It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Float(isolation) Tank Experience Earlier Today

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Cool. After seeing "Altered States" I've always wanted to try an isolation tank. I have no idea if there are any in this area, and to be honest I haven't even looked or thought about it in years.

Is it straight water, a saline solution, or something other suspension liquid?

It looks inviting, though...

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Just water and magnesium

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Ya it is, the great thing about the float tank is that you can experience consciousness without ego attachment for some periods of time. I don't think it is so much about overcoming the ego as it is to objectively observe it, which in itself diminishes the ego.

On a different note I have to say that ideally floating should be done in your home, if you can afford it. Not being on a clock is a very important thing when floating, there were several times that I actually stayed overnight in the tank for 7+ hours. The last thing you want to be doing in the tank is thinking about how long you have been in there already and how the clock is ticking, that harshes your mellow.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

Actually, all "experiences" need to be done in comforatable settings. I've talked down many that were in "fragile" states. Not all were in proper places.

So most that have the iso tanks already "know" what happens and are already sympathetic to the voyagera. That is what i hope anyways. The death of ego can be tramatic for those that think they know who they are.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

I was just thinking about how I would like a float bed.

Rather than just an isolation chamber I would like to sleep in that position. I literally had my back aligned today.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
When I lived in Florida, I lived in the water, far, far from people way out where none of my friends or others would go; a little dangerous maybe. I closed my eyes and floated for hours and shut out all noises. I wore alot of sunscreen. I have terrible fibromyalgia sometimes and this was heaven. I definitely lost myself in a white light for hours til I was forced to go in, maybe 5-6 hours. I didn't think about anything-at all and just felt peaceful all over and especially my mind-everything went white. I've often thought about using a tank but afraid of feeling claustrophobic.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join