It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This site has become more right wing recently.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

That was accurate. You described it better than I could.

It just seems more prevalent because you have the same small group circle flagging & staring each others posts.
Read the despair & desperation in the relentless onslaught of negativity & it becomes humorous.
Take pleasure in their (Oh woe is me)"pain".

They've been on the wrong side of history since, well forever.
They lost at Gettysburg, Selma, Stonewall & more recently gay marriage was ratified, minorities are again asserting their right to Life & polite society is condemning their courser outbursts.

So bad time to be them, let them rant.

K~

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

This is a perfect example.

I get branded a racist, homophobe by the new authoritarian left, even though I support civil rights for everyone.

I just don't think everything is "normal".

My beliefs tend towards, "It's none of my business".

But in order to be accepted in the new regime, not only do you have to accept it, you have to support it.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Gettysberg... weren't the Democrats founded in the south?

Republicans wanted to free the slaves, the Democrats were against it.
Republicans got women the right to vote, the Democrats tried to stop it.
The Democrats put the Japanese in internment camps in WW2.

But because the left has been on the "right" side of history for the past few years, you can just ignore all that.

WEW LAD these people are so ignorant. At least pick up a history book or do a google search before posting.

edit on 11-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

not only do you have to accept it, you have to support it.

No you just have to STFU about it & people wont be calling you out about your abnormal views.
The LGBT community is accepted by most of America, so you're just gonna have to find a way to deal with it.

K~

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   

The LGBT movement hasn't been oppressed for decades, they are now one of the most privileged demographics in society... unless your in the middle east of course. In reality the only group in America that oppose the LGBT movement are radical evangelicals from the south. Nobody else cares.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: droid56

It is humorous that I am considered a liberal douche by many in my circle because of my pro-choice, anti-war stance. I just figure it depends on the audience.

Pro-choice anti-war...yes please. I may not be like you or think like you or know jack shattner about foreign relations, but I am not the type of person that sees people going to Iraq or Afghan, Syria, etc as heroes that are fighting for our freedom. I'm not sorry for saying it, it is just true. Not one of those countries including Vietnam if I may, had the risk of taking away American freedoms, it's not like those wars were on our soil. trying to overthrow our government and laws. if that happened then hell ya, I'd be Mel Gibson with a tomahawk stalking (insert enemy here) and bashing their heads in, or at least trying to, but I am not and it hasn't come to that yet.

Since I have been alive, not once have I felt more safe because we had a larger military presence, and not once have I wanted military presence on my streets patrolling for safety. Some may say "It's because we have ilitary in so many countries that the enemies don;t want to attack you, so be grateful for that." Well I think that is a load of BS. If every infantry person was station along the boder and patroled the border, how likely would it be for something to get across, if they were actually worried about the citizens and not making a profit overseas? And duh, of course a profit is made by wars overseas, but does our economy improve because of it now? Nope, we are just taxed more and less jobs are provided. So why do we need a bigger military? Our best military are those in our homeland fighting for their own freedoms if they are at risk of being taken away on our own soil. I can't think of one person that would sit around and let their city be taken over by China or Russia or you name it without a fight. And that is why no country will invade unless they nuke (dumb) or cut our power and water (semi-smart). But to think we are fighting for freedom thousands of miles away...idiotic and propaganda. Freedom is not granted overseas, we already have it to a lesser degree than was established, so who is taking it away besides our own people in the name of fear?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

How many times has that BS been debunked, that's just a pathetic rebuttal.
Like I said you guys are fun to watch.LOL

Democrats the Party of Racists? The Myth of the Liberal Dixiecrats.
quietmike.org...

K~

edit on 11-6-2016 by aethertek because: Link Title

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

not only do you have to accept it, you have to support it.

No you just have to STFU about it & people wont be calling you out about your abnormal views.
The LGBT community is accepted by most of America, so you're just gonna have to find a way to deal with it.

K~

I.
Don't.
Care.

But apparently that isn't good enough.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Time for a reality check.

A Short History of Democrats, Republicans, and Racism

Fact: The Republican Party was founded primarily to oppose slavery, and Republicans eventually abolished slavery. The Democratic Party fought them and tried to maintain and expand slavery. The 13th Amendment, abolishing slavery, passed in 1865 with 100% Republican support but only 23% Democrat support in congress.

Republicans, the 19th Amendment and Women’s Rights: A Brief Reality Check

Meanwhile, the Republicans continued to introduce the 19th Amendment in Congress every year, but the Democrats were able to keep it bottled up in various committees for another decade before allowing either chamber to vote on it. In 1887 it finally reached the floor of the Senate. Once again, however, it was defeated by a vote of 34 to 16. After this setback, advocates of women’s suffrage opted to put pressure on Congress by convincing various state legislatures to pass bills giving women the vote. This met with some success. By the turn of the century a variety of Republican-controlled states, including Wyoming, Colorado, and Idaho, had granted women suffrage. During the first ten years of the new century, several other states gave women the vote, including Washington and California.

1942 Democratic President FDR ushers in Japanese American internment

So tell me... who has been on the wrong side of history?

Ku Klux Klan Grand Dragon Will Quigg Endorses Hillary Clinton for President

"We want Hillary Clinton to win," he said. "She is telling everybody one thing, but she has a hidden agenda. She’s telling everybody what they want to hear so she can get elected, because she’s Bill Clinton’s wife, she’s close to the Bushes. Once she’s in the presidency, she’s going to come out and her true colors are going to show. Border policies are going to be put in place. Our second amendment rights that she’s saying she’s against now, she’s not against. She’s just our choice for the presidency."

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

It's pro-trump/anti clinton/anti immigrants/ anti women's rights/anti welfare/sometimes outright racist edit on 11-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given) also, a clutter of useless threads based on blogs. People looking for and getting lots of stars and flsags for poorly written threads. edit on 11-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)
You have a choice to read/post if you want, and a choice not to, your choice, no good being a whinger.....

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The right and left nonsense is simply a means of division. What you are actually seeing is a natural response to a threat.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I would say that not only has this site moved far right it's down right hostile to the liberals. It's all become a political mud pit.
As a democrat and a Hillary supporter it's really hard on me. I get attacked in every political thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

As long as it has an R next to its name they will show support.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww

bess him lil ole heart . . .

Do you need us to take up a collection for tissues?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

No they're not. Believe me I would love a few more kindred spirits here.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

You are absolutely correct Reldra. You're one of the few and I know you backed Bernie but at least we're in the same club. I feel like someone who snuck in under the tent flap. Just waiting for Benny the bouncer to toss me out on my ear.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I'm not authoritarian. Just check out those boot prints on my back. Right where it says welcome.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

We are still outnumbered. Way outnumbered.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Absolute horse crap. Who has called or insinuated that you are a racist or bigot? I swear right wingers or right leaning people have an endless need to be victims and to exaggerate absolutely everything they don't like and it completely obscures their realities.

@OP This site has always had a right wing majority but it's definitely more circle-jerky lately.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: pirhanna
Its just that the left went off the deep end. I have similar political opinions I had a decade ago. Back then people thought I was super liberal. Now Im a crackpot conservative. Seriously the left has gone absolutely mad, and is now more a kind of commie-lite authoritarianism.

^^^^^^^^^^
this.

I've always thought of myself as fairly liberal about many things, but here?

I'm a member of the John Birch Society.

Ummm...TOTALLY agree with both of these opinions...I believe in husbanding the environment...that's a no brainer..and a number of other..."liberal"...positions...

Progs...however have taken the left so far off the deep end that my libertarian views seem decidedly right wing...

There's no balance anymore...no center of the road...what we're experiencing now are radical swing oscillations amid a fed up pull away from the extremity of...progressivism...which in fact seems quite regressive and frankly...strange...odd...weird...crazy

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join