It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pediatric nurse sues Winnebago Co Health Dept after losing job for her beliefs

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

but, I think you would agree with me that all the hormonal birth control pills, plus the iud work in about the same way. if all else fails, they make the uterus and inhospitable place so the fertile egg can't implant itself.

The human fertile egg is the beginnings of a fetus which starts with fertilization. The genes are already picked, and the sex is already picked. So hormone blockers, or pills that are depriving the fetus from developing and cause it to die are abortifacients.

so why are you just mentioning ella and plan b?
could it be that you are hoping that we all will accept this and then pop the rest of your truth onto us?

First, because those are two of the "morning pills" used. Second, because plan b is mentioned in the lawsuit as being

BTW, you are still trying to avoid talking about the laws that protect people, including nurses, from being discriminated in base to their beliefs...

Not to mention the fact that in the Illinois Health Care Right of Conscience Act it states even health practitioners, employees, etc cannot be forced to participate in any way even to counsel, assist, recommend, or refer any form of healthcare service the healthcare services contrary to his or her conscience.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I didn't bother reading the whole laws but this did pop out at me:

(745 ILCS 70/13) (from Ch. 111 1/2, par. 5313)
Sec. 13. Liability for refusal to provide certain health care. Nothing in this Act shall be construed as excusing any person, public or private institution, or public official from liability for refusal to permit or provide a particular form of health care service if:
(a) the person, public or private institution or public official has entered into a contract specifically to provide that particular form of health care service; or
(b) the person, public or private institution or public official has accepted federal or state funds for the sole purpose of, and specifically conditioned upon, permitting or providing that particular form of health care service.
(Source: P.A. 90-246, eff. 1-1-98.)

www.ilga.gov...

more than like the little country health clinic is getting title x funding to provide the family planning service??

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

No you didn't! You cited a pseudo science pro-life web site that conveniently changed the medical definition of pregnancy. Plan B prevents pregnancy. No pregnancy, no abortion!

WRONG... i gave direct links to medical research published in medical journals. Simply because you don't want to accept them, and because you want to claim anything you disagree with is "pseudo-science" doesn't make it so... Another fallacy presented by windword...

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I didn't bother reading the whole laws but this did pop out at me:
more than like the little country health clinic is getting title x funding to provide the family planning service??

And now you are just trying to protect the Winnebago county health and DR. Sandra Martell while still refusing to acknowledge that the Illinois Health Care Right of Conscience Act also protects employees...
edit on 12-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Do tell me something... You actually believe that all of a sudden and just because Dr. Sandra Martell merged pediatrics with women's health that there isn't work for a pediatric nurse to work in pediatrics alone?...

All of a sudden all the jobs that have existed for as long as pediatrics has existed, and which pediatric nurses have been performing "disappeared because of the merge"?...

Please...

edit on 12-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

All your so called "medical journal" (cough, cough) said was that 1) they didn't agree with the accepted medical definition of "pregnancy", and 2) According to their definition of "pregnancy", Plan B has the potential to work "via abortion".... meaning, it's meant to stop ovulation, but will also prevent implantation.

Like I said, you pro-life/anti-choice/forced birthers are welcome to your own opinions, but you are not welcome to your own facts!

FACT: Plan B prevents pregnancy. No pregnancy, no abortion!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

let me ask you something
if a doctor wanted to be a surgeon but was jahova witness and he was in this state, should be be allow to train as a surgeon while refusing to be trained about transfusions? should we allow him to go into the operating room and start cutting someone open knowing full well that if the patient starts bleeding out they are screwed?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I don't know that is something that the courts will have to decide. maybe the health clinic saw that while the family planning personnel were working their tails off and still not managing to handle their caseload, the pediaticians were spending alot of time idle. or there would be other problems. I mean if you have a policy of first come and first serve, and the personnel is going through finishing up one and just picking up the next folder, some patients might get a little irked watching a nurse fumble through folder after folder till she hits one that she wasn't to do.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

It is a medical journal... and btw you better go see about that cough, it might be that something is affecting your brain and is making you cough uncontrollably.

This is the problem... You, and some other people want to claim that only progressives are real scientists... When progressives even those that work in science keep trying to impose their agenda in science...

It started by making women believe they show to be free and in control by having abortions. Which btw I have to give it to them, it was a very smart maneuver to get women to believe such a lie... Now they keep trying to increase the time frame in which abortions can be performed.

I have already shown that many progressive doctors, progressive moral philosophers, and progressive researchers are even trying to make it legal for women to legally murder their newborn babies even if they are completely healthy...

Even showed how Hillary Clinton, a Presidential candidate, believes and stated on her own words that she believes the law "Roe v Wade" includes allowing women to abort their babies even hours before they are born... So it is obvious that the very far left agenda to keep pushing for eugenics even on fully formed completely healthy babies keeps on going, and it's not going to stop there.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

All of which have nothing to do with the nurse in the op.

Funny that.

ETA: You still haven't address my post where I asked you to show where the clinic performs abortions.
edit on 1262016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Again between a Doctor and patient and not a nurse.

I respect the nurses right to believe what she wants. I dont agree with her stance when it comes to work.

Dont like the policy / job requirements, find another job.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

You, and some other people want to claim that only progressives are real scientists

The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists determined the definition of pregnancy. Pregnancy occurs when the embryo implants into the uterine wall. You can't have your own facts. You can believe that "life" starts at fertilization, but pregnancy starts at implantation.

I have already shown that many progressive doctors, progressive moral philosophers, and progressive researchers are even trying to make it legal for women to legally murder their newborn babies even if they are completely healthy...

No you haven't.

Even showed how Hillary Clinton, a Presidential candidate, believes and stated on her own words that she believes the law "Roe v Wade" includes allowing women to abort their babies even hours before they are born...

You don't know what you're talking about. If an nonviable fetus is causing a woman to go into septic shock, and is threatening her life, then the only humane choice is to save the woman's life by performing an abortion, regardless of how far along the nonviable fetus is.

edit on 12-6-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

and the Supreme Court made abortion legal. Religion should not be involved in politics. This nurse im sure would object to being forced to wear a burqua because a muslim doctor is employed there.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

let me ask you something
if a doctor wanted to be a surgeon but was jahova witness and he was in this state, should be be allow to train as a surgeon while refusing to be trained about transfusions? should we allow him to go into the operating room and start cutting someone open knowing full well that if the patient starts bleeding out they are screwed?

Heh?... Going off tangent again?... I wonder why?... First of all, Jehova witnesses do not get into jobs in which they have do deal with blood. However, they can work in jobs that allow them to use separate blood components including plasma. Plasma is after all a blood component. One of my aunts who still lives in Cuba is a Jehova witness, and she was also a molecular biologist but using plasma and other components of blood separately. Yes, my family is very large and diverse.

You see, you keep trying to make me go off tangent...

Does the Illinois Health Care Right of Conscience Act also protects employees against discrimination, and even demotions due to their moral objections?... More so a nurse trained in pediatrics which has nothing to do with women's health?...

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Again, you can disagree with her all you want, but the fact is that there are laws protecting even health employees from discrimination. The law protects her from this kind of discrimination, and please, stop trying to go off tangent about "a Muslim doctor making her use a burqua"... There are laws respecting each person's own beliefs, and that includes not being forced to do something she disagrees with... Not to mention the fact again, that she is a pediatric nurse not a nurse who has trained in women's health.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists determined the definition of pregnancy. Pregnancy occurs when the embryo implants into the uterine wall. You can't have your own facts. You can believe that "life" starts at fertilization, but pregnancy starts at implantation.

wow..wow..wow..windword twisting facts when it's convenient... First of all, you are talking about when pregnancy is accepted to begin... I was talking about when human life begins.

Let's see...

How does pregnancy begin?

Fertilization, the union of an egg and a sperm into a single cell, is the first step in a complex series of events that leads to pregnancy. Fertilization takes place in the fallopian tube. Over the next few days, the single cell divides into multiple cells. At the same time, the small cluster of dividing cells moves through the fallopian tube to the lining of the uterus. There it implants and starts to grow. From implantation until the end of the eighth week of pregnancy, the baby is called an embryo. From the ninth week of pregnancy until birth, it is called a fetus.

www.acog.org...

Pregnancy is not when human life begins, it begins at fertilization of the ovum by the spermatozoid. Then the sex is already picked, and the genes are already picked.

There can be a lot of complications after fertilization which is why it is stated that you are pregnant at implantation... But then again, there can also be a lot of complications after implantation which can also lead to miscarriage.

edit on 12-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

wow..wow..wow..windword twisting facts when it's convenient... First of all, you are talking about when pregnancy is accepted to begin... I was talking about when human life begins.

No. You're talking about abortion, and abortions terminate pregnancies. Pregnancies occur upon implantation of an embryo into the uterine lining.

And, again, there is no BEGINNING to life. Life is a continuous cycle. There is no magical "Life Fairy" that bestows life where is was not previously.

edit on 12-6-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I am saying that I really don't know, that little part that I posted might pertain to the employees of those places that receive federal money to provide certain services such as family planning. it depends on how you wish to read it.

no, care to explain to me, why should your religious beliefs protect you from being axed if you refuse a part of your job, but my son more than likely would have been denied unemployment if he had quit his job because it was damaging him physically?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

You either go with the flow when it comes to the changing demands of jobs after reorganization or get off the fire if you don't like it and find another job.

Problem solve, when it comes to reorganizations jobs do not need to accommodate to everybody needs specially when they are motivated by believes, this America after all.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Well no the law doesn't respect everyone's belief. If it did would protect the person seeking an abortion. She can practice her religion on her own time. As I stated she can either comply with hospital policy or find a new job.

A person seeking an abortion is a medical issue and not a religious one. If she wanted a lecture on religion she could have gone to a church instead of a hospital. The same holds for the nurse wanting to practice her religion at work, where it doesnt belong.
edit on 12-6-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join