It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA Wants Inside Your Medical Records to Fight the War on Drugs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
DEA Wants Inside Your Medical Records to Fight the War on Drugs

Now the Drug Enforcement Administration wants that same kind of power, starting with access to an Oregon database containing the private medical data of more than a million people.

The DEA has claimed for years that under federal law it has the authority to access the state’s Prescription Drug Monitor Program database using only an “administrative subpoena.” These are unilaterally issued orders that do not require a showing of probable cause before a court, like what’s required to obtain a warrant.

As the article explains about the following,

The feds are fighting to look at millions of private files without a warrant, including those of two transgender men who are taking testosterone. Marlon Jones was arrested for taking legal painkillers, prescribed to him by a doctor, after a double knee replacement.

Jones, an assistant fire chief of Utah’s Unified Fire Authority, was snared in a dragnet pulled through the state’s program to monitor prescription drugs after someone stole morphine from an ambulance in 2012. To find the missing morphine, cops used their unrestricted access to the state’s Prescription Drug Monitor Program database to look at the private medical records of nearly 500 emergency services personnel—without a warrant.

Source

Continued,

Whether the Ninth Circuit agrees with that will have far reaching implications for millions of Americans who rely on prescription medication to manage their illnesses.

After all the high profile deaths from prescription drugs as late, some may have wondered what's next. Apparently this shares an insight into what will be implemented to help continue the failed war on drugs.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

DEA basically wants to know who is useful and not useful so they can determine who goes on the concentration camp list for extermination. They professional raiders like the SS

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
No one was buying Uncle Sam's heroin, so they killed opiates by rescheduling them. The DEA has been scaring the living hell out of doctors and pharmacists, threatening to remove credentials, etc, for not supporting the crack down and using the old "see something? say something." approach.

It does seem to give some traction to MJ legalization efforts, however. Many doctors are publicly screaming about the resheduling, as it has left fairly ineffective pain relief (Tramadol) as a front line for acute pain. Many patients with chronic, acute pain are finding that the new treatment regimens are costing them quality of life. And physicians are left scrambling for alternatives. CBD is being mentioned as one alternative, with demands for rescheduling beginning to swell.

In the end, it looks like the good Lord giveth, and the good Lord taketh away. Its a damn shame. People shouldn't have to suffer in agony when there's a viable solution. That said...i have had family enter drug treatment for opiate addiction, and I see the downsides of unchecked usage all too clearly.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

The Ninth is getting the case? We all know what that means - say goodbye to rights, and expect to have your privacy invaded.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies all.

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

The Ninth is getting the case? We all know what that means - say goodbye to rights, and expect to have your privacy invaded.

Exactly what I'm worried about, considering how they have been lately.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

So will doctors be charged in over prescribing pain meds that are highly addictive? They are the pushers in the first place, the street level scum that sell the product, while the manufacturors are the ones that sell them to the doctos and hand out pads of paper and magnets and pens to instill their brand in the consumer's mind. Corrupt, corrupt, and corrpt cash mongering.

If there was a vote on the war on drugs today, how do you think it would blow over? If the common populace knew the stats and was talked about on MSM, less than 10% would vote for the DEA to continue to exist, think about it in these terms, more taxes have been paid this year by citizens than ever and yet the government spent 200x's that this year.

The amount of money it costs, their history in corruption, smuggling in illegal drugs in order to bust low level criminals that the DEA sold to them, etc. Shouldn't the DEA arrest Bill Clinton, W. Bush, Obama for admittadley consuming illegal drugs in their lifetime? No, but it is there upon admittance and not by some medical record. So what is their crime?
edit on 11-6-2016 by Sometimes because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

This is the result of government healthcare and mandatory requirements for it.

So the government can violate HIPAA whenever it wants.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sometimes

I suspect if put to a vote among the populace, the following entities would cease to exist:

- DEA
- CIA
- IRS (no way it'd survive)
- ATF

The only reason the VA would survive is because we have to treat veterans, whether you agree with the war they fought or not. We have a social contract with our veterans that has to be honored. But my God, talk about an entity worthy of dissolving.

Other entities, like the FCC and SEC, would need extensive restructuring of their organization as well as their charter.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You forgot DHS and TSA

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Well of course they will and any excuse will do.

in recent years I've read that 95% of a ll drugs passing into the US come from Latin Americia and has been for the last 30 years. that has to tell us that somebody is controlling it. Other wise the GMO people would have developed a plant or inspect that cause the plants involved to die out and be come extinct just like lots of other plants have over most of the 20 the and on into the 21st century.

in recent years I've also read that 98% of a ll drugs passing into the Europe come from Afghanistan and have been for the last 30 years?

Did the drugs passing into the Europe from Afghanistan, drop by 70- 80% during the time the US millit-tree occupied the place?? NO of course it did not. Again, that tells us all that they someone was controlling it the whole time. Wonder who that was?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

And with Obamacare and its mandates, everyone's medical records will be centrally located and easily accessibly by our overlords.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
they should just legalize all drugs and end this drug war or is that too much freedom?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
With the legalization of cannbis they got to fill those private prisons up with something else right?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You forgot DHS and TSA

i have no idea how i coud forget those clowns.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

If Clinton gets in, i believe this will happen swiftly. Along with monitoring sites like this one.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The war on drugs is over.
The drugs won.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I want to see LEOs records, doesn't matter the branch. Just to make sure they are competent to use lethal weapons and a license to kill. If you want to protect and serve, show the people youre serving your medical records and determine if you have the mind capacity to do the job. Or are you are a thug in uniform.

I dont think LEOS would ever agree to disclose their medical records, why do people take shtie like this
edit on 11-6-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

If Clinton gets in, i believe this will happen swiftly. Along with monitoring sites like this one.

One of the things being discussed at the Bilderberg meeting IS "Internet ID's"!

Anyone who can't see how Orwellian this planet is becoming is blind to the truth, or just so pathetically scared that 24/7 monitoring of humans is a positive notion in their minds....

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The war on drugs is ass-backwards and I want it to end, along with mandatory minimums! Time to end the parade that marijuana is a schedule 1 drug with no medical benefits!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

I agree. Regardless, just the time leading up to the election is becoming quite interesting!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join