It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ending the "Snowflake" and Name Calling Paradigm

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It isn't hate, it is disgust. People that want to use violence, lies, and hate to "force" others to believe what they do disgust me.

It reminds me of a few dictatorships throughout history.

I don't think you can equate these people to people that have actually fought for social justice throughout history.

Martin Luther King would be disgusted by these people I think.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

There were a lot of racist people throwing bricks through windows and beating up black people during Marin Luther King's time.

Seems like everyone's hands are dirty. I'm sure those people who were pro segregation and anti-civil rights believed they were morally justified and doing things in the name of "social justice".

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
a reply to: awareness10

I would show you a pic, but it's difficult to do so when you are using an I-pad.

ah yes so This is what they call 'jazz hands'.

Funny you know, this PC trend. To me, jazz hands look just like what a Criminal does before he's arrested.

JAZZ HANDS

Jazz Hands LOVE IT lol!

THIS is by far my Favorite! Thankyou Burdman!

edit on 6/11/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

The point was that your hate/disgust at "SJWs" is so broad as to be meaningless...or applies to everyone.

MLK drew the same response of hate/disgust. He was smeared as a 'liar' and a philanderer to undermine his religious credibility. He was still a "SJW."

People have recently degraded social justice into a slur when it's the main reason we can exist in 'polite society.' Maybe it's time we all started criticising ideas again instead of splashing around a broad brush? When we generalise across a third or more of society based on a prejudice, it's an end to debate.

Chances are, an "SJW" ATSer will have something in common with you too? They also might want a safer neighborhood or better teachers in their local school. Do you see what I mean? It's dangerous to label too many people in case in case it backfires on us too.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: DBCowboy

What?

When we get to a point where people determine the words others use to describe them, then free expression is shot to hell.

"With great power there comes great responsibility." Few
seem to be responsible these

hmm letsee. When Snowflakes can't win an argumeny they use terms like: Racist, bigot, nazi, christian nut, fascist, hater etc etc Snowflake is really pretty tame when compared to the insults THEY like to dish out at the drop of a hat. Maybe Snowflakes should take a look in the mirror. You reap what you sow.

days.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Agree. I'm fed up of coming on here to see people bitch and throw labels about and rant. It's like a playground most of the time. I get that people have a lot of built up frustration at the world but this site seems to be projecting more and more negativity towards certain groups in society.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Why is this in BBQ? More like a chit chat thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Why is this in BBQ? More like a chit chat thread.

Can't stop laughing now.

On topic, I pretty much just skim posts in threads when snowflake is used. Just seems lazy to me.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The people who call others snowflakes and SJWs are commonly far right racists. ATS has become a sound board for this hateful and degenerate element.

SJW/snowflake is a slur for liberal whites who do not find racist, bigoted, sexist, and hateful behavior to be acceptable.

The people who call others this aren't fooling anyone.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

Yeah the angle they use is very transparent, quite boring and a sign of needing to live in the fresh air a bit more.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

...but yea, words have no power we don't gift them all our own.

Such a silly notion, book burning and such. Land of the free, or land of the little bitches?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink
a reply to: onequestion

Agree. I'm fed up of coming on here to see people bitch and throw labels about and rant. It's like a playground most of the time. I get that people have a lot of built up frustration at the world but this site seems to be projecting more and more negativity towards certain groups in society.

It's humorous! Poo flinging to the extreme, I like watching the show.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

a reply to: awareness10

It's beyond that. It's to the point that people go out of their way to be offended.

That is a REAL problem.

imho . . . personhood is priceless and not to be assaulted or even insulted.

HOWEVER, imho, ideas, attitudes, habits, perceptions etc. are fair game.

And IF and when we get to the stage that we cannot comment on such things for fear of offending, triggering a panic attack or otherwise "causing" some idiot to go into a catatonic or 2 year old level fit

THEN

that will be the day that absolutely no discourse, no dialogue, no meaningful exchange is any more possible.

But what about civility?

It seems to me that the chronically offended, wounded and otherwise professional wimps

keep pushing the definition of civility to the tiny corner defined by only those things that THEY can TOLERATE hearing.

TO ME, a more functional definition of civility would be to respect the person's personhood as the priceless creation it is.

But then, to also be free to say when the emperor has no clothes, is dribbling snot or has just spewed a raft of poo all over the countryside.

And, I even think satire illustrating the latter should also be fair game. Sometimes it takes biting satire to get a point to register sufficiently on some lobotomized brains.

But I do try and be teachable . . . so, please give me some guidelines about the above oh highly respected one.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
ATS has been boiled down to:

"I know you are, but what am I"

The kiddies have taken over the asylum.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
What astonishes me is that it's the conservative crybabies playing the whine card when they get called out on their bigotry.

Keep it up you just got 5,000,000,000 more votes for the dembs.
^^^look familiar?
edit on 11-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I understand that not all people in this group are the same. Not all Nazis were the same either though. I am sure there were a lot of Nazis that did not think murdering Jews was a good thing. I am sure that some of them were ignorant to the true intent of the movement that they belonged to.... and that's the problem here.

The people that are defending this movement, are either the exact type of people that are described in numerous threads, or they are ignorant of the true nature of this movement. The SJW sympathizers are just as bad as Nazi sympathizers. They stand for the exact same ideology that Nazis did, except it's just flipped on it's head.

(post by Winstonian removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

The people that are defending this movement, are either the exact type of people that are described in numerous threads, or they are ignorant of the true nature of this movement. The SJW sympathizers are just as bad as Nazi sympathizers. They stand for the exact same ideology that Nazis did, except it's just flipped on it's head.

You're splashing that broad brush around again. You've generalised a massive spectrum of people and then conflated them with Nazis.

It says more about your perspective than it does about the "SJWs.' Right now, I don't know how you define a "SJW" but I know you hate them and their 'sympathizers.'

Can you understand that rhetoric is only useful when the targets are clearly defined?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

Sorry. I'm clueless.

What does

SJW

stand for?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Social Justice Warrior.

You know... someone like Jesus giving the money changers a spot of activism.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join