harte

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It's not so much the insults that drive me away, as the 'thread-jacking' that goes on. Mutual Admiration Society (MAS) as exemplified above, or just continual petty back-and-forth bickering; and, yes, the mods know about it, and choose to ignore it. There are sysadmins who can see every post and are just watching the 'action' in the 'gladiatorial pit', and they are quite amused, I can imagine. The people running this site HAVE the power to make things right, but they won't, because to them, it's 'more fun this way'. They are no better than the major news media moguls, who will let just about any garbage make the 'news'!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join