It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pediatric nurse sues Winnebago Co Health Dept after losing job for her beliefs

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

or she could go apply to various pediatrician offices, hospitals maternity wards, and many other places...
she was employed by the county health department, it was the county health department that consolidated their health clinics and merged the family planning and pediatric....
she doesn't have to move to another county...

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: TerryDon79

You still don't understand... She had a job in pediatrics as a nurse and 2 years ago they changed the rules and now want to force doctor and nurses to perform abortions or not work as doctors and nurses anymore... That is still being forced to do something.
Not force. Adding it to the job description. Just like if working in a factory and your job description got changed to include cleaning.

She liked being a nurse, but she had to leave because they were forcing her to do something that wasn't her job to begin with...
Not forced as she decided not to do it. She had a choice as she didn't do it.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Which, again, is you pushing your agenda.

It certainly isn't me pushing an "agenda"... Are human fetuses human?... yes they are since they are fetuses of homo sapient(humans)...
And many studies would disagree with you. Many would also agree with you. Still has nothing to do with the story apart from you inserting your personal, religious agenda.

You've twisted the story to be anti abortion, anti baby euthanasia, forcing people do things and a bunch of other fallacies.

You have yet to even address anything relevant with the story.
I have. And I said it multiple times. You just chose to ignore them, obviously.

And the story is about certain counties forcing nurses and doctors to perform abortions... I didn't make anything up, it is what the story itself states...

Drugs like ella can induce an abortion. I even presented proof...

The only ones twisting this, and trying to push an agenda is you among others who want to force your beliefs on other people who don't share them...

Blah blah blah. No one forced here to do anything.
Pro choice activists know what they are doing they know these drugs are abortifacient and they know that they are forcing people including pro life ppl into doing this. This admisinistration knew what they were doing when they pushed the ACA and and subsequent mandates. It's just that simple. The part that you didn't get is why and the rockefelkers the club of Rome and designers of agenda 21 have the answers for you if only you would open your eyes that you may see.

Not forced. They had a choice.
edit on 1162016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Obey the dictates by the state, or be punished.

I miss freedom.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Just like if working in a factory and your job description got changed to include cleaning.

For crying out loud cleaning is not the same as forcing doctors and nurses to administer a drug that can induce abortions... Are you that naive and ignorant that you believe cleaning the floor and abortion are the same thing?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Just like if working in a factory and your job description got changed to include cleaning.

For crying out loud cleaning is not the same as forcing doctors and nurses to administer a drug that can induce abortions... Are you that naive and ignorant that you believe cleaning the floor and abortion are the same thing?

Apart from they weren't being forced. They had a choice.

1, do it and keep your job.
2, don't do it and lose your job.

Same scenario for EVERY job.

BTW, she was given other options to work. That also means they gave her more CHOICES and didn't force her to do anything.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

or she could go apply to various pediatrician offices, hospitals maternity wards, and many other places...
she was employed by the county health department, it was the county health department that consolidated their health clinics and merged the family planning and pediatric....
she doesn't have to move to another county...

Isn't this a bit like "if you don't want transgender men with bits in the ladies room
Just don't go in yourself" line of bs!!!!!!
edit on 11-6-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Dawnstar still doesn't seem to understand that THE COUNTY HEALTH ADMINISTRATION is doing this to her...It isn't a "clinic" like Dawnstar and some others are claiming... If the nurse is going to work somewhere else as a nurse she has to move out of the county which could be hundreds of miles away...

edit on 11-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Dawnstar still doesn't seem to understand that THE COUNTY HEALTH ADMINISTRATION is doing this to her...It isn't a "clinic" like Dawnstar and some others are claiming... If she is going to work somewhere else as a nurse she has to move out of the county which could be hundreds of miles away...

Or she could have done what her job description was. Or she could have accepted the 2 other positions that were offered to her.

But yeah, she was soooooo forced to do something that she ended up not doing lol.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
no you don't understand... it's the county's clinics, or do you really think that they shifted the family planning segment of health care for every doctor, hospital, private health clinic in the county over to the pediatric segment? she was a county employee.
and I posted a link to the changes that they made to the law that supposedly will force all doctors and nurses to perform abortion. sorry, the way I read it is that it only will when the delay will adversely affect the health of the patient.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Employers can and do change the rules, it's happened to me before. You either swim or sink. I used to do customer service, then suddenly they wanted us to start trying to sell customers, which I hate doing. I grudgingly did so, those who refused were let go.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Or she could have done what her job description was. Or she could have accepted the 2 other positions that were offered to her.

But yeah, she was soooooo forced to do something that she ended up not doing lol.

The only other position she was offered was a demotion to food inspector... She trained for years to be in pediatrics and worked for years in pediatrics...

Seriously, then you state i am the one making claims when you keep making stupid claims up. She wasn't offered two positions...she was being demoted to a lower rank with less pay... And cleaning the freaking floor is not the same as performing abortions...

edit on 11-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: ...

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

no sorry, it's probably more like gee if you don't want to spend your day with your hands in harsh cleaning agents because they will cause a severe allergic reaction, then you need to find another job because that is the only work we have for you at the present time!
and I know of a guy that was in a similar position, only it was the uv ink he had to play with at work that was causing the painful blisters on his hand. he ended up having to quit..

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

The only other position she was offered was a demotion to food inspector... She trained for years to be in pediatrics and worked for years in pediatrics...
And her job changed because of a merge. Happens to millions of businesses world wide. I don't here you complaining that McDonalds staff have to clean toilets.

Seriously, then you state i am the one making claims when you keep making stupid claims up. She wasn't offered two positions...she was being demoted to a lower rank with less pay... And cleaning the freaking floor is not the same as performing abortions... Only ignorant people would make such a claim.
Who said they were? I compared them as job activity changes. In that context they're the same, regardless of the activity.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

she was offered a nursing position in a nursing home, but well, he son was working there and I guess he chose not to give up his job for hers and the nursing home had a policy about close relatives working together.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

There are few cases where it is legal, and many cases where it is illegal. Mostly when you have an employment contract, if they change job description it could be breach of contract, which is illegal. From what I know, most all nurses are employed with an employment contract.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

Sadly, most contracts have a clause along the lines of "this contract is subject to change at any time with or without your consent".

That means job descriptions can change if they're on said contract without the person agreeing to it.

ETA: I thought I'd add that if the job description is on the contract it will also be worded along the lines of "Duties of XX are, but not limited to...."

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

And cleaning the freaking floor is not the same as performing abortions...

Plan B is NOT an abortion pill. She was never required to perform abortions. She was required to inform patients of clinics that do, most probably in the form of pamphlets.
edit on 11-6-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I don't here you complaining that McDonalds staff have to clean toilets.

What in the world?... Cleaning toilets is not the same as forcing doctors and nurses to perform abortions...

Seriously, no wonder you need a job at McDonalds...

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I don't here you complaining that McDonalds staff have to clean toilets.

What in the world?... Cleaning toilets is not the same as forcing doctors and nurses to perform abortions...
It's EXACTLY the same in the context used. Neither of them were forced because it was because their job descriptions changed.

Seriously, no wonder you need a job at McDonalds...
Last resort of someone losing an argument is ad homs. Well done.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join