It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the police actually aiding the anti-Trump violence??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
We have all read about how police have apparently been told to stand down when it comes to these "protestors". However, it's come to my attention that it could be alot worse than that, with some claiming that police actually routed them through dangerous areas.

San Jose police chief defends officers accused of failing to protect Trump supporters from violence

If you sort the comments by "best", you can easily locate these. This is the primary comment made:

As a Trump supporter, I was there, in San Jose, attending the Trump event on June 2. The Trump event attendees were forced to walk past the protesters afterward, after the event was over, to get to their cars. Broad areas of sidewalks and streets, that were not blockaded before the event started, were blockaded by barriers after the event ended, and standing in front of those barriers were lines of individual police officers telling Trump event attendees what route to follow to get to their vehicles. I had parked in a parking garage right next door to the event. Before the event, an easy walk to the event, after event over, had to square 4 blocks of sidewalk lined with protesters who somehow knew the exact route that Trump supporters/event attendees had to walk, and were waiting for them. Frankly, it was pretty obvious that either law enforcement personnel or the mayors office, someone in the know, had told the protesters where the Trump supporters would be forced to walk after the event. Attendees only went where law enforcement officers told them to go in order to get to our cars. We followed their instructions. The protesters knew, seemed well informed, of the direction where Trump supporters were going to be heading even before we exited the event, and protesters lined that walking route as a result, literally laying in wait where no law enforcement was present. There was an intent to force the supporters and protesters together. There was no intent to keep them apart. Trump supporters exiting the event were literally set up like rats in a maze, forced to follow a prescribed set of boundaries, which led directly to the protesters and not away from them. The press got their story but the clash was completely avoidable. It was created by intention and by design.

Other comments backed that claim:

It's true. We were funneled to where the cops told us to go. Many people steered off from the natural (simpler) path back to their cars. The SJPD was actually putting us in harms way through their funneling system. Glad I made it out without any major injuries.

I was at the event and experienced the same exact thing. I'm trying to take it to the next level to hold someone responsible and was hoping to get as many other supporters to come forward too.

So, not only were the police not stopping the violence, it appears they might well have aided the violence. I understand these are comments, and thus hearsay, but the possibility cannot be ignored.

What say you, ATS?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Yup.

They sure are.

But only in Hillary supporting cities I suspect.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
and ...

San Jose Mayor Justifies Mob Violence

Thousands of Americans participated in that most benign of civic rituals in San Jose, California, on Thursday night: seeing a presidential candidate speak. Of course, that candidate was Donald Trump, so as these engaged citizens streamed out of the arena, they were subjected to astonishing levels of violence. An angry mob pelted eggs, tomatoes, and bottles at the spectators—as well as the police, who tried (and failed) to maintain some semblance of order. Other Trump supporters were set upon and punched. One was left with blood streaming down his face. (See representative video below.)

The mayor of San Jose, Democrat Sam Liccardo, reacted angrily to the events. Not that he was particularly upset at the violent mob that attacked innocent Americans, of course. No, his ire was directed at Mr. Trump. "At some point Donald Trump needs to take responsibility for the irresponsible behavior of his campaign," the mayor said. Apparently it was downright "irresponsible" of Trump to even set foot in California's third largest city. ...........

Mayor Liccardo justified committing violence against people with whom he disagrees politically. That's an attack on the very foundation of our system of government and the First Amendment, and a very dangerous one.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Yup.

They sure are.

But only in Hillary supporting cities I suspect.

Makes sense; places that don't support her, people on the street are likely to be armed!!

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
and ...

San Jose Mayor Justifies Mob Violence

Thousands of Americans participated in that most benign of civic rituals in San Jose, California, on Thursday night: seeing a presidential candidate speak. Of course, that candidate was Donald Trump, so as these engaged citizens streamed out of the arena, they were subjected to astonishing levels of violence. An angry mob pelted eggs, tomatoes, and bottles at the spectators—as well as the police, who tried (and failed) to maintain some semblance of order. Other Trump supporters were set upon and punched. One was left with blood streaming down his face. (See representative video below.)

The mayor of San Jose, Democrat Sam Liccardo, reacted angrily to the events. Not that he was particularly upset at the violent mob that attacked innocent Americans, of course. No, his ire was directed at Mr. Trump. "At some point Donald Trump needs to take responsibility for the irresponsible behavior of his campaign," the mayor said. Apparently it was downright "irresponsible" of Trump to even set foot in California's third largest city. ...........

Mayor Liccardo justified committing violence against people with whom he disagrees politically. That's an attack on the very foundation of our system of government and the First Amendment, and a very dangerous one.

Yeah, saw that as well. Maybe he ordered the cops to aid these "protesters" himself. Maybe he's working with others who share his anti-freedom sentiments.

top topics

join