It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pediatric nurse sues Winnebago Co Health Dept after losing job for her beliefs

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

I don't know I guess the family planning was separated from the services for the children like vaccines and monitoring their birth rate and such... otherwise they wouldn't have merged. I've haven't been to a country health clinic in decades but I never noticed any sign of separation like that. they seemed to have the days assigned, one day would be for vaccines, other's would be for pregnancy related services, ect. which well, if they had special nurses for the different services then they were either not full time employees or they traveled from one clinic to the next depending on what day it was.
the lady should go talk to catholic charities, I bet they would have a position for her and it be much more suitable for her.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Amen!
edit on 14-6-2016 by ladyvalkyrie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
So OP....if a devout Muslim took a job at a county health clinic, but then refused to serve anyone they deemed to be an infidel, would you be defending THEIR religious rights as vehemently??????

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
If you can't do the job go work somewhere else. Geese poor persecuted Christians

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
the lady should go talk to catholic charities, I bet they would have a position for her and it be much more suitable for her.

The lady is being protected by the law that protects even employees you, and some others here wish would just do what you want them to do...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

No response, I'll ask again:

So OP....if a devout Muslim took a job at a county health clinic, but then refused to serve anyone they deemed to be an infidel, would you be defending THEIR religious rights as vehemently??????

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie
or one of those who were working in the family planning section who is refusing to give vaccines because they believe that they cause autism and other problems...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

and no, it's not protecting those doctors in the catholic hospitals who feel that it is pure negligence to not provide the most efficient and safest treatment when pregnancies go into crisis mode. they are expected to goes against their morality and accept the authority of the hospital that they happen to be working in at the time... maybe because it's the only hospital in a 100 mile radius.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: dawnstar

The lady is being protected by the law that protects even employees you, and some others here wish would just do what you want them to do...

You are ignoring the info in my post. Why?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

You are ignoring the info in my post. Why?

How would her refusal to suggest to patients the use of morning after pills impair the health of patients?... Do you actually believe all the lies from certain people that "human fetuses are like viruses/bacteria"?...

edit on 15-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   

You made the argument that her personal beliefs allows her to refuse to take part in anything abortion related. I was pointing out, if the bill is signed, she no longer has that option. You ignored that and went back to your original position.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

do you actually believe that pregnancy doesn't impair the health of any women?
if that health clinic is the only place within a reasonable area to obtain the morning after pill and she was the only nurse on duty to do it, then yes, this law would make her responsible for giving it to her.
and it was you who brought up the distance problem when it came to the idea that the nurse might have to find a different job.
most people go much longer than 72 hours before finding a job when unemployed. but there is only a 72 hour window for giving the morning after pill-- which MIGHT cause a fertilized egg from implanting into the uterus.-- and prevent a pregnancy, which in a few cases might pose a significant risk to the women.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

It isn't an immediate health concern, if a nurse is against suggesting teenagers, or women about "the morning after pills" and the law states she doesn't have to be forced to do it, there are other nurses that are more than willing to give that advice. The woman/child wasn't dying, she didn't have an infection even though there are people in the left who think a human fetus is an infection...

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

You made the argument that her personal beliefs allows her to refuse to take part in anything abortion related. I was pointing out, if the bill is signed, she no longer has that option. You ignored that and went back to your original position.

Oh, I see... and if another law is passed saying that parents are able to murder their newborn as well as long as it's passed as a law it is ok?...

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

kind of like she could always look elsewhere for a job if she doesn't like the one she has??? the morning after pill only has a 72 hour window, after that you cannot take it so it's the last ditch effort to prevent pregnancy and avoid an abortion.
the morning after pill is not an abortion, and those who take it will usually not know weather or not they were even at risk of becoming pregnant, more than likely their body will just go on with it's monthly cycle.
having an abortion could be a tad bit riskier for some women, and having to actually go through the pregnancy and giving birth increases that risk even more and is life threatening for some women.

and this is what I posted:

if that health clinic is the only place within a reasonable area to obtain the morning after pill and she was the only nurse on duty to do it, then yes, this law would make her responsible for giving it to her.

so now in my list of "ifs" there wasn't any other nurses available! and, I was talking about more than just advising the patients as to where she could get the plan b, if the closest place to get it was beyond the patient's ability to get there within the 72 hour winder, I was talking about actually having to provide it to her.
that is if they changed the law the way I believe they either did, or are planning to.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Kind of like, there are still just laws protecting people's rights, and not "dictator laws" that you like... But worry not, the party you keep voting for will eventually take your rights away as well... But so far, the law still protects her against your will, and that of other left wingers... Your will is not yet supreme like you want it to be...

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie
Trying to force employers and patients and everyone else to bow to YOUR beliefs is NOT religious freedom, it's Special Snowflake Syndrome.

Wow. You know, I had some respect for you as a former officer, but it's kind of going away. "Snowflake syndromes" comes from people who "seek psychiatric help when they hear or read a name"... Not when some left winger is trying to force their views on everyone else.

What you are pretty much saying is that people's belief shouldn't be respected, but your belief should be enforced on them...

edit on 15-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

So you are incapable of rationale conversation.

To respond to your illogical comment - no.

If the law is signed the the nurse can look for a new job. Or she can keep her job by doing her job.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

??? the party of mickey mouse and donald duck is going to win this election?? cool!!!! hope mickey still has his magic wand, because it's the only thing that is going to save this country!!!

I see that not only do we have a difference in opinion at to just what constitutes an abortion but also what constitutes a dictatorship, since it seems to me that it would be rather dictator like to exert your beliefs above the life and health of another person. which seems to be what you want....

edit on 16-6-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I'm saying she is totally entitled to her beliefs, as you are yours, as I am mine. But when you start trying to force others to behave according to your PERSONAL beliefs, then it's no longer your personal religious freedom. At that point you are forcing your beliefs on others, you are infringing on THEIR personal rights. This nurse can't just find a position that doesn't interfere with her personal beliefs, she insists on staying in one that does and forcing her supervisors, coworkers and patients to all bow down to her. Special Snowflake.

And you still haven't answered my question, I'll ask for a third time. Let's say a devout Muslim man took a nursing job at the county health clinic. But refused to even speak to women unless they were wearing the proper hijab? Refused to give any health related information to gay people, since they all deserve to die anyway? Refused to give any family planning information to females unless they are married and accompanied by their husband? Would you support this hypothetical man's religious rights as much as you are supporting this nurse's religious rights?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join