It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - Needs moderation - no support

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdChillin
a reply to: Triton1128
I'm pretty sure all of the info you seek can be found here.

Disinfo attack

Disturbing, but at least there's a motive.
There is no such motive for such tactics when the subject is ancient civilizations, which is the section Triton specifically pointed out in the post you responded to.

Harte

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
]

The best way to say "been discussed" is to link to previous discussions. If the poster has any real interest, he can at least preview what he's up against in the way of contrary evidences and arguments, which would be what thinking people are looking for in the first place.

I agree. There are several threads I commented on relating to particular topics I have an interest in, not having found any more recent ones. On most messageboards this is encouraged versus making a new thread. But then all you get is "necropost" comments having nothing to do with the topic or my question or input
edit on 14-6-2016 by vlawde because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde

I agree. There are several threads I commented on relating to particular topics I have an interest in, not having found any more recent ones. On most messageboards this is encouraged versus making a new thread. But then all you get is "necropost" comments having nothing to do with the topic or my question or input

I know, right? That's insane.
And that's coming from me - one who has on multiple occasions been identified as a government shill trying, along with every Anthropologist and government on Earth, to cover up our hidden ancient past.

Harte
edit on 6/14/2016 by Harte because: but I don't WANT to fill it out!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
Seems like what am hearing is something other than moderator duties.

Have we thought about community citizenship?

I do remember the "olden days". And it seems to me that the community cared more about the community. If someone gets blatenly and unfairly blasted or ridiculed or bullied or whatever, what is wrong with posting and standing up for your fellow members? The thread is gonna be damaged anyways. Sure, anyone can click on the report link. But it appears that the offending members are running the playground.

Shouldnt we be (forgive the verbage Bill), TBATS? (Take back ATS). Shouldnt the community as a whole be standing up for their fellow members?

Or do the bullies own the playground now and nobody wants to be in their crosshairs?

Quoted for truth. That's what I'd like to see, so here is my offer:

Dear ATSliens in need,

send me a message if you could use some support in case you're shunned for simply stating an interesting idea. Let me be your free shill for this TBATS exercise, frankness guaranteed. Mockery tends to fly back like a boomerang when I'm around pointing out simple facts, trust me.

My inbox is usually empty and more likeminded friends on board would be great. Remember: it's just a ride and you're not alone.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Awsome topical video!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Sometimes it's not that the subject of a forum is something a sceptical person thinks they're trampling upon or downplaying. Rather some of the toughest sceptics out there think there's a chance of something behind a phenomenon, but they have a rather high bar for the burden of proof.

For example, a single out of focus light in the night sky that only resolves to a few pixels isn't going to prove all that much about UFOs. To claim such stuff "proves everything" makes anyone else considering or discussing the phenomena look foolish.

Yes it's not exactly easy or all hunky-dory or whatever you want to call it, but debate and opinion are part of what makes forums like this interesting and fun. And occasionally you can pan through all the dirt and find some interesting ideas out there - maybe even some insight to the truth.

And for some topics, like politics, it's so much a matter of individual perspective I'm not sure if there's any one truth. But those also have their attraction, like what they say about pigs and mud.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Wait, so you aren't trying to hide the ancient past in conjunction with world leaders who want to keep it hidden for nefarious reasons?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Wait, so you aren't trying to hide the ancient past in conjunction with world leaders who want to keep it hidden for nefarious reasons?

Not as far as you know...

Harte

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I knew it!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

I knew it!

How dare you contradict me!
Just wait til the rest of my gang gets here!

Harte

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I am here for you

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
As all members here... there is something called community moderation to deny whatever ignorance you might want to rail against... if theres a heavy emotion going on from what one reads you are going to seed a heavy emotion right back... two trees of hate only plant themselves in the same soil called aversion. Maybe instead of posting in an emotional state it would be better to find some sort of recreational activity to relax like a count to 10 as the emotions settle perhaps then one could relax and take up a good position as to why you have the opinion opposing instead of grabbing each other by the throat that requires moderation.

It is our responsibility as individuals as adults to well behave as adults by showing well just how adult we are instead of arguing like we are still in grade school and not in class of life learning but spouting our own chosen brand of ignorance in yelling and clenched fists waiting to land a good one or a burn on someone that might make them discouraged so one can puff their chest like they won something... only for the otherside to regain steam and come back for more of the same in a ball of endless get no where in understanding called ignorance.

So hey adults if you are a responsible one prove it. If you are on the play ground shouting nothing but hurt and pain waiting for other to shout hurt and pain then know your role in that futility... and make a resolve to do better and then we wont need some parental moderator to ring the bell or make safezones etc.

Dont mind me im sitting in the next class doing home work because I have home work when I get home... or child and adult in one. Call it chore if you want... instead of homework... I didnt get paid for it so some may have called it childhood slavery... but it is what it is. PS in the past as a child I just didnt do any home work for school just too tired and recess was a welcome break to fly on a swing or monkey bar feeling free from the worlds troubles.

Toodles.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I think it depends on which civilizaton is being discussed, Harte. I understand what you're saying but unless humans were the first to live on this planet (we weren't), there are certain discussions that bring them out of the woodwork. Plus, killing credibility comes in many forms...not all are addressed in my link.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Triton1128

In the free market place of ideas this is how it works, and to support anything else would most certainly drive away many more members than the ones who lurk, and haven't enough thick skin or veracity to post.

You are trying to sound intelligent but are failing miserably.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdChillin

I think it depends on which civilizaton is being discussed, Harte. I understand what you're saying but unless humans were the first to live on this planet (we weren't), there are certain discussions that bring them out of the woodwork. Plus, killing credibility comes in many forms...not all are addressed in my link.

I have yet to see a single alternative to the mainstream's views that doesn't ignore established facts.

Speculation is fine, but that's not exactly what I was addressing there.

Any "unknown advanced civilization" would first need to BE a civilization. Then it would need to be advanced for it's time.

Of course, any Pre-Sumer civilization we find now would be advanced by definition, since no other culture would be a "civilization" along with the one found.

Outside of that, there would need to be actual evidence, not "Well, maybe the Vinca got their script from Atlantis" sort of stuff.

Start threads with "What if..." (speculation) or "Why not..." (asking for information.)
That's what's implied in the titles of most threads in that section anyway.

Do that and half my facepalms evaporate instantly.

Harte

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Well that would obviously fall under conspiracy...

I found quite early on and a lot of members do not know this... that certain forums are not for conspiracy, but actual discovery and research.

It would save a lot of members issues I think if they posted in the correct places, or get ready to defend the theorem or woo they are claiming as real where others can independently look research and verify without reaching as the person presenting should stay as objective as possible not hoping to be egad famous; that title is a pain in the ass, internet privacy becomes a very good thing in many respects unless they happen to be one of those cant get enough attention ego sorts and well its a long way down trying anything and everything trying to desperately keep it if that's all they were wanting in the first place... work stagnates, they quit producing and chase attention instead.

But anyway... yeah some forums not for woo, and so many threads of political nature definitely belong in either mud pit or ideology.

But as a member it can be changed by other members simply saying hey doesn’t belong here, of course some mods were kind enough to let me know from saying hey don't know where this fits a few times as there are a lot of forum headings.

I sincerely hope that doesn’t become the new... argument people try to make in derailing either, but do so in a sincerely honest fashion of hey not political news that is whatever wing ideology or just one political wing slinging mud at the other wing. Then the political news can actually be political news and I suppose the mud slinging could commencicon between those that like doing it in every single thread one wing or the other is mentioned.

People should note; that bird is the Eagle the government is the entire body... tearing either wing off is illegal and the damned thing called freedom cant fly with its wings tore off. Just flop helplessly on the ground going you sorry SOBs.

Anyway, good luck everyone.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

Well that would obviously fall under conspiracy...

I found quite early on and a lot of members do not know this... that certain forums are not for conspiracy, but actual discovery and research.

I want to point out that I was specifically referring to the "Ancient and Lost Civilizations" section.
There, blatant falsehoods (which appear in about half the new OPs) are far easier to point out.

I'm not willing top go down any other rabbit holes around here. I just don't have the time.

Harte

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Well, I suppose ignoring such gooseberry farm or denying it is a choice... so is that thing called reason at times.

Its a post by post thing I suppose. Not sure where people could post their woo civilization theories... although The Grey Area seems to be the reach as far as you want go to in Wooville thread, at least that's what Heff said when he was kind enough to list them out, in the serious to "out there" speculation types.

I was speaking more to the rant itself... and what people can do expecting moderation... than to the OP and Your specific issue.

But hey its mud and quarried bricks quarries and the like exist and well some rock breaks pretty clean on fracture points... small holes and copper or bronze wedges can cause specific fractures as clean as any laser cut.

So... people thinking these things were cut into that final shape instead of fractured in that shape is the issue.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

Well, I suppose ignoring such gooseberry farm or denying it is a choice... so is that thing called reason at times.

Its a post by post thing I suppose. Not sure where people could post their woo civilization theories... although The Grey Area seems to be the reach as far as you want go to in Wooville thread, at least that's what Heff said when he was kind enough to list them out, in the serious to "out there" speculation types.

I was speaking more to the rant itself... and what people can do expecting moderation... than to the OP and Your specific issue.

But hey its mud and quarried bricks quarries and the like exist and well some rock breaks pretty clean on fracture points... small holes and copper or bronze wedges can cause specific fractures as clean as any laser cut.

So... people thinking these things were cut into that final shape instead of fractured in that shape is the issue.

Posting a woo theory on ancient civilizations is perfectly legitimate. What is not is ignoring the reasons supplied that illustrate why said theory cannot be correct.
I probably shouldn't get so section-specific in this thread, but it's practically the only section I post in so it is basically the sum total of my experiences with what the OP is talking about.
Plus, the OP was talking about that section specifically.

In the Ancient Civ section, it is FAR more difficult to postulate a conspiracy as the reason for lack of evidence than in, say, the politics section, and for obvious reasons.
Not only that, is is much closer to an argument from ignorance to do so than in other sections.

Lastly, and it's sort of a pet peeve, how is stone cut through cleanly by a laser?
AFAIK, this has never been accomplished. At least, not with stones large enough to suit.
Temperature differentials would cause the stone to fracture.

Harte

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

So cleanly by a laser? Its what guides the water jet of course.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join