It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This site has become more right wing recently.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

both wings belong to the same bird

I just align with the party that speaks the most truth. Liberals aren't for the poor. Republicans aren't for the rich. Politics are divisive by nature. I recommend not putting too much stock in labels. They don't mean anything. It's all rhetoric.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

So desperate to point the finger at those who think differently than you. You gotta get past the left vs right crap. Don't worry about what others say. Focus.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I you haven't noticed the majority of those threads you see are authored by a handful of posters. There's a reason it's only a handful churning out thread after thread of right wing propaganda. I think we can all take a guess as to why that is.

This is very very very true.

I rarely click on the usual suspects agenda threads.
The totally mental level of thread posting is kinda hilarious and even funnier that people fall for engaging the same member trolls over and over again.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Lol, you're nothing but an e-thug.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

So desperate to point the finger at those who think differently than you. You gotta get past the left vs right crap. Don't worry about what others say. Focus.

I don't say it because I'm on the right, I criticise the right for their bs too.

I'm in the middle watching this idiotic behavior.

They both have positions I agree with, but I disagree with a lot of both as well.

The left is far more extreme in their positions and behavior.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Compared to what....the everyday leftist propaganda spewed here on ATS?

Do you feel uncomfortable about this change?

If so......there is your sign.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

They're both pretty bad.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AVtech34

Lol, you're nothing but an e-thug.

Thank You, thank you very much. (read it with an Elvis voice)

K~

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
I used to like the fact that this site seemed to be average in the middle when it comes to political orientation. But this has changed.
Now I look at the top threads, and all I see is far right wing. Maybe that is a reflection of what is happening in the west, but I am less happy to click on ATS.

Oh well. Nothing stays the same. Change is part of time.

I don't know. I'm a progressive.

Ever since I first started coming here I definitely have felt like a higher percentage of posters/members are conservative leaning than liberal.

All posts and replies like climate change is a hoax, or the UN is a giant NGO conspiracy, or Sustainable Development and Agenda 21 are an evil extermination conspiracy, or any kind of evidence based policies that help everyone (health care, education, etc) are evil communist plots. I actually work on the UN and anti-poverty areas, i.e. global poverty eradication, sustainable development, and domestic justice work. These kinds of shrill anti-sustainable development threads are what make conspiracy theorists look like right wing nuts, and poorly educated to boot.

I....can't....even.
edit on 11-6-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I feel for you. I realize that, for some, the thought that one might have to contend with opposing opinions is dreadful, especially where conformity has been the norm. As selfish animals, we prefer safety and security, sometimes among tribes who think the same way.

But opposing ideas are a blessing, not only because disputation is the grindstone upon which we smith our own ideas, but because truth needs to grapple with error to reveal itself. Those who do not have an opposition to their ideas, do not know whether they are in possession of truth or falsity, and I suspect you are finding out you are in possession of the latter. Choose truth over party and you will do no wrong.
edit on 11-6-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

And according to conservative masses here, this place is a haven for liberals. This place is a mess.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I cherish the day when a genuine Left Wing topic that makes sense gets authored.

Scarce.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JimiBlack

Probably to a point . . . the hearts of all individuals are deceitfully wicked . . . how does that go . . .

Jeremiah 17:9
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? KJV

All individuals of all value orientations are plagued with such an inner contrarian set of urges. Some overcome them with God's help, largely.

Some exalt in them, feed the deceit and wickedness with lavish excesses.

Certainly both ends of the spectrum contribute junk to the society and body politic.

imho, the oligarchy has used the left much more skillfully and in a list of exaggerated ways to hasten the reaching of their goals.

And, they have undermined the foundations of the conservatives right and left and neutered their persons, their families and their institutions far more than I'd ever thought possible.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Why do you think it 'Racist' if someone wants to argue a point?

This is the problem with 'Lefties', they can't seem to understand that all we're doing is debating about a problem... it's nothing to do with being 'Racist' but everything to do with being 'Cautious' and 'Aware', something the 'Lefties' know nothing about... apparently... and like to go off on a baby tantrum just because they can't their way.

You noticed.

Well said.

However, to be fair . . . millions of them were TAUGHT at very young ages that their deeper inner needs were NOT going to be met in real connection with a loving and healthily affectionate Dad (&/or Mom) . . . but that they could successfully throw a 2-year old type fit whenever they felt discomfort and platitudes and toys and other fluff would likely come their way to sort of pacify them temporarily.

They are still in the habit of throwing 2 year old type fits and expecting authorities to pacify them with 'higher' levels of rattles and baubles, noise, dancing about and senseless blather that sounds erudite but is the opposite.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

No.

Whiney would be throwing dust in the air without any hint of a suggestion for making solid and lasting improvements.

My relationship threads have a lot of the latter.

Curious you haven't noticed that.

I guess some folks are not well trained to see the solutions even when they are offered. Odd.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras
This is common action for leftist groups, you never see any of this at conservatives protests.

Now now.

You know it's unkind to trouble the intellectually clueless with facts!

They might feel . . . that most horrid of modern traumas . . . terminal discomfort!

LOLOLOL.

Sigh.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I cherish the day when you're not condescending and open your eyes, ears, and heart up to those who think differently than you.

How does that one Bible verse go? Ah yes. Let me quote it exactly. I was a little fuzzy at first, but then I happened to remember it with great precision.

Do you enjoy being talked down to?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
Do you enjoy being talked down to?

It's standard operating procedure for the haughty minded, elite sensibilities liberal.

And . . . frankly . . . giving them some of their own medicine seems to be one of the few things that even scratches the surface, that has a hint of a chance to get their mental attention longer than a few micro seconds . . . that has any hope of fostering a shred of reflection and thought.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Creates a thread whining about the right and how mean they are, immediately resorts to insults and fallacy arguments. And you wonder why this sight is leaning to the right.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I'm sorry you feel that way. I know plenty of people on both sides of the spectrum and I understand the frustration each one of them is feeling. However, we do not even have a solid foundation from which to exchange ideas or have reasonable debate. The deeper problems have taken these possibilities away from all of us. Don't you think it is better to focus energy on that rather than degrading your fellow man? We can't even learn from each other and it's preventing us from moving forward.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join