It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s Insane Losing Strategy: Targeting States He Can’t Possibly Win Is a Gift to Hillary

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: tigertatzen

Hee hee hee. shhhhh whispers...put that away not yet. You..round back. Joe take the side. Yes we have ways...
Cover me...

Hell...by the time it's all said and done they'll probably be ready to just hand him over. No ninja moves required...although we'd probably have to stand in line...

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

As an avid reader I know what you mean...I hate it when an author basically "gives up" and tries to just end the book in a near-suicide like manner.

It feels like being cheated. I throw my hands up and say, "Hey! I invested hours into this book, and you're just going to end everything in one, 20 page chapter!"

Who knows...what I do know, and have been saying is that it's an uphill battle for electoral college votes for the GOP. They have to win twice as many electoral college votes to secure the White House.

It seems weird that Trump would focus so much on solid blue states. I think his ego screams, "I *will* make them love me!" Maybe he can't stand not doing well in those places since he's a "winner"?

When your ego gets in the way, it clouds your judgement ... and bad judgement makes for a poor commander in chief...

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Trump wasn't even supposed to win the republican nomination.

So to question a strategy that has been successful indicates that the left is worried.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Trump isn't stupid. He knows that without the minorities and women's vote he can't win.
I think his ulterior motive was to destroy the GOP. Why is the question?

Yes, why indeed? I have a feeling we're all about to find out.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Swills

?

where did I ever say any of that?

It's the typical liberal logic. Imagine words that were not said, filling in blanks that do not exist.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: xuenchen

No, because that's not all as it comes off but regardless, your attitude is quite different when it's anti Trump protesters committing violence.

But that all said, obviously this wouldn't be the first time Trump incited violence and won't be the last if he goes threw with this Cali plan. Imagine if Hell froze over and he won the election how much violence there would be on that day and that days to come? He'd love every minute of it as he fully supporters Martial Law.

Hey, you voting for this guy?

So you are advocating violence if Trump wins?

(That's basically how you are reading a false narrative into what xuenchen wrote.)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
a reply to: DBCowboy

Most strategists seem to think he should be trying to win over battleground and swing states that he has a chance at turning...

Instead of pouring money and time into a state he has no chance of turning or winning.

In order to WIN he will have to FLIP states. California will NOT flip.

It's a waste of his time.

Most strategists called Jeb Bush the nominee early on.

So forgive me if I don't take the word of pundits.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: Swills

LOL

So his main objective is to stir up protesters into violence.

Wait, so you it's funny when Trump incites violence? But I thought BLM and anti Trump protesters were thugs for their violence?

So funny when Trump incites it, tragic when anti Trump supporters commit it?

Gotcha.

Trump is inciting nothing. If the anti-trump protesters turn to violence, that is their decision, not Trumps. If you disagree with my position, you can walk away, argue/discuss with me rationally like a human or get violent, the choice is yours not mine. The same thing applies to anti-trump protestors, the choice is theirs, not Trumps.

Or are you implying that all liberals are weak minded and easily lead astray?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

are you trying to say that you don't have a working brain?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Money can't buy love, beauty , health or brains.

Hillary certainly proves that.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

As an avid reader I know what you mean...I hate it when an author basically "gives up" and tries to just end the book in a near-suicide like manner.

It feels like being cheated. I throw my hands up and say, "Hey! I invested hours into this book, and you're just going to end everything in one, 20 page chapter!"

Who knows...what I do know, and have been saying is that it's an uphill battle for electoral college votes for the GOP. They have to win twice as many electoral college votes to secure the White House.

It seems weird that Trump would focus so much on solid blue states. I think his ego screams, "I *will* make them love me!" Maybe he can't stand not doing well in those places since he's a "winner"?

When your ego gets in the way, it clouds your judgement ... and bad judgement makes for a poor commander in chief...

It's entirely possible that you're right. I personally think he's a plant (and I've said that since the beginning), as someone else said earlier, but even so...he's got an enormous ego for sure.

Maybe he just wasn't content with playing a part, got in too deep like you say, and now his ego can't handle being perceived as a failure.

Or...as my cynical self suspects...maybe this is simply the last act in the performance and he's getting antsy.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

The truth is no one ever died because of Hillary ...

So would you have volunteered to work for the state department in a terrorist hotspot while Hillary was in charge of security budgets? Because if so, you would have had a bad time...

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

a reply to: bobs_uruncle
Money can't buy love, beauty

Have you seen Trump's wife?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Leaving aside the conspiracy theories for just a second, the fact remains that Trump has taken the GOP nomination without relying on the core of republicans. It doesn't matter if California is not a republican state, if Trump works by pulling in Democrats and independents. Which he does.

And if you view his campaign as a form of reality TV, then it is important for his show that he go to the cultural meccas of New York and Hollywood; regardless of whether he actually wins them. The Kardashians don't get filmed in Cleveland or Omaha. Neither does trump.

The whole plan of Hilary's campaign is to "Lock-up" her "safe states," and get close to 270 electoral votes (hopefully 250 or better), and then just deny the opponent at least one battleground state a traditional republican nominee would need. It's the reverse of Bush's 2004 campaign strategy, which worked so well for him.

The fact is, if Republicans chose their nominee this year, they would have chosen Rubio or Cruz. Instead, a bunch of independents and non-voters "immigrated" into the republican party, and got Trump the title.

Cruz ended up losing so hard that he barely took his "Safe" home state; Rubio failed even to accomplish that.

Trump's campaign is post-modern and post-territorial. His plan is to make it happen on a national level.

(post by lavatrance removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland
Which states are those and what says Trum cant win em
Name a state that is thought impossible , and I betchya I can find a Republican candidate that did

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

a reply to: awareness10

The truth is no one ever died because of Hillary

Are you serious???

What reality do you live in?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

We the people don't take kindly to folks f**king up our elections. We have ways.....

Do you have any idea who you sound like?

Hint: He was Austrian

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

That's about how I feel right now.

At first I had just written this election off and was not going to vote out of disgust for the whole absurd fiasco.

Then the actions of the anti Trumpers swayed me to vote against them, not for Trump.

Now I just don't understand WTF Trump is doing. I watched his speech yesterday and it was pretty lacking and pathetic.

He has so much ammo against Clinton it almost seems he had to intentionally swing and miss.

So I am back to not giving a rats ass about this election.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

LOL

So his main objective is to stir up protesters into violence.

Why are you laughing? It is not his main agenda, but it is one of his central tactics. The violence at his rallies have made them the lead news item on every network throughout the campaign. You can't buy that kind of publicity. It makes his opponents look bad, him like a martyr, and it will justify strong arm police tactics in the future. Cost: nothing; result: priceless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join