It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We can dance Nobby's dance, we could dance it in France.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

England won't win it.
We have the players, but the manager is too negative and is still unsure of his ideal line-up.

I think we'll beat both Wales and Slovakia and hopefully Wales will do enough against Russia for them to qualify too.

I suspect England will go out in the Quarters, we'll probably arse it on penalties, as per usual!

In a year of surprises I don't see one happening in this tournament - the usual suspects will be there at the end.
Not sure how the draw is scheduled etc but I wouldn't be too surprised with a Spain - Germany final.

Dark horses would be Italy, generally available at 16/1 but you can get 19/1 with the likes of 888Sport.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I'm not saying at all that it will be the final, I just say it will be a tense and by that exciting final.
I just like those tense games, this championship and others. Like a Germany-Netherlands or a Chili-Argentina.

I saw all the games up to now and as for now no one was really excelling (so far). But no doubt England-Russia will be a tense battle.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

That's true. Especially Northern Ireland vs Poland was boring.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I thought Russia were okay, but I think you will get something from the game against them.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I think I got caught up in a moment and made this thread.

As you say, we have the players, but it might take a quirk of fate for us to find our best team. Hodgson is a seasoned manager, but a bit old school. He should have brought Vardy on to ruffle the Russian defence, as they looked very tired after around 70 minutes.

I notice the Germans have just scored, that's how we should have been finishing last night. We had enough chances, just couldn't find that moment of magic. Although Dier's free kick was very good and we need to stop Kane from taking any corners and free kicks. He should be in the box challenging for the ball coming in, he doesn't take either for his club.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Now Belgium vs Italy, both could be our new European Champion. Are you watching, what do you think?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

The second half was pretty entertaining.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

So Italy it is.

It's pretty cool actually as European I can freely choose which Trikot I like.

edit on 13-6-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

European here too, no supporter of any team, besides the ones that play good or entertain me.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Now Belgium vs Italy, both could be our new European Champion. Are you watching, what do you think?

I thought Italy played the way they needed to. Sublime to the ridiculous and the number of cards is testament to that.

Spain were lucky earlier and Ireland were unlucky.

Your boys looked good at times, but you were exposed on a number of occasions and you can be exploited. But that second goal was magical to watch.
edit on 13/6/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

European here too, no supporter of any team, besides the ones that play good or entertain me.

Well, you're not Scottish then, so you must be Dutch?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

No I'm not, I just like to watch international tournaments, short and sweet. It is the only time I watch soccer though once every two years. I just prefer to see good teams win over supporting a team that just happen to have players that are registered as citizens of the country I am in.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Bookmakers have cut Italy to a general 10/1.....a bit early to say but my 16/1 is looking like good value.

Looking forward to Thursday - still think we can win both of our remaining group games but we can't afford to take anything for granted.
And I really hope the Taffy's stick it right up Russia in their last group match to ensure both Home Nations in the group qualify to the next stage.

I think there's been a couple of good performances so far, particularly Italy and Germany, but I honestly don't think there's anything we need to unduly worry about, we just need Woy to be a bit more positive and fluid in his approach.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Holy #!
First the German referee not giving a clear penalty (sorry)
And bamm Bale.

Still at least 45min, so:
Good luck.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

No I'm not, I just like to watch international tournaments, short and sweet. It is the only time I watch soccer though once every two years. I just prefer to see good teams win over supporting a team that just happen to have players that are registered as citizens of the country I am in.

Your god given home jersey?

edit on 16-6-2016 by Peeple because: Rrrrrrr

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Ha ha, of course.

Can't wait for Germany tonight. Poland look very good.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Pin your colours to the mast peeps. What country do you think will win?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Hummels plays, Germany wins.

While I have a feeling I might regret that bold statement.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Hummels plays, Germany wins.

While I have a feeling I might regret that bold statement.

I concur, he is instrumental this evening.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Eey I'm European,
My kid is half-Asian
The new Misses is South-American

What is that a home jersey? The flag that makes me pay taxes?

lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join