It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump 2016...this is the truth...how long he has wanted to help and now is his chance

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

The government can create jobs in the private sector with lower business taxes and less bs regulation. That is why the current government is bringing in record tax amounts but their spending is out of control. Cutting the corporate tax to 15% would double jobs in many areas. That is why the current admin is suddenly looking at it.

Lower Taxes. Yes, it works. Why not have someone that wants to try? Better than someone who has not even addressed it. Hillary has talked more about Trump than any platforms.

Reagan did not beat the Soviets in the Cold War. Afghanistan did.

US military is not its best or ready. Is it powerful...yes...do we need to spend 3 billion for each new jet. ..no. We need infrastructure and to not worry about gender issues.

His legacy will be proving the pundits wrong as he has many times.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I am just trying to show there is a reason. I know it is hard for some to understand but I do not hate HIllary supporters. It seems if you like Trump you are immediately labeled.

He is also not perfect. It says things sometimes that simply cause conversation. There is no way we would all be talking like this, about what is best for the nation, if it was a Bush/Hillary race. It would have been boring.....

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Wow....you just described exactly what Trump wants to do...if you would read anything about him, or listened.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
. Lower Taxes. Strong military

How is the military going to get its funding to be "strong" when also lowering taxes? What will be cut and how many will end up worse off just so Trump can make the most powerful military the world has ever seen even "stronger"? With lowering taxes and supporting cuts to certain federal departments, how can you call that job friendly? Can you explain to me how Trump is going "make more jobs happen"? Is he going to lower the taxes on the wealthy and claim it will lead to more jobs? If so then I say no thank you, trickle down is a joke and lower taxes on the " job creators" has not lead to higher employment.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Wow....you just described exactly what Trump wants to do...if you would read anything about him, or listened.

I know a lot of what Trump says he wants to do. That's not my issue with him.

Don't mistake me being against him as the same thing as being against some of what he says. I mean hell, he's got some of the same ideas as Sanders on occasion who I did support.

Obviously I don't like every idea Trump has, but some of them are great. He's against TPP, he wants to put tariffs back to regulate the free trade problems, stuff like that. That's not my issue. My issue is that when he says that stuff I don't believe one word of it because he goes back and forth on other issues, panders to different groups with others, has been deceptive the entire time with everyone, has more character flaws than I can even keep up with and he's got a history of doing many scumbag other things.

The things he says from time to time aren't the problem. Most of them aren't anything detailed either. But they make nice slogans. I admit that his slogans and general ideas are sometimes really good. Now if he could somehow make me believe that he'd actually do any of them at all I might support him. Anyone can rattle off some neat slogans that sound good. Anyone can tell you they'll make America Great Again with out explaining exactly how. Anyone can take other people's ideas and say something similar that makes them sound good.

If that's all it took was some fake words and promises by someone to get me to vote for them, hell I could just go with Hillary for that matter. She'll say anything to get people on her side. But what good is that if they're completely full of sh*t when they say it???
edit on 11-6-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

How is the military going to get its funding to be "strong" when also lowering taxes? What will be cut and how many will end up worse off just so Trump can make the most powerful military the world has ever seen even "stronger"? With lowering taxes and supporting cuts to certain federal departments, how can you call that job friendly? Can you explain to me how Trump is going "make more jobs happen"? Is he going to lower the taxes on the wealthy and claim it will lead to more jobs? If so then I say no thank you, trickle down is a joke and lower taxes on the " job creators" has not lead to higher employment.

Probably can start with not making kids get a licence for a friggin lemonade stand!

It's trickle down stupid that people should be worried about.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Pretty vocal for an 'introvert'. I don't buy it for a second......

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: matafuchs

Its irrelevant wether he is sincere or not.

If he enters office he will find himself powerless and at the mercy of those truely in power. He will be given a line to follow and if he doesnt he will come down with acute lead poisoning followed by a chronic case of being dead.

Trump might be a brilliant buisnessman but he is a peon and nobody compared to the powers he is going to come up against. CIA? NSA? the myriad of other unaccountable fedral departments? They can bring resources to bear on him magnitudes greater than anything trump has.

One single man cant fight those odds no matter who he is. To sort your government out you need the whole country to clear out DC.

You do realize the president appoints the head if the CIA and FBI. So the person he gives the job is going to attack him. I really wish people would think things thru before they say stupid things. The real power is Capitalists. So you want to know who attempting g to run the country look at the Koch brothers and Soros and to a lesser extent people like Gates. These people are spending lots of money trying to keep Trump out of office. So now why do you think that might be?? Well my theory is they think Trump is more worried about a legacy this late in life and less about money. And he knows how to play the game and he could dismantle if he was president and inclined to.

As far as Trump being a narcasist of course he is. That's been obvious just watch his TV shows nothing new.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

For one thing, he plans to fix the trade agreements with other countries so that it is more lucrative for manufacturers to build industries in the US instead of manufacturing overseas.

Every manufacturing facility in the US not only adds manufacturing jobs, it adds construction, services, and a multitude of other jobs to support manufacturing. Then people who are not cut out for college can make a living wage and support their families without needing to try to make a living working in fast food. Thus, people will have more money to spend, and this will cause growth in retail and other services.

Trump plans to cut wasteful spending in government. There are millions of our tax dollars wasted every year. Cuts in wastefulness can be used for more useful purposes, such as strengthening the military.

The country needs someone smart to manage the budget. Someone who is not budgeting based on lobbyist demands and pressure from politicians.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I am just trying to show there is a reason. I know it is hard for some to understand but I do not hate HIllary supporters. It seems if you like Trump you are immediately labeled.

He is also not perfect. It says things sometimes that simply cause conversation. There is no way we would all be talking like this, about what is best for the nation, if it was a Bush/Hillary race. It would have been boring.....

I thought about trying to make a similar point to you.

I enjoyed Mr. Trump as a reality show celebrity. In that venue he was an entertaining character, and sometimes, I admit it was a case of "love to hate." I had respect for his abilities in business back in the 80s and 90s when he was actually developing things rather than selling and promoting his "brand."

At this point though, he seems to have taken a turn. He seems to be willing to use those not inconsiderable entertainment abilities to sway people into emphasizing the absolute worst characteristics we all share. He is no longer portraying a petty, egotistical bully ... he's become one. Perhaps he always was one.

To think that such a person should have any political power at all is literally insane to me. To think he should be President of the United States? Beyond the pale.

No, I don't hate "Trump supporters" either ... it is literally a case where it seems like we are seeing two different worlds.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

We are not picking a friend to hang out with.
We are hiring someone to do a job.

I would rather have someone who knows what it takes to fix the country than some sweet talking snake oil salesman who talks nice but will do nothing but be a puppet to lobbyists and do nothing to fix the country.

And I would rather have someone who speaks his mind. I trust that he is telling the truth rather than saying what others want to hear.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

Surely you know about "fraud" being taken against "all" govt. programs. Lets start there, OK...

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

We are not picking a friend to hang out with.
We are hiring someone to do a job.

I would rather have someone who knows what it takes to fix the country than some sweet talking snake oil salesman who talks nice but will do nothing but be a puppet to lobbyists and do nothing to fix the country.

And I would rather have someone who speaks his mind. I trust that he is telling the truth rather than saying what others want to hear.

Thanks for your comment. I would rather have someone who knows what it takes to fix the country too.

That person is not Donald Trump. Also, there is nothing or at least there is nothing one person any person can do to "fix" the country. We are changing and evolving as every nation and people do. Some of us don't like the way we're changing.

Donald J. Trump is an actor. He has created a character. That character has taken over and now seems to dominate him.

There is nothing about this current incarnation of Trump that strikes me as being able to lead the United States.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I think that Donald Trump can make the country better. He is the only one to identify and acknowledge the actual problems that need to be fixed.

He knows how to get things done. He will get the right people on the right tasks. And he will surround himself with smart people to give him the information needed to make common sense decisions.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I think that Donald Trump can make the country better. He is the only one to identify and acknowledge the actual problems that need to be fixed.

He knows how to get things done. He will get the right people on the right tasks. And he will surround himself with smart people to give him the information needed to make common sense decisions.

I understand that you believe that. I'm not sure how of course, but I trust you when you say it. Respectfully, I can accept you believe that while I can simultaneously do everything I can to convince anyone who will listen how DANGEROUS I think Trump as President would be.

No one is "the only one" to do anything. Certainly not Trump. That sounds more like a cult-of-personality than anything else.

"He knows how to get things done." Like what? Most Republicans are against him, almost all the Democrats ... who is he going to "get things done with"?

The President of the US is not a CEO that can bark commands and have them followed.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Good god. One page in and the usual suspects show themselves. Can't just leave a Trump thread alone. Thanks for the video link. I'll watch it.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

Good god. One page in and the usual suspects show themselves. Can't just leave a Trump thread alone. Thanks for the video link. I'll watch it.

What's the point of leaving a thread alone??? If you're looking for confirmation bias you should try Facebook or youtube where challenging ideas rarely happens.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Since the late 80's, he has had he hand in politics but not as a politician.

You're right he was a donor who liked to get favors from politicians...just if we was all that rich. He is part of the establishment ...you wake up. I wish someone would just step in and stop all this madness. Trump or Hillary....what is the lesser of two evils? This country is screwed.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

You do realize the president appoints the head if the CIA and FBI.

Cute except the US presidents likely gets told what names to pick, at most he gets a list of preapproved names in a list he can pick from.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

HIllary and Bill do nothing like Trump. What is your point? None...move on please.....no one cares to hear your rhetoric.

This says it all: If you do not agree with me you have no right to speak. Donald Trump has said as much at his rallies.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join