It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pediatric nurse sues Winnebago Co Health Dept after losing job for her beliefs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: TerryDon79

Then is it your opinion that if such a claim is made into a law, the claim that newborn babies have no rights since they supposedly and according to some they have no personhood, then it should be no big deal that nurses and doctors get fired if they disagree with such a law?
That killing newborn babies $#!! will never become a frigging law here. I don't think Americans would go for that.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
she was working for the county health dept and the issue was over the idea that she would have to administer a birth control method - plan b, not abortions!

What happens if I'm already pregnant and I take Plan B One-Step®?

There is no medical evidence that Plan B One-Step® would harm a developing baby. Plan B One-Step® will not harm an existing pregnancy. If you have any concerns, please be sure to talk to your healthcare provider.

www.planbonestep.com...

she's objecting to providing birth control, and she works for the county health dept.... ya know those places that so many of yous say a so plentiful that they can handle all the planned parenthood patients once you manage to get them all shut down!!!

I have to ask you something here though...
all across this nation there are catholic hospitals that are not allowing doctors to perform abortions even in cases in which the AMA would say it is the best treatment. they are preventing doctors from doing what they believe is medically necessary for their patients health! I imagine that sitting their on their hands waiting for the fetal heartbeat to stop in a non-viable fetus while infection over runs a women's body is just as morally offensive maybe more so than a nurse having to prescribe a birth control pill within 72 hours of the women's sexual encounter! I raise up the issue with the catholic hospitals and how they are actually endangering women and forcing doctors to go against their better judgements and all is just fine and dandy with some of yous....
but let one little county worker have to provide birth control, which may or may not be actually killing a fertilized egg and all heck breaks loose!!
my answer to yous is the same answer you gave us when hobby lobby just couldn't bring itself to allow birth control covered in their health insurance.... she can always find another job if it's that important to her. I suggest she try a catholic hospital!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I knew a catholic teacher in my 20's. She didn't like that she was prohibited from teaching the students about god. So she quit the public school system and got a job at a catholic school. She is much happier.

No one is forcing anyone to perform abortions. And no one is killing newborns.
edit on 11-6-2016 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

We are being told that no one is being forced to do anything with Obama's mandates, but here is one of the many clear examples that quite the contrary is happening.

What in bloody blue blazes does this have to do with Obama?

This is a COUNTY government providing services mandated by STATE law.

The COUNTY reorganized their Health Care Services structure to SAVE MONEY - isn't that a good thing?

This nurse did NOT lose her job because of her religion - she lost her job because she refused to do her job.

If she doesn't want to do her job then she should change jobs. Simple.

And trying to manufacture outrage over something that is not outrageous, and in fact is not even particularly note worthy is just plain stupid.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

If the claim from philosophers, doctors and other researchers, scientists and politicians, that babies have no human rights

Your premise is ridiculous and it is therefore pointless to extend the discussion. NO ONE has ever said that 'babies have no human rights'. OK, philosophers may have started with such a premise in order to refute it. Why would a doctor or 'other researcher' say such a thing. Scientists? Politicians? Really?

The question is why would you try to start a flame war with such a ridiculous claim? Oh, I know you said 'IF...' which, as you well know, means exactly that you are asserting that these views have indeed been aired in serious discussion. This is not a genuine attempt at discussion, this is an egregious attempt to troll for a flame war and it outs you as a troll.

Well then put up or shut up. Name names. Exactly who has said these thing in seriousness and in context. Then maybe we can discuss whether these folks deserve the oxygen they are breathing or not.

edit on 11/6/2016 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
OP was drunk when he made this thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold
There are things I don't necessarily like doing in my job as well, but I am not paid to be a conscientious objector, I am paid to do my job.

First of all nurses' jobs is not to take lives... It is to save lives... And it used to be a job that was not compulsory for the nurses that would work for abortion clinics...

This nurse was working in pediatrics for 18 years and they forced her to change her job from a live saving one into one that takes lives...

You do know that a lot of doctors and nurses in the past, and even these days were/are paid to take lives... Doesn't make it right. More so when a nurse or doctor does not agree with it...

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

In 2015, the County’s new Public Health Administrator, Dr. Sandra Martell, merged the pediatric clinic with women’s health services and mandated that all nurses be trained to provide abortion referrals and participate in the provision of abortifacients like Plan B.

she isn't being forced to participate in abortions, she is being expected to provide BIRTH CONTROL!! This is just about the same wording that hobby lobby used to get out of covering birth control.
county health clinics don't provide abortions!! that's why some of yous liked the idea of substituting them for the planned parenthood clinics.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I didn't twist anything... You claimed that "it is her job"... It wasn't her job... She was a pediatric nurse for 18 years, and all of a sudden she was forced to work to perform abortions... In abortion clinics only doctors and nurses who agreed with theses procedures worked on them. The compulsory job that doctors and nurses are being forced into started recently in the last 2 years. More and more doctors and nurses are being forced to do this...

Doctors still take the Hippocratic Oath, and part of it states "Also I will, according to my ability and judgment, prescribe a regimen for the health of the sick; but I will utterly reject harm and mischief"...

A lot of doctors and nurses take their jobs seriously... Providing abortions was never compulsory until recently...

The health department wanted to change the role of this nurse when she never applied for it...

You claimed "it is their job so do it or get fired"... It isn't... At least it wasn't compulsory before... I also gave you the analogy that a lot of philosophers, doctors, etc also claim that babies do not have personhood since in the minds of these people babies cannot prove that they are a person yet...

Abortion also started as a debate made by philosophers and some doctors... It didn't suddenly become law. It went through a process of discussion first, and a lot of philosophers and doctors are claiming the same thing of newborns and other babies since they can't prove to have personhood in the minds of these people.

edit on 11-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Excuse me? now you are claiming she isn't being forced when she says she is?...

Here is what and abortionfacient is.

An abortifacient ("that which will cause a miscarriage" from Latin: abortus "miscarriage" and faciens "making") is a substance that induces abortion. Abortifacients for animals that have mated undesirably are known as mismating shots.

en.wikipedia.org...

She was a pediatric nurse for 18 years... Then suddenly the health department decided to force her to change her job and perform abortions...

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
No one is forcing anyone to perform abortions. And no one is killing newborns.

It appears more and more apparent that a lot of people are responding to this without even reading the information provided in the first link...

Yes, nurses and doctors are being forced to perform abortion... It is why republicans are trying to get a bill pass through the house that specifies doctors and nurses shouldn't be forced into providing abortions.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
First of all nurses' jobs is not to take lives... It is to save lives... And it used to be a job that was not compulsory for the nurses that would work for abortion clinics...

It is not compulsory. If things changed at the clinic where she worked she should have looked for another job, not play the victim.

You do know that a lot of doctors and nurses in the past, and even these days were/are paid to take lives...

Besides abortions, please give me examples of when and how nurses and doctors are paid to take lives (and I do not agree that abortions are murder).

originally posted by: awareness10
I'm shocked you actually said that.
You aren't talking about a Dog that's been mangled by a car accident are you?

Oh wait no you're not, you're talking about a human living CHILD. You speak so nonchalantly as though oh hey, it's just a kid who the hell cares not me. Why should my tax dollars be spent on someone else's kid, just kill it and save me some fricking money.

Oh so very honorable of you annee.

You failed to understand what Annee was saying: she was talking babies with incurable medical conditions, babies with such hopeless prognosis doctors would suggest to end their lives, instead of allowing them to live a short life of horrendous suffering. If you have seen the pain certain babies go through before they finally pass, you wouldn't oppose ending their torment. This is not something that's decided lightly, this is a very difficult decision made with the baby's best interest at heart, believe it or not. Google lung and kidney hypoplasia and Potter's syndrome, for example.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: Annee

Oh so very honorable of you annee.

It's horrible to say not every living thing needs or should be hooked up to a machine to make it live?

That some should be left to pass naturally?

link   

originally posted by: Agartha

It is not compulsory. If things changed at the clinic where she worked she should have looked for another job, not play the victim.

You fail to understand that the health department of the entire county were forcing this nurse, among others to perform abortions. She couldn't change jobs to another one in her county. She would have to move to another county, or another state...

Please at least read the first link for crying out loud if you want to participate.
edit on 11-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

link   

Doctors still take the Hippocratic Oath, and part of it states "Also I will, according to my ability and judgment, prescribe a regimen for the health of the sick; but I will utterly reject harm and mischief"...

considering that catholic hospitals prohibit doctors from treating their pregnant patients in what the AMA says is the best methods forcing them instead to risk thier lives and health...
and that seems to be okay with some..
I can only ask....
just who is the special little snowflakes?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Here is what and abortionfacient is.

An abortifacient ("that which will cause a miscarriage" from Latin: abortus "miscarriage" and faciens "making") is a substance that induces abortion. Abortifacients for animals that have mated undesirably are known as mismating shots.

Here's what Plan B is:

Plan B One-Step® emergency contraception is a backup plan that helps prevent pregnancy when taken within 72 hours (3 days) after unprotected sex or birth control failure. The sooner it's taken, the better it works. It contains levonorgestrel, the same hormone used in many birth control pills—just at a higher dose.

It's not an abortionfacient and the nurse wasn't being required to perform abortions.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
and that seems to be okay with some..
I can only ask....
just who is the special little snowflakes?

Wow, just wow... first you claim that no one is being forced and now that you have been proven wrong you want to claim she must be a snowflake because she is being forced to provide abortions when she worked in pediatrics for 18 years?...

It's obvious you have no argument...

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
So the op is claiming that the nurse was forced to perform abortions, but from is own article it says that her job was to give the day after pill, good job twisting another non story to push your far right agenda.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

yes, and the article gives an example of the "abortionfacient" that she was expected to perscribe...

Depending upon where you are in your cycle, Plan B One-Step may work in one of these ways:

It may prevent or delay ovulation.
It may interfere with fertilization of an egg.

It is also possible that this type of emergency birth control prevents implantation of a fertilized egg in the uterus by altering its lining.

Plan B One-Step is not the same as RU-486, which is an abortion pill. It does not cause a miscarriage or abortion. In other words, it does not stop development of a fetus once the fertilized egg implants in the uterus. So it will not work if you are already pregnant when you take it.

www.webmd.com...

when the right to life group talk about abortifacients, they tend to include these types of birth control also, since there are three ways that they work to prevent pregnancy and if the first two fail then the third might prevent it. and that third way is to thin the lining of the uterus to prevent implantation of a fertilized egg...

Birth Control Methods that Cause Abortions
1. The Pill – Progesterone only, low dose combination pills

The Physician’s Desk Reference lists the above hormonal contraceptives as having three mechanisms of action: 1) Prevent ovulation, 2) Thicken the cervical mucus to prevent sperm from entering the uterus and fallopian tube, and 3) Alter the lining of the uterus so implantation cannot take place. The third action, if and when it occurs, is abortifacient since in this case a new human being has been created but this human being is killed because she is prevented from receiving the nourishment provided by her mother’s uterine wall). Although pro-life physicians continue to debate if and how often hormonal contraceptives interfere with the implantation of an embryo, it is important to educate ourselves and our clients about this potential action of the Pill. Those who seek to protect the sanctity of human life from the point of fertilization should be cautious about taking any drug that could end the developing child’s life.

For more information:

Does the Birth Control Pill Cause Abortions?

The Pill: Contraceptive or Abortifacient?
2. Morning after pill

Large doses of existing birth control pills (or another drug levonorgestrel, known as Plan B) are given up to 72 hours after intercourse to attempt to prevent the implantation of the embryo. A second dose is given 12 hours after the first one. The action of these large doses of hormonal birth control pills works to prevent ovulation and/or fertilization.
3. Norplant

This implant is placed under the skin of the arm for up to a 5 year period. The progesterone hormone’s effect is to suppress ovulation, but after 2 years, there is a greater chance of break-through ovulation and fertilization. The hormone may then prevent implantation of the embryo.
4. Depo-Provera

This Progesterone (hormone) derivative is injected every 3 months to prevent a woman from ovulating, but it also alters the uterine lining. Break-through ovulation and fertilization may occur, though less frequently than with Norplant. The drug may then prevent implantation of the embryo.

www.abortionno.org...

she's objecting to having to prescribe birth control to women.... not having to abort babies.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

no dear I am claiming that there's quite a few special snowflakes running around who feel that their objection to BIRTH CONTROL and abortion should give them special protections as to not to offend their conscious while totally ignoring just how offensive it would be for a doctor not to give the proper care to women in crisis pregnancies!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join