It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nickels Dropped From Planes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
23 Tons of US treasury nickels each painted with biological toxins, dropped from an airplane onto a major US city at the height of rush hour?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
what? as a biological weapon? geez, just dropping them from a plane would kill plenty, let alone the toxins. Why use nickles anyway, in some weird idea folk will pick them up? pfft they would be buried deep on impact and those that didnt would cause massive damage to cars, buildings etc.
Weird idea, obvious calling card too, its like bart simpson writing his name in 20ft tall letters on the sportfeild, A stupid idea!

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I wonder...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sanc'.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
I wonder...

Sanc'.

LMAO so thats what they had in mind eh?

Like I said, pretty stupid if you want to spread a virus or something, kill the people with falling coins, better to steal and use bills.

[edit on 073131p://05017 by instar]

Urn

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I wonder...

Sanc'.

holy hell dude.....nice connection, didnt even think of that...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by bleep
23 Tons of US treasury nickels each painted with biological toxins, dropped from an airplane onto a major US city at the height of rush hour?

Where did this happen?

Does anyone have a link. ( I immediately thought of the missing nickels thing, any update on who the guy was that had them last?)

Also, what kind of airplace was this? Isn't 23 tons a lot of weight?

d1k

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   

The urban myth that throwing change (like nickles and pennies) from high altitudes can kill people is untrue. Thanks to Myth Busters from Discovery Channel lol

As far as your coated with biological toxins....

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
They are nickels. They could be contaminated by terrorists and dropped in small quantities by light plane or helicopter over any area.

An amount of that stolen weight would be divided for many small drops.

Once a person says, "Hey, i found a nickel" well you can guess the rest.

Sanc'.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Sanc'.

But this thread claims 23 tons dropped from plane, with no link, the way it is written it appears to be referring to a single drop. Again, can anyone even verify this story?

Edit: And by the way, this is the weight of the enitre missing load of nickels. Bleep - where did this come from?

[edit on 1/16/2005 by Relentless]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by d1k

The urban myth that throwing change (like nickles and pennies) from high altitudes can kill people is untrue. Thanks to Myth Busters from Discovery Channel lol

As far as your coated with biological toxins....

Oh really, id love to read that one! people have been killed by hailstones

starryskies.com...
www.hitchams.suffolk.sch.uk...

Given some were big hailstones but, given velocity from height, nickles even an individual nickle could kill someone imo
it depends on the height it fell from. Anyway how many folk would stop to scab a nickle, thats 5cents right? maybe children. Again greed would work in your favour if you used bills!

[edit on 073131p://51017 by instar]

[edit on 073131p://52017 by instar]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
instar, what if they were dropped in a rural/farming area.

No-one would be killed by getting hit on the . or by having a car accident as a result of a smashed windscreen, et al.

All it would take is a farm animal destined for human consumption, to swallow, lick or sniff it while grazing and all of a sudden this hypothetical is in our source of food.

Sanc'.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Yeah that could work, but then why use nickles at all, why not cropdust on grazing land with some biological horror? cows/sheep etc eat the grass, or people eat the crops,bingo, contamination (depending on the biological horror ofcourse)
Whats in that burger from mcdonalds?

For that matter why not fill balloons with helium and your bioweapon of choice and release them wherever? the ballons reach a certain altitute and burst due to pressure, and the wind carries them far and wide.

Whats the morbid fascination with ways to deliver death anyway? Arnt we paranoid enough already

[edit on 083131p://24018 by instar]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar
Yeah that could work, but then why use nickles at all, why not cropdust on grazing land with some biological horror? cows/sheep etc eat the grass, or people eat the crops,bingo, contamination (depending on the biological horror ofcourse)

[edit on 083131p://15018 by instar]

Because anyone can hurl a 1kg bag of small coins from a small aircraft (non cropduster).
I would guess that restrictions and clearances on cropdusters would be very tight.

Sanc'.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
but not if your a grazier. In anycase restrictions on possible terrorist getting hold of a bioweapon would be far tighter im sure.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless

Where did this happen?

Does anyone have a link. ( I immediately thought of the missing nickels thing, any update on who the guy was that had them last?)

Also, what kind of airplace was this? Isn't 23 tons a lot of weight?

msnbc.msn.com...

Sorry I didn't put in the link at the beginning of the thread.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Are you reffering to the recent dissappearance of a truck full of nickels ??

Interestin idea bleep, why don't we discuss this matter of distributing wealth in detail at our holiday ressort in Gitmo Bay? we send a first class corporate Jet to pick you up !

[edit on 16-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

[edit on 16-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar
what? as a biological weapon? geez, just dropping them from a plane would kill plenty, let alone the toxins.

Right. Now that you mention it, why not just circulate anthrax-laden coins and let the rest take care of itself.

I'm just surmising here, you do understand, but for one silly theft story every major media source is carrying it.

news.google.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   

They are nickels. They could be contaminated by terrorists and dropped in small quantities by light plane or helicopter over any area.

Once a person says, "Hey, i found a nickel" well you can guess the rest.

Sanc'.

Yep, or even from an office window. What security guard is going to bust someone for carrying a pouch-full of change?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I would like to see evidence of what you say is true.

Always rembember rule 1.

1.) You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

We await your proof. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I wonder...

Sanc'.

Now that is a thought

There is only one problem he would have been over his weight limit for his luggage.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join