It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This site has become more right wing recently.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I used to like the fact that this site seemed to be average in the middle when it comes to political orientation. But this has changed.
Now I look at the top threads, and all I see is far right wing. Maybe that is a reflection of what is happening in the west, but I am less happy to click on ATS.

Oh well. Nothing stays the same. Change is part of time.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I you haven't noticed the majority of those threads you see are authored by a handful of posters. There's a reason it's only a handful churning out thread after thread of right wing propaganda. I think we can all take a guess as to why that is.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

But dont they usually got a good amount of flags, meaning board support?

I agree with OP but I would argue that its not even "Right wing", its pro-Trump.

And I dont really know what he is: lifelong Democrat/authoritarian turned Republican/authoritarian.

ATS loved Ron Paul when he was running and Trump is nothing like Dr. Paul, not in character nor in philosophy.

edit on 11-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

You don't say? lol

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

People don't have wings and we use moral justification to decide what is right and what is not. You cannot place a right and left on anyone since everyone has a right and left brain and body. The "right" has just become more outspoken now than ever since it is election year, and the "left" probably don't like Hillary too much to boast about her, so that is the reason imho. I honestly don;t care who wins the election, it will suck either way for most people. That's how it usually goes, unless there is a major war that upticks the economy and hands out jobs to who ever applies, those presidents are seen as heroes.

I am don't define myself as either leberal or conservative, I want justification for what is right, I don;t want religion to overtake politics, I don;t want scheming done behind a democracy's back, but that will never happen in my life time. I don't wan't lobbyists for multibillionaire coorporations deciding what laws get passed by bribery, and this list goes on and on as do other's lists. But to say you are a liberal, you are conforming to one side and just hating the other, as if that is what they want you to do, which it is. Think for yourself, debate a few, and let people say what they will and take no offense to it. People come in all flavors, all shapes, all sizes, all brands, etc. Pick your poison, you fall into a group as well, and this is how the capitalist world has spun it's web.

If I am wrong I am wrong, but that is how I see it as of now. Be what you want do what you want, just dont be a prick when others disagree with you and you have no answer for their reasoning other than "that offends me." I do into a job interview and they ask basic questions about my race or religion or marital status or sexual identification, can I not just say "all of this offends me," and still expect a job? If I tell my employer that I have a medical condition that I have to masturbate in public at least 30 minutes per day, will they allow me to do so, even if it is a medical treatment to help me get over social anxiety? Where does right and left coincide? And where does it become ridiculous?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

I agree with OP but I would argue that its not even "Right wing", its pro-Trump.

And I dont really know what he is: lifelong Democrat/authoritarian turned Republican/authoritarian.

ATS loved Ron Paul when he was running and Trump is nothing like Dr. Paul, not in character nor in philosophy.

It's pro-trump/anti clinton/anti immigrants/ anti women's rights/anti welfare/sometimes outright racist
edit on 11-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)
also, a clutter of useless threads based on blogs. People looking for and getting lots of stars and flsags for poorly written threads.
edit on 11-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I'd vote for Ron Paul in a heartbeat in this election and he wouldn't have to show up for a single debate. How about it ATS write him in. If he was running at all, I think he would have more support than Bernie did.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Nonsense.

imho, a sizeable majority of posts are still as flaming liberal as they've always been.

Thankfully, the wolf-pack mentality of liberalism descends a bit less outrageously and assaultively on conservative posters as ATS has finally mostly succeeded in getting the civility meme mostly enforced and a civility culture mostly established.

And it may be that conservative ideas and assertions SEEM "far right" because the average liberal perspective has moved soooooo extremely left--as the oligarchy has been working toward for so many decades (at least since they purchased most of the media in 1915 & 1917) with their stooges in the MSM.

Ahhhhhh welll . . . tyranny always takes their early fans and adopters to the firing squads and gas chambers first. The tyrants and dictators realize they can't trust such poor reality testing, such clueless traitorousness in the new regime. History has demonstrated THAT much repeatedly.

Some of us conservative posters are as tenacious as we are because we realize we are a 'dying breed' and that some folks are still sufficiently unlobotomized by the MSM that there is still a faint chance some of them may yet wake-up to the looming tyranny and the darkening horizon.

Besides, many of us are Christians and we feel a duty and obligation to THE TRUTH and TO GOD to stand up for what is true, accurate, life-giving, grounded, sensible, reality, redemptive, foundational . . .

vs

what is delusional, greedy, shallow, tyrannical, mindless, addicted & addictive, ruthless, merciless, terminally corrupt, murderous, abusive, genocidal, terminally ignorant, slavish, terminally destructive and suicidal.

We don't think the masses of sheeple Eloi shuffling off to be served as peopleburgers on the dinner tables of the Morlachs is a conservative value or goal . . . nor a sensible one.

edit on 11/6/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Its just that the left went off the deep end. I have similar political opinions I had a decade ago. Back then people thought I was super liberal. Now Im a crackpot conservative. Seriously the left has gone absolutely mad, and is now more a kind of commie-lite authoritarianism.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
Its just that the left went off the deep end. I have similar political opinions I had a decade ago. Back then people thought I was super liberal. Now Im a crackpot conservative. Seriously the left has gone absolutely mad, and is now more a kind of commie-lite authoritarianism.

commie-lite. Donald. Is that you.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

^^^^^^^^^^
this.

I've always thought of myself as fairly liberal about many things, but here?

I'm a member of the John Birch Society.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Nonsense.

imho, a sizeable majority of posts are still as flaming liberal as they've always been.

Thankfully, the wolf-pack mentality of liberalism descends a bit less outrageously and assaultively on conservative posters as ATS has finally mostly succeeded in getting the civility meme mostly enforced and a civility culture mostly established.

And it may be that conservative ideas and assertions SEEM "far right" because the average liberal perspective has moved soooooo extremely left--as the oligarchy has been working toward for so many decades (at least since they purchased most of the media in 1915 & 1917) with their stooges in the MSM.

Ahhhhhh welll . . . tyranny always takes their early fans and adopters to the firing squads and gas chambers first. The tyrants and dictators realize they can't trust such poor reality testing, such clueless traitorousness in the new regime. History has demonstrated THAT much repeatedly.

Some of us conservative posters are as tenacious as we are because we realize we are a 'dying breed' and that some folks are still sufficiently unlobotomized by the MSM that there is still a faint chance some of them may yet wake-up to the looming tyranny and the darkening horizon.

Besides, many of us are Christians and we feel a duty and obligation to THE TRUTH and TO GOD to stand up for what is true, accurate, life-giving, grounded, sensible, reality, redemptive, foundational . . .

vs

what is delusional, greedy, shallow, tyrannical, mindless, addicted & addictive, ruthless, merciless, murderous, abusive, genocidal, ignorant, slavish, and suicidal.

Believers in an invisible god. Zero evidence. What a joke.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

It's pro-trump/anti clinton/anti immigrants/ anti women's rights/anti welfare/sometimes outright racist

It's not so much "anti" as "stop expecting special treatment".
You want to be equal, that's great, but stop expecting everyone else to go out of their way to treat you like you're special. Stop expecting everyone to change their lives, the way they talk, the words they use and the way they live, just so you can be comfortable.
Be equal. No more. No less.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Nonsense.

no, the Right has shouted almost everything down. The site is constantly hammered by threads backed by ocscure right wing blogs or threads that twist even the article they are based on...for star and flag bait. It is becoming unreasonable.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

It is humorous that I am considered a liberal douche by many in my circle because of my pro-choice, anti-war stance. I just figure it depends on the audience.

edit on 2016/6/11 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

not sure about that but I kinda thought this site was suppose to be a site for conspiracy theoriest? Apparently not. No offence but seems like most people like I'm talking about 90% of people on here are clueless and not awake at all. They seem to epxress opinions that demonstrate that they don't know or don't believe in any conspiracy theories at all.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The left have become authoritarian and the right has become liberal.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

chances are,it has....a threatened animal reacts violently.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

It's pro-trump/anti clinton/anti immigrants/ anti women's rights/anti welfare/sometimes outright racist also, a clutter of useless threads based on blogs. People looking for and getting lots of stars and flsags for poorly written threads.

It's actually anti war rackateers- on record liars/ anti illegal immigrants/ pro everyone's state voted upon rights/ and not racist.

It is not anti immigrant to say that immigrants should pay taxes and be legal citizens before entering the country. It is not anti immigrant to say that most sent from Mexico are actually criminals or uneducated, as they are. It puts a major toll on the US education system at the least to accomodate 14 year old children that can't speak English.. Anti women's rights? Where does that come from? Seriously? The only Women's right that I can percieve Trump being against is abortion, and there lies the fine line about life and property and such. I am for abortion, and it should be up to the state to decide by vote if it should be legal or not. If not, then you can go to another state and business will be booming for them, that is capitalism, Right? Then again I am up for pro drug use and yet that vote hasn't hit the ballots yet. What right's would be taken away for women if Trump was in office, seriously name one. abortion wouldn't be one of them. At most it would start off as not being a required expense as the Obamacare healthcare initiative. So it would be an out of pocket expense. Not taking way rights, just making a person pay for clearing out a mistake.

On that note, is it right for a women to abort the fetus of their sexual fmate and not discuss they were prgnant before doing so? Does that not consider a man who want's a child and the women get's to choose because it is her body that has to give birth? Isn't that how it has always been, women giving birth and the man laying the seed, forever in evolutionary history? What if a man you loved impregnated you and you really wanted that child, but he had the say as well, and had the right to have it aborted against your will since it contained his DNA, what then? Are you anti male?

Trump is not a racist either, he doesn't call out browns, blacks, purples or oranges for problems, he calls out politicians and seperatist religions that are terroristic in nature. Would it make more sense for the President to just say, "If you believe in a religion at all, you are a danger to society."

I by no means am saying Trump is great, I am just trying to get across how complicated things have become. It is not like Trump is saying anyone with black hair needs to leave the country, but he is basically saying that illegal immigrants should be afraid. What is wrong with that? If you are illegal----- Why not be accountable for your actions. If you don;t believe being an illegal----anything (pedophile, tax evasionist, serial rapist, con artist, credit card identity thief, etc) should get you hunted down than why are all of these things illegal including undocumented immigration?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Bears repeating with emphasis:

My grandparents would likely not have believed this current horrendous state of affairs were possible in the 'Good ole U.S. of A.'

Mind bogglingly ignorant and suicidal . . . while the band plays on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join