It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nickels Dropped From Planes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by bleep
23 Tons of US treasury nickels each painted with biological toxins, dropped from an airplane onto a major US city at the height of rush hour?

I would like to see evidence of what you say is true.

Always rembember rule 1.

1.) You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

We await your proof. Thank you.

What proof are you looking for dearie? The story itself? Here - in case you couldn't find the link above:

Millions of nickels stolen from Fed
Seen anyone cashing nickels like crazy?
By Mark Potter
Correspondent
NBC News
Updated: 7:27 p.m. ET Jan. 14, 2005MIAMI - The trail begins at the Federal Reserve building in East Rutherford, N.J.. In mid-December, a large tractor-trailer is loaded up and heads south, bound for the Fed in New Orleans. Sealed in back of the truck is $180,000 worth of newly minted U.S. nickels. They are in 900 bags and weigh nearly 23 tons.

"Somebody actually went out and stole 3.6 million nickels," says FBI spokeswoman Judy Orihuela. "I mean, who would ever think that would happen?"

FBI agents and police are baffled over how it happened. The driver, Angel Ricardo Mendoza, a private trucker from Miami, has also disappeared.

"He's either a victim or a suspect," says Sgt. Richard Mestre of the Miami-Dade Police Cargo Theft Task Force. "We're not really sure."

Mestre is used to dealing with stolen cars and appliances, but he's never seen a case involving nickels.

There are very few clues. Investigators do know that after leaving New Jersey, Mendoza gassed up at a North Florida station on Dec. 19. They have the credit receipts. On Dec. 20, Mendoza called his boss, saying he was in Tallahassee and would soon arrive in New Orleans. He never made it and hasn't been heard from since.

On Dec. 21, the 18-wheeler turned up at a truck stop in Fort Pierce, Fla., with the doors unlocked and the keys in the ignition.

All those nickels in back of the truck? Gone!

"There was no sign of violence whatsoever," says FBI spokeswoman Orihuela.

So, if someone steals 3.6 million nickels, how does he cash them in without attracting attention? Police say it would have to be done very slowly, in small amounts and at many different places, like grocery store counting machines. And even if he were able to cash in $500 worth of nickels every day, it would still take an entire year.

It's a mystery that has some people wondering if it could possibly be worth all the trouble.

© 2005 MSNBC Interactive

What did you want proof next of? My speculation of what the thieves were going to do with this heist?

Speculation nor hypothesis can be proven without a jug and a cane.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I think the problem bleeps is because you started your thread as if nickels had in fact been dropped from a plane in a major city, with no mention of the original story.

You better review this boards terms and conditions before you start anymore misleading threads.

[edit on 1/16/2005 by Relentless]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
I think the problem bleeps is because you started your thread as if nickels had in fact been dropped from a plane in a major city, with no mention of the original story.

You better review this boards terms and conditions before you start anymore misleading threads.

[edit on 1/16/2005 by Relentless]

Anyone following the bloody news would have put 2 and 2 together.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hmmm. This makes me wonder.

What would happen to the value of american currency if it were found out that this was a terrorist plan to contaminate the money supply with anthrax or whatever and kill a lot of people, etc.

Could this cause a major economic crash or at least a meltdown of the US economy? It's a crazy thought to think of a country full of citizens afraid to touch money. Riots? Looting? Marshall Law?

That's a lot of evil value for only a nickel. Perhaps the news saturation of this stolen nickel story is to prep the public for the possibility. Now this story goes from stupid to scary.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

As we did, but you didn't say "what if" and you posted what appearred to be a report in current events, as if this had happened somewhere.

Do you still not understand what is wrong with this? Perhaps a Mod will be good enough to give you a heads up (for your sake).

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar

Originally posted by d1k

23 Tons of US treasury nickels each painted with biological toxins, dropped from an airplane onto a major US city at the height of rush hour?

The urban myth that throwing change (like nickles and pennies) from high altitudes can kill people is untrue. Thanks to Myth Busters from Discovery Channel lol

As far as your coated with biological toxins....

Oh really, id love to read that one! people have been killed by hailstones

starryskies.com...
www.hitchams.suffolk.sch.uk...

Given some were big hailstones but, given velocity from height, nickles even an individual nickle could kill someone imo
it depends on the height it fell from. Anyway how many folk would stop to scab a nickle, thats 5cents right? maybe children. Again greed would work in your favour if you used bills!

[edit on 073131p://51017 by instar]

[edit on 073131p://52017 by instar]

no, research terminal velocity. Sure a few people may have been killed by large hailstones, that is due to the larger mass of them.
A falling nickel will only fall so fast no matter what height you drop it from. it will not accelerate past a certain speed. Falling nickels may sting quite a bit if you were hit by one but I doubt it would kill anyone. They lack the mass needed to cause any serious damage.

www.grc.nasa.gov...

The fastest someone jumping out of an airplane goes is about 125 mph, it does not get faster the higher they jump from.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless

As we did, but you didn't say "what if" and you posted what appearred to be a report in current events, as if this had happened somewhere.

Do you still not understand what is wrong with this? Perhaps a Mod will be good enough to give you a heads up (for your sake).

He ended his post with a question mark. Indicating to me that it could be a possibilty. He did not say that it happened, this is obvious.

As far as the post goes, it would be a dangerous situation. It obviously isn't hard fora terrorist to get his hands on a number of small aircrafts to do this deed. They have the monetary resources supposedly.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Let's asume you have the DMSO, the anthrax, the nickels, the planes and the sick state of mind, you could probably pull it off once, after that you would have to use 100 dollar bills to persuade people picking up money from the streets

What i sooner expect is terrorists spending all these nickels worth of money to contaminate some big vessels in the milk and sugar industry, these products end up in a plethora of foodproducts and have a wide distribution...Basically the companies and the supermarkets do the delivery for you...

The indirect damages from such an attack are tremendous as the horrified public no longer feels safe eating/drinking and companies would be forced to make huge investments to safeguard the production/deliverylines. Also if you repeatedly just target one famous foodseller, you will put them effectively out of bussiness, even the giants could fall, creating huge joblosses etc etc...

[edit on 16-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

What proof are you looking for dearie? The story itself? Here - in case you couldn't find the link above:

What did you want proof next of? My speculation of what the thieves were going to do with this heist?

Speculation nor hypothesis can be proven without a jug and a cane.

Your original claim was the nickels came from an airplane yet the story you posted has no mention of any airplane?

[edit on 1/16/2005 by shots]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
"Contaminating" the money supply directly, though, would potentially lead to the destruction of the dollar, and moves toward a "cashless society", both developments being agendas of the NWO, as I understand. Problem, reaction, solution.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by d1k
The urban myth that throwing change (like nickles and pennies) from high altitudes can kill people is untrue. Thanks to Myth Busters from Discovery Channel lol

Agree! Hail to the Adam and Jamie - Mythbusters and bringers of true educating entertainment

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Why not try to drop 10 tons of Dollar bills instead? Maybe people will die from papercuts

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by phlake

Originally posted by d1k

Agree! Hail to the Adam and Jamie - Mythbusters and bringers of true educating entertainment

Its never been tested. 65mph velocity of a coin (i read) who says it wont kill a person? Thats assuming everyone has a thick skull. How about a child? A baby? easily done. Think. I bet adam and Jamie arnt game to terst their theory!

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
OK, I realize i've been a member for less than a month...but this is the nuttiest thread i've come across so far.

I've enjoyed it......

but...hmmm.....hehehehehehehehehehe

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Its never been tested. 65mph velocity of a coin (i read) who says it wont kill a person? Thats assuming everyone has a thick skull. How about a child? A baby? easily done. Think. I bet adam and Jamie arnt game to terst their theory!

Obviously you didn't see that episode. They did test that theory. I believe the speed was around 90 mph. and if I recall correctly Jamie shot Adam a few times with the rig they had made to shoot the pennies. Granted a penny isn't exactly a nickel but there isn't a whole lot of difference between the two.

[edit on 16/1/05 by Skibum]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
If you have enough anthrax or other toxin to 'paint' that many nickels, wouldn't there be a much more efficient way to disperse said toxin?

I mean this all sounds like some whacked-out James Bond cartoony type of plot.

"I will place you in this room where I have devised a very complicated and time-consuming manner to kill you, then I will leave and not watch it happen, so that I won't know when you have escaped..."

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum

Obviously you didn't see that episode. They did test that theory. I believe the speed was around 90 mph. and if I recall correctly Jamie shot Adam a few times with the rig they had made to shoot the pennies. Granted a penny isn't exactly a nickel but there isn't a whole lot of difference between the two.

[edit on 16/1/05 by Skibum]

90 mph , well there you go.
The did not drop a coin from a height that would acheive terminal velocity onto a persons head. And he was shot in the arse?, not in the head. i.e NOT tested.

"I will place you in this room where I have devised a very complicated and time-consuming manner to kill you, then I will leave and not watch it happen, so that I won't know when you have escaped..."

LMAO , And not leave any of my clumsy bumbleing henchmen to watch you either!

"Holy Nefarious Nickles Batman!"

[edit on 103131p://330110 by instar]

[edit on 103131p://360110 by instar]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   

The did not drop a coin from a height that would acheive terminal velocity onto a persons head. And he was shot in the arse?, not in the head. i.e NOT tested.

No, but they did shoot the penny at what would be terminal velocity at an actual human skull, no damage. It does not matter wheter its shot at 90 mph or dropped at 90 mph. The coin does not have enough mass to injure the brain without penetrating the skull. At the slow speed that it would be falling and the relativly little mass of the nickel, I think the worst one may suffer is a welt or perhaps a small cut.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Skibum for the sake of a silly argument, A baby has a very soft skull, not like yours, at 90mph even a nickle could possibley kill. In anycase, my original post about "kill the people with falling coins"I was thinking of a whole rain of coins falling at once, not a single nickle, even so, There are so many other factors in which a planedrop over a city would kill people before the toxin, as you said(or someone did) car accidents being one, I can imagine the elderly dropping dead of a heart attack etc etc.

The human skull (adult) cracks at 8 pounds per square inch pressure, how much pressure is exerted on a skull from a coin at 90 mph on impact?
Did they figure that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join